AMS 2 | Latest Big Update For Automobilista 2 Has Been Deployed

David Commander

25RPM
Premium
Nov 28, 2014
Are the few reviews saying AMS2 physics is exactly like PC2 talking out of their butts? Cant wait til i can get it.
Those vids from what I have seen are dated.
The beta has changed significantly over several weeks and more changes due this weekend I believe.
With 600hrs or so on PC2 with the latest modded ffb files that improved it. I can say AMS2 is not the same Over 100hrs beta testing. Correction 38hrs beta 136hrs ea

Last edited:

David Commander

25RPM
Premium
Nov 28, 2014
Perhaps your wheel is not correctly calibrated? The text accompanying the wheel calibration is ambiguous and can lead to confusion. After turning the wheel to its maximum extent and pressing "Save", the user is prompted to turn the wheel so that it is 90° left or right.

What the wording doesn't make clear is if the wheel should be returned to its original position (yes, it should) and then turned 90° or if it should be turned 90° immediately. The correct action is probably clear to the devs, but a user could unwittingly set the wrong angle of rotation and spoil the whole driving experience.

I've asked Reiza a couple of times to amend the instructions but to no avail.
I agree it was not clear in PC2 and atm has just carried over.
As above
This is what works on my g29
Turn fully left (should read 100) press next.
re centre wheel.
Then turn 90 degrees Right. Should read 860 (it does for me)
works fine in all cars

Fi22le

25RPM
Jan 23, 2020
I agree it was not clear in PC2 and atm has just carried over.
As above
This is what works on my g29
Turn fully left (should read 100) press next.
re centre wheel.
Then turn 90 degrees Right. Should read 860 (it does for me)
works fine in all cars
(Due to the poor wording) It seems I have been calibrating incorrectly then.

What is strange is that when I start the game after an update, the drivers hands on screen only turn at half of my wheel input rate. I then calibrate the wheel (incorrectly, I just learned), and my inputs correctly match the on screen hands 1:1. Strange!

Anyway, thanks for the information.

Sep 18, 2016
Reiza has amended the wheel calibration instructions but they are still ambiguous. The critical part, as seen above, is when to re-centre the wheel and by how much. I've asked Reiza to edit the text once more. As @Fi22le and @David Commander demonstrate, the process is not clear enough.

Reactions: Fi22le