Analogue Tach Issue

Hey all,
I'm having a weird issue with the tachs of some cars not working correctly. The tach on the dash seems to lag and is choppy. This issue effects cars at random as some mod/vanilla content works and some does not.
I did not have this issue about a week ago and I have changed nothing in files.
I have already tried to rollback graphics drivers but that did not solve the issue.
I have no clue what caused the issue or how to fix it, so any help is appreciated. :thumbsup:

Hey all,
I'm having a weird issue with the tachs of some cars not working correctly. The tach on the dash seems to lag and is choppy. This issue effects cars at random as some mod/vanilla content works and some does not.
I did not have this issue about a week ago and I have changed nothing in files.
I have already tried to rollback graphics drivers but that did not solve the issue.
I have no clue what caused the issue or how to fix it, so any help is appreciated. :thumbsup:

It’s not an issue, it’s a feature from CM and shader patch to emulate a more realistic “vintage” tachometer...

To disable, you can find the option in the CM settings, shader patch, general, I believe... untick use realistic tachometers.

Really wish this feature was disabled by default. This is talked about daily lol

It’s not an issue, it’s a feature from CM and shader patch to emulate a more realistic “vintage” tachometer...

To disable, you can find the option in the CM settings, shader patch, general, I believe... untick use realistic tachometers.

Really wish this feature was disabled by default. This is talked about daily lol
Thanks so much! I was getting pretty annoyed. In this case I don't care about realism,

Specifically, it's found under Settings -> Custom Shaders Patch -> Extensions -> Car Instruments -> "Use accurate tachometers"

Thanks for this thread, I was going crazy trying to figure this one out. Being a young guy, I did vaguely remember seeing the tach on the cars in the 1966 Grand Prix movie moving like that in the opening sequence, but I chalked it up to them maybe running a test...didn't realise they actually had a slower "refresh rate" compared to more modern analogue tachometers. Now that I know it's not a glitch I may actually keep it...I've always relied more on learning the sound of the engine than the tach anyways.

Found a modern video of the real Lotus 79 which shows this clearly:

Would be nice if CSP would default all of these goofy options to off so people wouldn't constantly be confused by their game breaking in unexpected and useless ways.

It's a sim...of real life cars...they simulated the real life behavior of the tach...on a real life car...in a sim.

How is that a goofy option? :confused:

Thanks for this thread, I was going crazy trying to figure this one out. Being a young guy, I did vaguely remember seeing the tach on the cars in the 1966 Grand Prix movie moving like that in the opening sequence, but I chalked it up to them maybe running a test...didn't realise they actually had a slower "refresh rate" compared to more modern analogue tachometers. Now that I know it's not a glitch I may actually keep it...I've always relied more on learning the sound of the engine than the tach anyways.

Found a modern video of the real Lotus 79 which shows this clearly:

**** I was sure it would bouce around insntad of just snaping now I'm sad that I can't stand it XD

anyone still looking for the setting, turn off this:
1613322370272.png

or if you want to dig into a particular config, set RPM_VINTAGE_DELAY to 0:
(your path maybe "assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\loaded")
(RPM_VINTAGE_ROUND_TO in RPM is how 'steppy' it is)
1613322477768.png

btw only
lotus_49 and
shelby_cobra_427sc
seem to have those now (maybe some other old cars, not sure)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing