Analogue Tach Issue

Gabor Edelmayer

50RPM
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
Hey all,
I'm having a weird issue with the tachs of some cars not working correctly. The tach on the dash seems to lag and is choppy. This issue effects cars at random as some mod/vanilla content works and some does not.
I did not have this issue about a week ago and I have changed nothing in files.
I have already tried to rollback graphics drivers but that did not solve the issue.
I have no clue what caused the issue or how to fix it, so any help is appreciated. :thumbsup:

Johnr777

500RPM
Premium
Jun 25, 2017
Hey all,
I'm having a weird issue with the tachs of some cars not working correctly. The tach on the dash seems to lag and is choppy. This issue effects cars at random as some mod/vanilla content works and some does not.
I did not have this issue about a week ago and I have changed nothing in files.
I have already tried to rollback graphics drivers but that did not solve the issue.
I have no clue what caused the issue or how to fix it, so any help is appreciated. :thumbsup:
It’s not an issue, it’s a feature from CM and shader patch to emulate a more realistic “vintage” tachometer...

To disable, you can find the option in the CM settings, shader patch, general, I believe... untick use realistic tachometers.

Really wish this feature was disabled by default. This is talked about daily lol

Gabor Edelmayer

50RPM
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
Oh okay.
Thanks for the swift reply.;)
It's really wierd because I changed no settings but the tach just changed.
Good to know it's not an issue! :whistling:

Steen71

10RPM
Mar 2, 2014
It’s not an issue, it’s a feature from CM and shader patch to emulate a more realistic “vintage” tachometer...

To disable, you can find the option in the CM settings, shader patch, general, I believe... untick use realistic tachometers.

Really wish this feature was disabled by default. This is talked about daily lol
Thanks so much! I was getting pretty annoyed. In this case I don't care about realism,

Specifically, it's found under Settings -> Custom Shaders Patch -> Extensions -> Car Instruments -> "Use accurate tachometers"

Reactions: eod696 and Seb95

BP

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 1, 2016
Thanks for this thread, I was going crazy trying to figure this one out. Being a young guy, I did vaguely remember seeing the tach on the cars in the 1966 Grand Prix movie moving like that in the opening sequence, but I chalked it up to them maybe running a test...didn't realise they actually had a slower "refresh rate" compared to more modern analogue tachometers. Now that I know it's not a glitch I may actually keep it...I've always relied more on learning the sound of the engine than the tach anyways.

Found a modern video of the real Lotus 79 which shows this clearly:

aphidgod

2000RPM
Premium
Jun 27, 2015
Would be nice if CSP would default all of these goofy options to off so people wouldn't constantly be confused by their game breaking in unexpected and useless ways.

BP

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 1, 2016
Would be nice if CSP would default all of these goofy options to off so people wouldn't constantly be confused by their game breaking in unexpected and useless ways.
It's a sim...of real life cars...they simulated the real life behavior of the tach...on a real life car...in a sim.

How is that a goofy option? :confused:

aphidgod

2000RPM
Premium
Jun 27, 2015
It's not done well, and it's not helpful for gameplay anyway. And this is a game.

Andy-R

1000RPM
Jul 23, 2016
If it was done better and forced, like part of the vanilla install it would be great but as is it's just a disadvantage.