It has nothing to do with audio setup, it's an issue with the samples.SimRacing604 made a video and he showed FFB settings in the setup menu. Looks like it'll be per car which is great.
What is your audio setup? I haven't encountered this but my audio comes through either via USB to my Valve Index or a fairly cheap USB DAC/AMP. Could be audio drivers or maybe a reinstall?
In Florida ?GT1 cars are beauties, now where is Sebring?
Flat out Eau Rouge in GT3s has been a long standing topic also in AC some years ago.Spa looks and feels nice so far, clear there is still some work to do at least in terms of trackside objects.
Ai can't be used at it so far. Stickin behind slower cars for ages or hit each other.
Also easy to take Eau Rouge. No problems when I flat out the 720. Not sure if this is so easy irl.
Is it just me, or are others noticing a distinct throttle hesitation in some of the cars since the update? It is like a dead spot in the throttle mapping.Reiza Studios help kick-start 2021 with a bang, thanks to the latest build update of Automobilista 2 becoming available, and with it the mighty GT1 era of endurance racing golden days...
View attachment 431998
- GT1 DLC released.
- Spa-Francorchamps released.
- Many updates and improvements included in new build.
As the New Year celebrations begin to calm down, many of us with sore heads have awoken today to some very nice news - a freshly prepared build of Automobilista 2 is here, and comes complete with a nice version of both Spa-Franchorchamps and the mighty 1990's era FIA GT1 challengers from McLaren, Mercedes and Porsche - start 2021 with a bang!
Content isn't the only bit of good news for AMS 2 fans either, the new DLC's also come with a fine selection of changes, tweaks and improvements to the simulation, including a welcome option to tune FFB on a per-car basis and plenty of physics revisions for a number of the vehicles within the sim.
Some notes from the developers ahead of using the new build update for the first time:
IMPORTANT: Given the amount of substantive changes in this update, we strongly recommend all users to start a fresh profile by deleting their Documents/Automobilista 2 folder to avoid issues (this will be requested with far less regularity from this update onwards).
The Livery System Override is now fully implemented - to get your hands on the templates for all cars currently in the game and learn more about how you can go about replacing the original car liveries with your own please check this topic (will be updated with new templates as we add them).
Please note that we have another batch of single player championships & a complementary art update for Spa incoming tomorrow after it goes through some internal testing in the morning.
Automobilista 2 V126.96.36.199 Update Notes:
- Added GT1 Series (featuring Mercedes CLK LM, Porsche 911 GT1, Mclaren F1 GTR LT)
- Added Mclaren F1 LM to Street Cars series
- Added Spa Francorchamps 2020 *Part of Spa-Francorchamps DLC Pack
- Added Ibarra Reverse layout
UI & HUD
- Introduced track specific weather probability system for more realistic random weather
- Random weather condition is now preserved if session is reset
- Disabled "Real Weather" option (until system implementation is complete)
- Added option to customize FFB gain per car
- Adjusted netcode parameters for more reliable close racing and more accurate timing predictions
- Adjusted default cockpit camera settings
- Increased cockpit seat position storing from 20 to 100 vehicles.
- Added live edit messages for vertical and longitudinal cockpit seat position
- Added F-Ultimate & F-Reiza championship seasons
- Added new main menu panel arts & backgrounds
- Updated track loading screens & increased resolution to 4k
- Added loading bar gradient & fixed position on ultrawide resolutions
- Fixed monitor controls and back button positions on ultrawide resolutions
- Update Control Assignments screens to include per vehicle FFB gain increase / decrease
- VSync is now always enabled in Main Menu
- Added tag (AI)/* to AI players in multiplayer
- Added additional states to DRS HUD informing detection zone & availability
- Vehicle default sorting reverted to alphabetical order
- Corrected various vehicle naming inconsistencies
- Fixed Velopark incorrect track grades
- Revised tyre physics for street cars, F-Vintage (both gens), F-Retro, F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-V10 (both gens), F-Reiza, F-Ultimate, Copa Classic, Hot Cars, Lancer Cup, Puma P052, M1 Procar, Group A, Opala 1986
- Revised rain tyres for GT3, GT4, P1, P2, P3, P4, F-Retro, Procar, Group A, Opala 1986 Copa Classic, Hot Cars, Lancer cup, Puma P052
- Revised Ultima GTR, F-Retro, F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-Ultimate & F-Reiza aerodynamics
- Adjusted logic for pre-race tire & brake pre-warming & tire pressure conditions (slightly under peak conditions for more realism & avoid unnatural tire inflation)
- Reduced default number of clutches for several cars & further reduced rate of differential locking per clutch
- Further revised F-Retros, F-Ultimate & Ginetta G58 suspension rates
- Further adjusted exhaust parameters for all cars (results in more accurate visual & audible backfiring / spluttering)
- Reduced max height to account before front wing / splitter stall in several cars
- GT3 Series: Added 15kg to Mclaren 720S, subtracted 10kg from Mercedes AMG GT3, added 10 HP to Porsche GT3-R for improved BoP
- Further revisions of FFB max force to iron out potential peak force inconsistencies
- Small adjustments to center of gravity height in Opalas, F-Retros, F-Ultimate
- Reduced Ginetta G55 engine inertia
- Futher reduced differential preload baseline settings
- Disabled viscous differential in street cars
- Adjusted default roll bars, ride height & differential settings for F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-V10 Gen1 & 2
- Adjusted default Differential settings for F-Retro, Stock Car 2020
- Adjusted F-Ultimate ERS to not kick in until 75% of throttle is applied
- Added preliminary new logic to improve AI overtaking lapped cars
- Added new tolerance parameter for AI to not concede position to player until a given amount of the car length is alongside (prevents issue with AI cars appearing to be "scared" out of the way when approached from behind by player)
- Slightly raised AI CoG height multiplier & adjusted AI damper rates to avoid cars bouncing at hard compression
- AI callibration pass for all cars that received tyre physics and / or aero updates
- Reduced range of lateral movement away from ideal line & rate of movement when taking urgent action
- Created new AI paths for Nurburgring Nordschleife & 24h layouts (improved & more consistent performance)
- Updated Sprint Race sounds
- Adjusted tranny volume for GT3 cars to more balanced levels & more torque dependent; adjusted volume balancing; optimized number of samples used to minimise potential performance issues
- Removed wave length in artificial road noise (slightly reduces car / camera vertical movement oscillations)
- Temporarily removed animated Helicopters & planes until remaining functionality issues are addressed
- Revised road mesh & reduced noise (high frequency bumps) for Curitiba, Kansai & Taruma
- Updated Bathurst trackside camera
- Velopark: Minor performance & art pass; updated AI with improved performanceUpdated Nurburgring 24h layout trackside cameras to reduce shimmering / trembling & added VR cams
- Added BMW M6 GT3 dirt / damage effects + dangling damaged parts + new colliders + detached diffuser
- Gol Copa Classic: Fixed LOD errors at longer distance
- Mini Cooper UK: Fixed LODding issues with windows
- Lancer Cup (R/RS): Added Dirt/Damage + detached bumpers (LODA/B/C) + dirt texture for wings (RS) + modeled inner panels (LODA/B/C) + new collision + dangling damaged partsdriver animations + Detached Gear Shifter
- Fixed Mini cooper 1965 damage on lower LODs + Detached gear shifter (cpit) + detached bumpers on LOD C
- Lotus 23: Fixed LOD D missing, added damage models on lod B/C, detached dangling parts on LodC, closed panel gaps on LOD A and Cockpit, removed unecessary damage models for tyres
- MCR S2000: Added dirt/scratch textures
- Added missing tail light for Sprint Race, Stock Car Cruze 2019 & Ultima GTR
- Fixed LOD errors in cars with DRS wings which could make rear wings appear to flick open at certain distances
Original Source: Reiza Studios
AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.
Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!
View attachment 431996