AMS 2 | GT1 Cars And New Build Released

Fi22le

100RPM
Jan 23, 2020
I have been very critical of AMS2 and it's mushy, imprecise steering and FFB. However, I have spent today going through all my sims and properly setting up my steering following my upgrade to the CSW 2.5. This update landed last night and it's a real game changer. I cleared out all the controller profiles I had in my AMS folder and started from scratch using the settings recommended by Fanatec and the sim is absolutely transformed. (I found similar with raceroom, which is more of an indication that I am crap rather than AMS2 has improved...)

I love Reiza, not least because they did their own thing with AMS1 without following the hype and going for tracks everyone knows. I also love that they release content for Rfactor 2.

I have been very cynical about the PC2 origins of AMS2 but I have to say that any carry over from PC2 is not identifiable in this sim now. I had a great time lapping the GT1 Porsche around Imola and this sim really does have a rosy future. So much so, that I have just bought the Silverstone and Nurburgring packs for a sim I was convinced was utter crap a week ago! Well done Reiza.
Nice.

Reiza recommend that you delete the whole AMS2 folder btw.

Reactions: G-Slev

passenger

250RPM
Jul 6, 2019
Jesus, so much new stuff it will take days to test everything!

What we all hoped for - AMS 2 is becoming a fantastic Sim in terms of content, driveability, immersion and visuals.

Thanks, Reiza. Keep up the good work. And, happy new year once again!

tr1v1um

250RPM
May 19, 2013
Good update with some welcome additions. I am still not sure if there is something wrong with how the suspensions/tires work in this game. The F1 GTR is fun to drive and I admire their sensefull content additions with the fantastic GT1 cars and upcomming stuff like Group C, something that other devs could learn alot from.

But I can't help myself thinking that this excessive bouncing of the cars should be looked into. I've tested the GTR at Oulton Park and Brands Hatch so far and it's very difficult to keep the car steady as it starts to oscillate like cracy, especaily through fast turns. I will admit that the tracks aren't exactly the smoothest tracks, but the oscillation of the car under load looks very wierd. If you watch a replay of the car through Clarke Curve at Brands or Cascades you will notice it clearly.

Btw, I have the menu spring set to 0 for the game and my wheel still changes settings in the menu. Another thing that I would like to see fixed is the penatly system with AI. I got a penalty due to AI crashing into me during formation lap. Other than that it's a nice update with some welcome additions.

dave kirk

250RPM
Nov 8, 2016
Good update with some welcome additions. I am still not sure if there is something wrong with how the suspensions/tires work in this game. The F1 GTR is fun to drive and I admire their sensefull content additions with the fantastic GT1 cars and upcomming stuff like Group C, something that other devs could learn alot from.

But I can't help myself thinking that this excessive bouncing of the cars should be looked into. I've tested the GTR at Oulton Park and Brands Hatch so far and it's very difficult to keep the car steady as it starts to oscillate like cracy, especaily through fast turns. I will admit that the tracks aren't exactly the smoothest tracks, but the oscillation of the car under load looks very wierd. If you watch a replay of the car through Clarke Curve at Brands or Cascades you will notice it clearly.

Btw, I have the menu spring set to 0 for the game and my wheel still changes settings in the menu. Another thing that I would like to see fixed is the penatly system with AI. I got a penalty due to AI crashing into me during formation lap. Other than that it's a nice update with some welcome additions.
There is 100% something wrong with the games tyres or suspension, I took one of the modern formula cars out and anything low speed the car was bouncing left and right, going down the pits was ridiculous

Reactions: Synodontisman

Ulfhedinn

100RPM
Premium
Nov 26, 2019
Sore heads ? aren't we on Covid lockdown :alien: lol

Lots of content as usual. Love the video comparison !!! Damm PC3 sounds awful.....CURBS FROM HELL :roflmao:

Last edited:

MrBraindown

100RPM
Premium
May 1, 2019
Loving the new cars, I'm fresh from a 30 lap blast around Kyalami, really got a sweat on. The Porsche is a thing of beauty, responsive, loud and great to drive. The FFB feels really dialed in (maybe because I deleted my profile this time as per the update instructions) I managed to catch any potential spins really 'naturally' - if that's the right term. Graphically, I'm loving the cockpit detail of the Porsche, in VR it looks awesome and feels really authentic.

It's a shame that the McLaren is a lot slower than the other two, it would've been nice to have a proper 3 way brand battle.

I'll have to wait till tomorrow to try Spa now, quite pumped for that.

Also, as a keen skinner I've had a quick look at some of the templates for my favourite cars and they all look really simple and therefore quite straightforward to paint, which is sooooo cool.

Bravo Reiza, bravo.

Last edited:

M D Gourley

1000RPM
Premium
Sep 17, 2015
Reiza with another great update and keep chipping away at the big picture, just fantastic. The new GT1 cars look and feel great on my TSXW and although Spa is still a WIP at time of this post, it looks amazing. The McLaren F1 LM is a real challenge to drive fast:confused::geek:...awesome update all round:thumbsup::thumbsup:

0 AMS2 McLAREN F1 LM at NORDS crop copy.jpg
0a AMS2 SPA with GT1 copy.jpg
4 AMS2 SPA with GT1 crop copy.jpg
5 AMS2 SPA with GT1 crop copy.jpg
5a AMS2 SPA with GT1 copy.jpg
5c AMS2 SPA with GT1 copy.jpg

Last edited:

MarcG

1000RPM
Premium
Jun 17, 2011
Anyone got excessive 'bouncing' in the SuperV8? Feels like Driving on a bouncy castle, only driven a few laps so need longer to properly evaluate it but a bit worried, i don't remember it being like this.

Reactions: dave kirk

Damage Inc

1000RPM
Nov 22, 2013
I not getting it. Mercedes flipping joke? If so, that was actually the 1999 car. The year after the one we have in the game.
Not the same car either, the Porche GT1 car did flip in the US (Road Atlanta I think).

mesfigas

50RPM
Nov 1, 2015
i dont get it with the new FFB settings
i have set the FFB from options menu at 55 and i can change the FFB on the fly while driving (i maped 2 keys to inrease and decrease FFB ). so i have 2 different FFB ?
i dont get it