AMS 2 | Beta Launches Feb 28th - What Are You Looking Forward To?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
For Reiza backers, the much anticipated AMS2 Beta will go live this February 28th - what are you most looking forward to with the new game?

Now remember folks, only those are are early backers have access to the full list of cars and tracks confirmed so far for release - so please don't go and flood the comments section with "I'm looking forward to driving the xxx around xxx" - that kinda spoils the surprise for everyone else (and we are supposed to keep these things secrete anyway!).

However without going into content specifics, I'm sure we can all think of plenty of things to talk about to keep ourselves excited between now and the 28th!

So, who's excited for a first look at AMS 2???

Automobilista 2 will release as early beta on February 28th, with a full release scheduled for March 2020.

Excited about the game? Spread that enthusiasm at the Automobilista 2 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment!

AMS 2 Beta.jpg

Last edited:
I just can't take a joke right, unlike a jolly "life of the party" dweeb like you?

Hilarious!

[tbh I think closing all the schools is over-reaction and more about the Olympics and playing to public perception to be seen to be doing something. The -ve society impacts will be huge even without CV. To put it simply, it's no joke]
The guy made a joke. Don't get so twisted. You don't need to post news articles that anyone can read onine. This is not the place for your fear mongering. Please take it some place else like Twitter. You'll have fun there.

The guy made a joke. Don't get so twisted. You don't need to post news articles that anyone can read onine. This is not the place for your fear mongering. Please take it some place else like Twitter. You'll have fun there.

Fixed: The guy made a "joke". Humor is very context dependent, you might want to remember that next time you open your gob. It would have been more prudent for him to not even link the two in a lame attempt at "black humor".

>>This is not the place for your fear mongering.

1. It wasn't me that started it with some lame "joke" that you obviously found funny
2. You should scroll back and read my original response in which I quoted actual statistics and references in complete opposite to "fear mongering". We call it the Precautionary Principle in science/engineering, you can google that yourself.
3. Does the Japanese .gov closing schools nationwide for 6 weeks count as "fear mongering" or "(ir)rational response" to containing a pandemic?

Last edited:
Once again. Take it some place else. This is a racing forum. If the joke offended you then you should have just ignored it or blocked him. And yet you still continue by saying you're quoting stats. I don't care what you quote or your stats. You are in the wrong forum. Do you get it? Is that clear?

Once again, why don't you stfu about it? I already had until you had to start chest beating yourself over it.

Do you get it? Is that clear?

>> If the joke offended you then you should have just ignored it or blocked him.

And btw this "advice" is total bs. I'm fully within my rights to say "Hey, that wasn't funny because x,y, and z"

We're in a global forum, people should be a little more thoughtful about things before they post.
Your situation is not the same as someone else's on the other side of the planet.
Stick to the topic at hand (as if AM2 isn't contentious enough going by some comments on it)

Last edited:
You are correct, "Stick to the topic at hand." AMS 2.

Your feelings are not part of the topic. If you can't handle a simple tasteless joke then your issues are far beyond the realm of this forum. A therapy forum might better suit your needs. I firmly suggest you drop it and stick to the original topic. AMS 2.

Once again, why don't you stfu about it? I already had until you had to start chest beating yourself over it.

Do you get it? Is that clear?

>> If the joke offended you then you should have just ignored it or blocked him.

And btw this "advice" is total bs. I'm fully within my rights to say "Hey, that wasn't funny because x,y, and z"

We're in a global forum, people should be a little more thoughtful about things before they post.
Your situation is not the same as someone else's on the other side of the planet.
Stick to the topic at hand (as if AM2 isn't contentious enough going by some comments on it)

LOL this is a very bold stance! "I'm fully within my rights to make extremely abrasive posts about whatever topic I feel like, but you need to stfu and stick to AMS2, buddy!" :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I thought you were done? I see you continue to edit your posts to try and get your point across. Give it up and move along. Also name calling is not a wise choice in this forum. If you don't get it you will very soon.

I thought you were done? I see you continue to edit your posts to try and get your point across. Give it up and move along. Also name calling is not a wise choice in this forum. If you don't get it you will very soon.

Are you done? You can't seem to let it alone.

>>Also name calling is not a wise choice in this forum. If you don't get it you will very soon

I think implying someone has mental issues also counts as abuse, you should check your own status on that front first before accusing other people.

Last edited:
So what, the guy who started it gets off with a pass and it's all my fault for not just laughing it off and rolling over quitely while you have a quiet snigger?
O.K.A.Y.

>>make extremely abrasive posts

Is that the same as interpreting a "funny joke" as "not so funny"? Asking for a friend.

I can see why other posters here have labelled a bunch of you commenting on AMS2 (see I'm talking about AMS2 now) as "Knuckle Draggers".

ref:

Can't disagree with that, given the recent comments here.

Looking forward to trying out the AMS2 beta tomorrow, whatever the state it's in.

I made no reference in my post to whether the "joke" was funny or not, my "abrasive" comment was directed only at the tone of your posts. Genuinely, maybe come back in a day after you have some distance and re-read your posts to see if you still feel you have been responding reasonably.

That you indirectly call me a "knuckle dragger" and act like I, and others in this thread, are the reason RD is not pleasant to read while aggressively attacking nearly every person that responds to you is a little funny, yes. I'm choosing to laugh at it rather than be upset I guess.

Regardless, I think I will take that other poster's advice and make you the first person I have ever ignored on this forum. You are single-handedly making this thread unpleasant to read and I am very interested in it otherwise. I will quit contributing to the mess myself so I don't become part of the problem.

No one cares about your feelings. Get over yourself. I am done. Putting you on ignore and the mods will take care of your posts. I tried to make you understand about this forum but you continue to rant about your feelings and then you also turn it political. Not a good look dude.

I too am confused. Why isn't a mod stepping in to quell the bickering?
Me too. Logged back into RD for the first time in a while to see what the chat about AMS2 was. Seems RD is still full of some of the worst people in the sim racing community. There are some great people here and some great info but it's a real chore to have to constantly battle through the arrogant BS.

I've just come back to this thread after missing a day or so. So I've just done what one of you guys should have done around 24+ hours ago - I hit the report button. :rolleyes:

This is a thread about the AMS2 beta release. Please stay on topic. If you want to discuss something else, please find an appropriate forum, or do it via PM.

Thanks.

There are plenty of racing sims that utilise 3D trees (or hybrids) for environment art over billboards.
It's not like they even have to create them anyway, there are many tools/asset libraries to use off the shelf (speedtree etc).

A simulation/game is a holistic experience, and It only takes one off element to break the illusion to make it a lesser experience than what it should be given the art style it's made in. Lighting, art assets, texturing, audio, music, feedback, performance, UI, UX++...the list goes on.

It's not easy to do, and yes, trade=offs have to be made to meet the schedule. That's just the nature of project management.

As long as as I can recognise the trees as being trees, I could care less about the nerdy details of lighting.

Good for you. Have a cookie.

On reflection, I could have made my post without including the "I could care less about the nerdy details of lighting**" jab. My apologies. :(

The point I was trying to get across is that -- from my perspective -- what you propose is perhaps a later "polish" item, which is better addressed once the title is further developed and the basics are sorted and the performance budget is well understood.

It is clear from your perspective that you have a keen interest in and eye for graphical details? If that's the case, I'm sure Renato & Co. would love to hear your observations over at the Reiza 51 forums?

Cheers :thumbsup:

**: I have an eye condition that makes it difficult for me to appreciate the finer details of lighting and graphical details, which is definitely colouring my value judgement. I thought you might like to know that it has nothing to do with you. In thruth, it just frustrates the hell out of me and in this case I failed to properly contain it and took it out on you. That was just plain unfair of me.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 412 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 259 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 281 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.4%
Back