AMD Ryzen For Simracing?

:laugh:
https://www.centrecom.com.au/amd-conversion-day

I would not let any of those overworked underpaid technicians build mine
Seriously wouldn't let anyone else put my PC together. I've been building my own from scratch since I upgraded my first Dell when i was about 22. Not had a single problem with one yet. In stark contrast to some of my friends who bought pre built machines having issues further down the line. Some even had issues from the first week due overheating or peripherals not working properly out of the box...

Torn between getting the 3600X and waiting for refresh next year, currently on 4690K so either way I get at least 30% more single core performance according to userbenchmark for sims...

A few reviews out there now. Mainly 3900X and 3700X, though I think Gamers Nexus has a R5 3600 in testing. Will be good to see how they sit in the scale of things.

A few reviews out there now. Mainly 3900X and 3700X, though I think Gamers Nexus has a R5 3600 in testing. Will be good to see how they sit in the scale of things.
HardOCP has full 3600x reviews as well.
Good performance per dollar per core.
Will sell my 2600x or build a sweet machine for my wife.
My 2600x would self boost to 4300+ on all cores...so I really got lucky on that one.

Last edited:
Welp, looks like Zen 2 runs circles then craps all over Intel's offerings, especially when price corrected, but crucially single core performance is equal! Time to pick up the 3700X to shred through ACC!

I am quite impressed by the performance tbh.

Less impressed about the price comparison, at least in my country. My 2600 is around 145 euro, been for a while. Meanwhile, 3600 is at 210 euro currently. Would be nice to get the single threaded boost, but I don't think I will invest in 3600 at this price.

The reviews seem to indicate that, clock-for-clock the 3900x has actually got the best single core IPC but the 9900k is still the best gaming CPU overall (just!) because of it's higher turbo clock speed (5GHz).

As I thought, slightly slower slighty dearer
Here 3900X is $50 dearer then 9900KF and that is without Intel 10-15% price drop
I may wait for 9900KS

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master here is $629 :confused: and it only has 2 x M2 !
they said price would be inline with Z390 .....not $200 dearer !

Z390 version Master here is 439 and it has 3 x M2

edit:

P.S. I don't care anything about productivity

9900KF + Master = $1,178AU
3900X + Master = $1.418AU

Like a bad dream

Last edited:
As I thought, slightly slower slighty dearer
Here 3900X is $50 dearer then 9900KF and that is without Intel 10-15% price drop
I may wait for 9900KS

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master here is $629 :confused: and it only has 2 x M2 !
they said price would be inline with Z390 .....not $200 dearer !

Z390 version Master here is 439 and it has 3 x M2

P.S. I don't care anything about productivity

9900KF + Master = $1,178
3900X + Master = $1.418

Like a bad dream
Country specific sadly, price for that motherboard here is around £300 I believe

3D GURU ..............what a cop out, all the excuses under the sun

Previous Ryzen reviews have taught me that it is extremely hard to convince a big part of the guru3d community and reader base that Ryzen 1000/2000 was plenty fast for gaming, at least mainstream gaming. For the new Zen2 Matisse based processors that will be less difficult. Combined with the respective platform, ZEN2 offers far more oomph compared to the previous two generation Ryzen processors. There are mostly wins for Intel, there will be wins for AMD based on competing and price level matched processors. It's a much closer call to make, and that by itself is a win for AMD all thanks to the increased IPC and clock frequencies.

We do feel that the gaming performance charts were a bit out of perspective, so I created another 1920x1080 chart showing all games we tested against the Core i9 9900K. This is the reality with the fastest consumer GPU available on the planet:

Who cares about 1080p when you spending $700+AU on a CPU be realistic at least

Their conclusion totally ignores the 1 question they and everyone else wanted the answer to for months ! Are they fastest for gaming are they faster one core

NO and they are dearer while doing it ,....did someone slip me a mickey or has AMD just become worst monster then Intel

Now they will collude with Intel to keep prices artificially high

I'm a peanut to think it would be a price war

Last edited:
So they're being sold now...
Question is do I go for 3600 or 3600x...
Will be pairing it with an X470 Gaming 5 or Ultra I think
The 'X' has a 95 watt TDP
The 'non X' has a 65 watt TDP.
The X has a 200 MHz higher base clock.
Other than that, they're identical.
I got the X but all I'll do is put my H212+ modified on it...set the DDR4 to 1.35 volts...and let it do it's thing.
I figure the 2600X was already very fast and smooth.
Anything I get now, is cake.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea