Animated track objects: another wizardry by x4fab and his Custom Shaders

Suddenly I want to model a wind turbine! Looks insane! I wonder if moving track marshalls are in the cards? Since keyframe animations are included so maybe some looping animations could be possible some day?

Isn't this video still 'unlisted' so not meant for general public release yet? I posted it briefly by mistake on GTP a week or two ago after seeing it on FB but quickly deleted it when it was pointed out to me that it was still unlisted.

Content does look amazing though. A whole world of new possibilities: smoky camp fires at the Nordschliefe... animated wind turbines... TV choppers patrolling the skies... vehicles (or people) moving around the edges of tracks... trains going over viaducts... marshals waving flags...
Can't wait to see what people come up with.

I dont know if it is a private feature or not, but saw this same video over on the SIMTRAXX discord group. Interesting feature, wonder what the modders will come up with on this feature. As Mascot mentions, this will add more real life action to the tracks, but what will happen to the Frame rates doing it.

This new smoke cloud is something next gen!

You can punch through it like Cole Trickle :D

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_f2004_daytona_2017_31-12-119-1-56-44.png

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_f2004_daytona_2017_31-12-119-1-56-46.png

Just looking through this old post and actually said "what.!!!" out loud at this.

How is this done? ParticleFX? I can never get the smoke or even the fireworks to work
With this simple code:

Code:
[SMOKE_...]
POSITION = -178.6, 4.36, -244.81
DIRECTION = 0, 1, 0
SPEED = 25
SIZE = 0.1
COLOR = 1, 0.5, 0, 1
SPREAD = 8
INTENSITY = 1

Change position and tweak values to adjust the type of smoke obviously :thumbsup:

hello, I have an animated chopper on my upcoming Stockholm map, but somehow the attached lights fade out when the chopper reaches a certain distance from the center of the map. Anyone know how to fix this/ what could be causing this?

hello, I have an animated chopper on my upcoming Stockholm map, but somehow the attached lights fade out when the chopper reaches a certain distance from the center of the map. Anyone know how to fix this/ what could be causing this?

FADE_OUT= value too low?
or does it also fade if you move the camera near the chopper far from origin of map?
How far are we talking?

it always fades when chopper reaches a certain distance away from center of the map, when i place the path ~3km away from center of the map it does not work at all. I am sure it has nothing to do with the camera :/

this is the config:

[LIGHT_...]
POSITION = 1, -15, -10
DIRECTION = 0, -1, 1
RELATIVE_TO = biplane_1
SPOT =210
SPOT_SHARPNESS = 0.2
RANGE = 150
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET = 0.9
FADE_AT = 1300
COLOR = 0,0,100,0.2

fade_at only influences view from camera and that is working fine, it really seems to be another problem but I cant figure i out...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 105 14.0%