AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility

Other AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility 2.4.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
You know that you can generate a grid using NAMeS from within the app using the New Generated Grid option? You can even have all checkboxes checked from the start with all values being set to 0 so you can start with a blank slate by unchecking the "Range of Values" CheckBox. Hopefully you find that helpful, I will try to add a small tool to check all checkboxes for you in the next update, in case you are using any of those NAMeS expansions.
oh thats cool didnt know that.

I also creat my own lists and that too i have to go check each box.

but yeah a button to "check all" would solve all my issues :)

Hello. I want to create a lineup for LeMans where I have 7 LMDh cars, 6 GTE cars and the others are all GT3 cars. This also works in AMS2. But I only want to have certain liverys for the vehicles. Can this be done, and if so, how?

Hello. I want to create a lineup for LeMans where I have 7 LMDh cars, 6 GTE cars and the others are all GT3 cars. This also works in AMS2. But I only want to have certain liverys for the vehicles. Can this be done, and if so, how?
Hello, As far as I remember, AMS2 will proritize those drivers that are listed in the Custom AI file. I will suggest, making a custom file with only the liveries that you want for each class and using those files for your Lineup.
Let's say you want to drive a car in LMDh class, then choose 6 other liveries that you want present and create a Custom AI file with only the drivers that use these liveries,
Then make a file with the 6 liveries that you want from GTE
Then do the same with GT3 if you want to.

This should make the game "Prefer" the liveries you desire for each class.

Can you use this tool to pre, organize the grid starting order? Many thanks Sean..
Hello Sean, I'm not sure what you mean by starting grid order. Can you please elaborate on what you mean? Give me an example of grid starting order please. If you mean the order in which the grid starts if you skip quali, I believe that is determined by QualiSkill slider, and you could in theory affect it but I didn't test it and I assume it has some RNG or it may depend on car and aggression as well.

Hello, how I can make custom grids for modded cars such as the Ferrari/Aston/Ford which don't have XML?
I looked into this for you. I think that modded cars such as IndyCar mod should come with a file like UserData/CustomAIDrivers/Carname.xml

bimba.png

If you want to create your own or edit the drivers in the given xml file you can do the following,

On the welcome screen, you should choose the option called Existing Modded Grid (Or if you disabled the welcome screen it will be available in the menu at File > Import Modded.
1709585487596.png

You want to choose that file that comes in the mod package and it will open it for you. You will be able to edit it and change any values you want.

1709585613587.png

If you want to Create a fresh grid with that class you shoul dbe aware that this utility also imports the vehicle class for a modded livery if that option is chosen. You can see that class's details in Library > Vehicle Classes > Edit.

1709585740057.png

You can change it's name but I suggest not changing anything else like xml name or Livery Names unless you know what you're doing and are assembling a class from multiple mods.

If you want to use this class for a new Grid you can now do so. By either selecting File > New > Empty Grid > Generate. and then after creating and selecting your first driver you can check the Choose Livery option. It will pop up a window asking you to choose a class. Simply choose the new class you created (It should be at the very bottom)

You can also use this class in File > New > From Table Generator or File > New Grid Generator (But you can't use NAMeS on this grid as NAMeS doesn't have modded cars (NAMeS+ does. I think)

NOTE: This class will be available until you close your utility. You can now import grids using this class as Regular Import grid rather than modded. If you close the program you will have to reimport this file as a modded grid.

If you want to persist this Vehicle class the only thing you need to do is press the Library > Vehicle Classes > Export and then Library > Vehicle Classes > Import and choose your new file. It will now always load that file instead of the default one.

(Note to self: make this process more streamlined in the future)

I hope that answers your question, I will be happy to answer any of your other questions if you have any.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.