AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility

Other AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility 2.4.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
LuxMundi submitted a new resource:

AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility - Allows users to quickly generate Custom AI Grids

This is an open source Java app that allows users to quickly and easily generate new custom AI grids. for Automobilista 2.

Custom AI is a very powerful but underused feature in AMS2. It allows the user to spread out the grid or recreate real life grids and drivers.

image.png

This program is capable of allowing the users to quickly generate grids or to fine tune them with many sliders...

Read more about this resource...

Just Realized I had a brainfart moment and released this utility 2 days after AMS2 had a new version released. I will update my libraries to the newest version ASAP and release V2..1 with some changes and improvement that were suggested to me by users.

LuxMundi updated AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility with a new update entry:

AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility 2.1 Release

Updated for Automobilista 1.4.8.1
Features a new New Grid Wizard window, Mass Modify tool, and Tooltips for the main window, track override editor, new grid wizard and mass modify tool.
New Save button for the grid, ability to directly edit driver names and country in the table itself, and some minor GUI improvements.
Many minor bugfixes (like the .xml.xml bug for modded grids)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Now it's up to date. I suggest everyone updates to 2.1 as there was a lot of feedback and bugs reported in the 2.0 version that are now fixed/addressed.

Here's an icon and a logo. Feel free to use them, no credit needed.

Logo
View attachment 671964

Icon
View attachment 671965 View attachment 671983
*maybe I need to do something else or remove that '2' on the icon

App title bar icon
View attachment 671980 View attachment 671981 View attachment 671982
Thank you so much for providing these. They look amazing and fit very well with the color scheme of the program. I will definitely find a way to credit you somewhere for these.

Does this support multi-class grids? I'd like to set up a grid using the DPi + GTE + GT3 Preset with custom AI.
If I was doing it right you do not setup exact grid but ai for whole class. So I did with this tool grid for dpi and gte and then created quick race with both of these classes

Great addon @LuxMundi waiting for update for 1.5 :D hope you're well
Yes, the AMS2CDU 2.2 for AMS 1.5 update is currently in development. There are a few features I want to ship with this version, It will be ready in a few days. It seems whenever I'm working on this project good, life changing things start happening in my life. Last time, I moved to a different country. This time I'm busy being interviewed for a new job. I will have time to finish this update in a few days. All the resources I needed, mainly NAMeS has already updated to 1.5

Does this support multi-class grids? I'd like to set up a grid using the DPi + GTE + GT3 Preset with custom AI.
In order to have a multi-class grid. You need to generate a grid for each class involved. You don't need to fill it up fully, just 8 or 9 drivers in each class will do. The game automatically prioritizes custom drivers over regular ones. But do be aware that if you have 2 custom Drivers in DPI, 0 in GT,3 and 16 in GTE your grid will always have 2 cars from DPI 2 cars from GT3 (not custom) and 16 GTE cars unless you do a custom grid and force the amount of drivers in each to be different.

Yes, the AMS2CDU 2.2 for AMS 1.5 update is currently in development. There are a few features I want to ship with this version, It will be ready in a few days. It seems whenever I'm working on this project good, life changing things start happening in my life. Last time, I moved to a different country. This time I'm busy being interviewed for a new job. I will have time to finish this update in a few days. All the resources I needed, mainly NAMeS has already updated to 1.5
Good for you and fingers crossed for your job. Hope you have great time in new country. Nice that we received feedback and update about update
I like very much your addon and use it without names. I use only for randomize values so have more fun and random incidents at the race. Hope we will have a life time update from you for this tool.

Next I will test content manager maybe and some mods.

Greetings and keep well

Good for you and fingers crossed for your job. Hope you have great time in new country. Nice that we received feedback and update about update
I like very much your addon and use it without names. I use only for randomize values so have more fun and random incidents at the race. Hope we will have a life time update from you for this tool.

Next I will test content manager maybe and some mods.

Greetings and keep well
Update will happen Tuesday or Wednesday. It will feature some pretty neat quality of life changes, some compatibility with files (specifically jusk's files) and a new feature of custom mass modify (choose some drivers from your grid and then mass modify their values), as well as all libraries updated to 1.5

LuxMundi updated AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility with a new update entry:

AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility 2.2 Release

Ams 2 CDU 2.2 is a major update bringing in new features and quality of life improvements:

First Major feature of this release is Dynamic highlighting. When using (choose livery) liveries that are already taken are going to be highlighted in yellow. If it happens that you have accidentally chosen the same livery twice the drivers affected are also going to be highlighted yellow.
image.png

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for this great tool! I know the program doesnt recognize some of the modded AI files, but there are some that the program recognizes and lets you edit the values, but when you save the file it doesn't save it. Is that a know issue?

Thanks for this great tool! I know the program doesnt recognize some of the modded AI files, but there are some that the program recognizes and lets you edit the values, but when you save the file it doesn't save it. Is that a know issue?
Some creators reached out for compatibility. There are still some things that AMS2 reads as valid girds, while AMS2CDU considers them invalid. If you can give me an example of a file with which you had compatability issues please tell me. But first - When importing modded grids make sure you are using the "Import Modded" option.

If you can give an example of a file that behavious like this, I will create a small bugfix release. There are a few bugs already reported, but they don't have high priority.

I have identified a bug in the new rounding (flooring) of values during export. Bugfix incoming.

If you find any issues after that, please contact me again. Especially if you have an example of a grid that IS loaded by AMS2 but Isn't loaded by custom drivers utility.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.