AMS 2 FFB Discussion

I just tested all settings,
RAW, informative, imersive, more FFB, lower FFB, LowForceBoost 0 40 80...
What I found was the same FFB like in pCARS2, the same damage jolt effekts, when you driving on small bumps, the over powered force, when the car are oversteering, the les details about the rear axle.
It's for me, the biggest disappointment in the year.
You don't beleive me?
Please take a seat in the StockCar or the Falcon V8, starting in Spielberg with clear wather in both games.
The detailed, RAW, real and comprehensible FFB, you are only get in AMS1. The same like rFactor2, but much more heavyer.
In rF² you feel the gene of rF². It's not like AMS but near of it.

AMS2-Beta is for me pCARS2 and i am realy sad, because my hope was realy big. So many people say "Stop! It's pCARS2! You should not beleve that it can be better!" But i say, "No, that are not SMS, they are Reiza Studios,, they have good guys, the have got Nils and he knows what he do."

What shuld i say?
I am realy sad and hopeless because that pCARS2-feeling will be not gone after the final release. If that be possible, than only with deleting it and copy paste from AMS1.
But what i know now, when you want to say, "Shut up and take my money!" Think before it. It's funny but expensive some times.

Best wiches from Germany, Manuel

I just testet the Ultima, OldStock, AJR... All the same. No Reiza-Feeling.
Kart and Caterham too. Are the 310HP Caterham damage? More than 170km/h not possible an Spielberg.

Btw.:
I am using the SimuCUBE without any damping or filterring.
But, AMS1 feels grate, too with the G27.

Attachments

• 2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 477
Last edited:
I do apologise for engaging in a way that may be adding to the public theater, even if meant in good spirits.

I do find however this Beta release has created an opening for some very odd behavior, and letting it unfold unchecked is not really turning out to be a positive option.

Moderators are welcome to clean off my posts if and when they do come to clean this topic at all.

Last edited:
Just ignore the idiots - they don't want you to succeed and they probably represent other sim racing communities who don't want you to either - it's called fanboyism.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm a bit bored of the usual suspect EU centric tracks and buying into AMS2 as a European, is buying into a whole new racing adventure because the bottom line is AMS2 is more or less representing another continents racing heritage that can't be found in other race sims - it's unique and AMS2 and South American Racing should be celebrated as such for being different to our norm'.

With regards to it looking a bit like PC2 - so, so what - PC2 aint bad looking and AMS2 has improved upon it - it's also about the track enviroments and many of the tracks don't look like ANYTHING you get in PC2. People are obsessing over stupid stuff.

The ffb - well, when PC2 first came out it was bad and then it improved but yes never quite right, when ACC first came out it was bad then got better but still has significant VR issues, and Forza 7 is still cr*p at everything, that's how it goes these days so having a tantrum over it, and let's be honest - kicking a very small team of developers in the balls who no doubt have to juggle money issues is just classless. Yes, if this was from a cowboy developer with no history that's different but these guys/girls aren't that - they're just a small team on a tight budget no doubt, taking a huge step forward and in a racing community like this that should be taken into consideration. If you bought into the AMS2 brand please don't be so naive not to expect teething issues.

And this beta stuff, meh, games are always in a form of beta these days even when they're meant to be fully released, and AMS2 is NOT fully released so maybe just wait before whinging.

It will all come good in the end.

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm a bit bored of the usual suspect EU centric tracks and buying into AMS2 as a European, is buying into a whole new racing adventure because the bottom line is AMS2 is more or less representing another continents racing heritage that can't be found in other race sims - it's unique and AMS2 and South American Racing should be celebrated as such for being different to our norm'.

I agree. One of the things I am most excited about in AMS2 is the obscure stuff I have never had the chance to race before and the tracks as well. That is one thing I really like about RaceRoom is all of the obscure tracks that I have never even heard of. They are some of my favorite in any sim.

I agree. One of the things I am most excited about in AMS2 is the obscure stuff I have never had the chance to race before and the tracks as well. That is one thing I really like about RaceRoom is all of the obscure tracks that I have never even heard of. They are some of my favorite in any sim.
It's like going on holiday on the cheap :D - different vistas, different colours, different natural lighting, different fauna, just different styling - even the sunset looks different in the first AMS compared to all other sims. The tracks are good and the car variety is different and varied. It's all different to the European norm' but it's based on real stuff and I like that a lot.

(I guess paywalling access to betas with high prices doesn't really work as intended. Surprisingly enough, it seems as if there might not be an actual relation between someone's disposable income and the way they act...)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 46 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 18 34.0%