AMS 2 | Hotfix 1.0.4.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios recently deployed a new hotfix update to their Automobilista 2 racing simulation.
  • Physics updates to new cars.
  • Various vehicle and track tweaks.
  • Multiple smaller adjustments.
In recent days Reiza Studios have deployed another new hotfix update to their latest Automobilista 2 build, and with it comes a nice selection of changes and improvements as the Brazilian team continue to work hard improving this popular game.

V1.0.4.1 CHANGELOG:

GENERAL

• Fixed camera jittering when in low head movement slider values
  • Fixed Time Trial leaderboards for BMW M1 Procar
UI & HUD
  • Fixed hover activation states on new Championship screen
  • Fixed incorrect vehicle information for cars added in v1.0.4.0
PHYSICS & AI
  • Revised physics & fixed various issues in initial release of M1 Procar, Group A, Mini JCW, Mini Austin 1965 & Lotus 23
  • Adjusted Group A & Procar tyre tread
  • Increased engine rev band for Group A cars to avoid triggering overreving bug
  • Fixed default tyre selection errors for Lotus 23, Mini 1965, Mini 2020
  • Adjusted engine inertia for Group A cars, Mini JCW 2020, Lancer R & RS, Puma P052
  • Revised Lotus 23 suspension geometry & fixed tire diameter
  • Callibrated AI for new series
AUDIO
  • Fixed bug with news car sounds overwhelming system and cutting off certain effects
TRACKS
  • Imola: Fixed broken pit door collision for door 8,9,10 (garage 15-20); Max AI participants changed from 29 to 31
  • Adelaide: Minor art & performance pass
  • Azure: Added "cheatblock" to pit lane track cut mesh.
  • Bathurst: Attempted fix to floating groove in the Cutting
  • Cascavel: Minor Art Pass; Updated AI paths
  • Added VR Cams for Cascais & Jerez
VEHICLES
  • Lotus 23: various graphical updates & fxies
  • Mini JCW 2020: fixed bonnet issue; updated liveries(removed plates and fixed numbers font)
  • Ultima Race: added dirt / damage effects + Dangling damaged parts
  • Stock Car 2020: Update Cruze liveries; added new Windshield banner
  • Corrected onboard camera positions for Lotus 23, Mini Austin 1965 & Mini JCW 2020
  • F3 (F309) - Revised and updated liveries for the whole grid including 4 new community skins
  • Added MetalMoro AJR Dirt/Damage effects + Detachable parts (all versions)
Original Source; Reiza Studios

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

If you ever wondered if you are getting the most from your simulation, why not head over to the RaceDepartment AMS 2 Sub Forum and find out! Start a thread, and let the awesome community here at RD help you out!

AMS 2 Update Footer.jpg

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

As has been pointed out numerous times, including by Reiza themselves, the content creators are not the same guys working on the sim itself. It will not speed development to stop them working in a totally unrelated area. You explain to Reiza how a texture artist (for example) is supposed to fix issues with AI cars pitting, and perhaps they'll take it under advisement.
Why the rush to get out unfinished and buggy new content that requires hotfix of that size?
What about older content released earlier, is it ever gonna be addressed, or what's in the past stays in the past.

On the basis of quality of AMS1 I bought the 2020/2021 season pass and gave my confidence to Reiza to develop a great game. At least the performance is much better than ACC in terms of FPS.

Maybe it’s because the graphics in ACC are much better? I like both games. However, cars in AMS2 look ok, but nothing like ACC.

Last edited:
This game has been a broken mess since release and i don't understand why there are so many people who defend this game when all it takes is a little bit of critical thinking to see how bad AMS2 really is.
all it takes is a little critical thinking to see how worthless your post is...you make a flat statement and present no further info or evidence to back it up...well played

Your missing the point. Of course we get the monthly road maps and so on. I was talking about quality of the game being developed vs content paid/free being added that still unfinished work. Yes I got plenty of options to move onto. Its a competitive market out there. The simple fact that as we speak AMS1 is far more played than this "tremendous improvement just in the last 6 month" AMS2 tells you a lot. AMS 2 is far from ready to compete with the best out there. Nothing stands out as product ready about this game. I am not bashing the game, I prefer to be upfront and honest about my thoughts on a product. I do not expect a PERFECT product. I am seeking one that can FUNCTION. Its that simple. If that makes others angry or hate me, then so be it.

As it was mentioned before, developers working on content are not the same developers working on game physics or UI. This are different departments as it is in any other software development company.
Plus, as I mentioned before, Developers are not working for free.
Which game is played more doesn't say anything about the quality of the game. There are literally hundreds of reasons why a person favors one game over the other. Since you are familiar with the monthly Development updates, you are probably also familiar with Renato's statements that AMS2 is far from finished or done and continues to be a work in progress. Since you are not even able to acknowledge the progress AMS2 has made over the last 6 month, please feel free to enjoy one of the other products available on the market. Saying "I'm not bashing the game" while bashing the game is kind of an oxymoron.

Does this mean the bug where if you miss a shift and blow your engine, the car stops in place and forces your wheel to go full lock in a millisecond? Nearly breaking your wrists in the process if you have a DD wheel....... have had a few close calls with this.

So if there is a car with just one livery (ie. Lotus) we will never be able to have a grid of custom liveries b/c there is only one car....right? Just checking.

I really do like AMS2 and it made big steps forward in the last months.
However I’ll pause it (as I pause all the other sims right now because I just don’t find the time and motivation to race) until they add competitive and clever AI throughout all cars and tracks and a custom championship + livery editor, where I can adjust every single drivers strength/aggressiveness, names, assign liveries to each and every car etc. Right now it’s "just" a hotlap sim for me (which of course can be good fun!).

Grateful for hot fixes, free new content, no issue here.
I enjoy a lot of content in AMS2 and I am glad Reiza is offering this fine SIM to us.
Between AMS2, AC, ACC, R3E, PCars2 and RF2, their is a lot to be happy about and any developer caring for his product and his costumers (us) like Reiza, gets all my support for bringing me software to enjoy my hardware with. :) :)

Does this mean the bug where if you miss a shift and blow your engine, the car stops in place and forces your wheel to go full lock in a millisecond? Nearly breaking your wrists in the process if you have a DD wheel....... have had a few close calls with this.

So if there is a car with just one livery (ie. Lotus) we will never be able to have a grid of custom liveries b/c there is only one car....right? Just checking.
Single livery for 23 was the limitation of the license.
The user livery system will be added eventually, although i wouldnt expect it to be ingame livery/paint editor.
The overrev engine yep and proper solution for it coming up soon as well.

I think, both sides have a point here.

It does not help, having new content releases, when they are still WIP in the main build and issues expose after some laps of driving. The game is barely a 1.0, when looking at it by the usual defaults. (Which makes me coming back to AMS1 very often)

On the other side, without making excuses, it's communicated as development title, receiving updates on a regular base and reactions to feedback.

As it was mentioned before, developers working on content are not the same developers working on game physics or UI. This are different departments as it is in any other software development company.
Plus, as I mentioned before, Developers are not working for free.
Which game is played more doesn't say anything about the quality of the game. There are literally hundreds of reasons why a person favors one game over the other. Since you are familiar with the monthly Development updates, you are probably also familiar with Renato's statements that AMS2 is far from finished or done and continues to be a work in progress. Since you are not even able to acknowledge the progress AMS2 has made over the last 6 month, please feel free to enjoy one of the other products available on the market. Saying "I'm not bashing the game" while bashing the game is kind of an oxymoron.
There are issues in quite a few areas of the game so I'm not sure I agree that new content doesn't impact on the speed of fixes to existing content. Needing the money is a more reasonable excuse IMO. As far as I know they only have 1 physics guy and there are plenty of sound and UI bugs (for example) outside of the physics issues which have been there for ages. If they had more of their people working on those bugs they would get fixed faster. Obviously they have their reasons for not doing that, I guess they are short on cash.

It does not help, having new content releases, when they are still WIP in the main build and issues expose after some laps of driving. The game is barely a 1.0, when looking at it by the usual defaults. (Which makes me coming back to AMS1 very often)

On the other side, without making excuses, it's communicated as development title, receiving updates on a regular base and reactions to feedback.
maybe you have a point there, but i look at it like this - it becomes extremely easy to criticize the way someone does something when one is not responsible for actually doing it and/or have never done it....my experience in life has told me that when the shoe is on the other foot, it doesn't always fit as well.

Yeah and the August dev update said about SMS "but doing all of that without taking a single penny in advance, or even for a few months into its release to ensure we were able to continue developing it to the best of our ability". It could be that that grace period HAD to end, and despite Reiza not being as far along as they had wished, they needed to get some more cash in the door... Or I read to much between the lines.

There are issues in quite a few areas of the game so I'm not sure I agree that new content doesn't impact on the speed of fixes to existing content. Needing the money is a more reasonable excuse IMO. As far as I know they only have 1 physics guy and there are plenty of sound and UI bugs (for example) outside of the physics issues which have been there for ages. If they had more of their people working on those bugs they would get fixed faster. Obviously they have their reasons for not doing that, I guess they are short on cash.
I wonder if they'd take on "interns"? I'm looking for a new direction (unlike, say, the F-Retros) in life as a 25-year C++ programmer... don't mind learning something new for a while without pay. I reckon I could knock out the off-by-one rolling start lap count bug in a day after seeing the code for the first time. How hard could that one be? :)

I think there's something weird with car handling overall in AMS2, specially the stock car. But from the looks of it, it's as if that car is perfect already since I don't see any changes to it or any comentary.

People are not playing this and in my opinion it's this weird handling that drives people away. Game is not bad, it's just not that good either.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 43 68.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 14 22.2%