AMS 2 | GT1 Cars And New Build Released

Ryan Soucy

Premium
The more time I spend in AMS, the more I appreciate PC2. Fiddling with the FFB in AMS made me try some things in PC2 that improved that. Plus, the car liveries are a whole lot better, making for a much more immersive single player race. The AI seem more consistent over the course of a lap. The interior sound is better in race cars in my opinion. I'm not thrilled with being a beta tester for AMS when I should be enjoying a somewhat finished product. The inability to mod Madness to make up for the so far inadequate content (oh wait, where ELSE can I race the Brazilian Chevette...) makes me think the prospects for this sim are limited.

I have created excel-based career models for single-player racers (my first one was for AMS2), mainly to get players to experience good content that they may have missed. I've made 2 more for PC2. I was on the fence between RRRE or AMS2 for the latest iteration, but I think my mind is made up to finish my RRRE version, though I know most people don't have all the content.

Andrew_WOT

Premium
Every time I try PC2, I am reminded how horrible it looks, how horrible it sounds, how horrible the FFB and physics are compared to AMS2. I really cannot fathom anyone playing these two games and coming to the conclusion that it's basically the same game.
I can only agree on sound, other than that just minor nuances.

Last edited:
Every time I try PC2, I am reminded how horrible it looks, how horrible it sounds, how horrible the FFB and physics are compared to AMS2. I really cannot fathom anyone playing these two games and coming to the conclusion that it's basically the same game.
Well, if you try both with a gamepad with the same settings you will be surprised how close they are...
And it's pretty much the same graphic wise, only AMS2 have a different color grading.
I do agree that the sounds in PC2 are not the best..

Last edited:
Well, there are strange things in physics in AMS2 too. About the sound, I agree AMS2 is superior but stating that pcars2 sounds awful is an exageration.

Visually, although pcars2 has more aliasing, it is the best looking game out there, as the light of each track is as it should be in reality. Just try the uk tracks in pcars2 and ams2, with rain, it is obvious sms has made research to be close to reality.

Also, pcars2 offers more different conditions (snow!) and dirt content.
Pcars 2 has more interesting cars and categories (GTO being my favourite one, not available in AMS2), a huge historical content.

Pcars2 has its flaws (clutch always automatic, inconsistant AI, sensible collisions, no real weather anymore...), but some of its aspects are still unmatched today. Let's be fair...

Last edited: