AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility

Other AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility 2.4.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
LuxMundi updated AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility with a new update entry:

AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility 2.2.1 Release

Bugfix:
  • Fixed a major bug in the new rounding of values function, that resulted in short values being cropped beyond their actual length.
If you are experiencing issues with exporting grids (Especially after importing from another source.) Download this update, and you should be able to save (export) any grid that successfully loads (imports) whether modded or not.

If you experience any bugs (such as not being able to open a specific custom grid file), please inform me in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

how do you install this?...Do i just drop the folders into the game or do I create a folder on my desktop and drop the folder in that. It would be good if you guys that make these editors to give us an idea to where to put the software correctly.

how do you install this?...Do i just drop the folders into the game or do I create a folder on my desktop and drop the folder in that. It would be good if you guys that make these editors to give us an idea to where to put the software correctly.
Put it anywhere and launch the exe file. I will do a proper installer at some point, when I have time.

had a weird issue where not all car classes where showing up in the dropdown...
found out that the '</vehicle_classes>' tag was misplaced in the vehicles.xml, not sure if that's on purpose and i broke something else in the process ;)

had a weird issue where not all car classes where showing up in the dropdown...
found out that the '</vehicle_classes>' tag was misplaced in the vehicles.xml, not sure if that's on purpose and i broke something else in the process ;)
Thank you for the Report
No you didn't break anything this tag should be placed at the end of all <vehicle_class> definitions. apparently when sorting the new vehicle classes alphabetically I managed to misplace it. I will patch it shortly (I really need to consider making an automatic updater for these kinds of issues)

Last edited:
I have identified a bug in the new rounding (flooring) of values during export. Bugfix incoming.

If you find any issues after that, please contact me again. Especially if you have an example of a grid that IS loaded by AMS2 but Isn't loaded by custom drivers utility.
Working flawlessly now! The only file I could find that the app doesn't recognize is the KAOS 1996 mod AI file. Others that had issues are loading and saving fine now! Thanks for the app again, love how easy it is to add track overrides.

Working flawlessly now! The only file I could find that the app doesn't recognize is the KAOS 1996 mod AI file. Others that had issues are loading and saving fine now! Thanks for the app again, love how easy it is to add track overrides.
Version 2.2.2 of Custom Driver's utility reads the most up to date version of KAOS 1996 just fine for me. It doesn't cause any errors when saving either. I am not able to replicate any issues with this mod.

Version 2.2.2 of Custom Driver's utility reads the most up to date version of KAOS 1996 just fine for me. It doesn't cause any errors when saving either. I am not able to replicate any issues with this mod.
Correct! I had the 1.0 version of the mod, was unaware they had updated it. Everything loads fine now. Thanks!

Hi...I noticed the wet skill is not ticked...if I tick this and add to the slider bar does this affect the AI driver after saving that driver?
When Opening any AI file. If any property is not ticked, it means that the creator of the file did not wish to override that value from the baseline. Each driver for whom you tick the checkbox and move the slider that value will now be affecting that driver in game after saving. If you remove the tick, it will no longer affect the driver.

Custom Drivers Utility 2.3 Poll

Hello, AMS2 Community! After the 2.2 update I have noticed a significant uptick of people downloading and using this program. I am currently starting to prepare to begin outlining a roadmap for version 2.3 and I need your help.

I made a Poll where I asked some important questions relating to features that may or may not be developed for version 2.3.

Also, I am now open to feature suggestions from the members of the community...

Cool to see that more people are using the app, this reminds me so much of GP4 and how you are able to do a generic season BOP or a 1-1 recreation of actual races or seasons with the track overrides.

Looking forward to the improvements that are on the pipeline. On my side I like the App as it is, although the option from the poll that would create a grid with the respective values taken from a championship result is awesome, would save a lot of time, as that's basically how I am making my custom AI now.

Last edited:
Hello!

Question, does this work to use in MP with ai?

Me and some friends are spread out a bit pace wise and would be nice to have a broader field of strength when it comes to ai, so everone have something to race!

This AI Utility is very fast for editing and creating AI for AMS2. Thanks to LuxMundi; also this is a smart, flexible, easy to use utility. The BEST a.i. editor I have ever used! I am a casual and low skilled racer, so I'm modifying a.i. for less consistent, less stamina and more prone for mistakes. Now I enjoy AMS2 more. Awesome job, Thanks to utility developer LuxMundi!

I see where there is an option to import drivers libraries but I cant seem to figure out how to do it. I have a lis of names in a text xml file and try to impor them, but not getting anything. Is this possible?

I see where there is an option to import drivers libraries but I cant seem to figure out how to do it. I have a lis of names in a text xml file and try to impor them, but not getting anything. Is this possible?
Thank you for reaching out. This might be a bug, or it might be a formatting issue (Driver Libraries need to be formatted in the same way that driver overrides are formatted (Except they should not have an assigned livery name). If you can provide me the file that you're trying to import I may be able to help you.

Version 2.3 is in development

Thank you to everyone that participated in the poll. I have been quite busy for the last few months. I started working in senior position in one of the biggest telecommunications companies in Armenia.

Since AMS2 1.5.3 is on the horizon I decided to start working on the update now, so I can release the new version in a week from when AMS2 1.5.3 is going to be released.

I have considered the results from the poll and am going to start working on the features that have been requested the...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea