AMD Ryzen For Simracing?

This picture sums up the relationship between sims and CPU's perfectly:

paMNf3z.jpg

Have to say bios aside very happy with team red build :)

TOWER and PSU - $99 off..awesome build quality and features, makes my Corsair 750D look tinny
https://www.pccasegear.com/bundle/342/phanteks-enthoo-evolv-x-black-1000w-builders-bundle

MSI B450 Gaming Carbon Pro AC is probably best value mobo I have brought
Compared to the dongle I have the on board BT5 makes Sennheiser HD 4.40BT
sound magic and much more range to get BT5 , Intel boards with BT5 cost considerable more

Lucky I have 2 X M2 and only 3 Sata SSD so losing 2 of the 6 sata points does not matter either

2 x 8GB G.Skill 3200 CL16 single rank $139AU !@! cheap as dirt I don't want to overclock or tweak memory. Good ram is 100% + dearer and RGB alone adds $40-$50AU here

Krakken X62 paid a premium but all round better then any Corsair AIO I had
The fans at just 500rpm you can feel air from top vents :cool:

Last edited:
Have to say bios aside very happy with team red build :)

TOWER and PSU - $99 off..awesome build quality and features, makes my Corsair 750D look tinny
https://www.pccasegear.com/bundle/342/phanteks-enthoo-evolv-x-black-1000w-builders-bundle

MSI B450 Gaming Carbon Pro AC is probably best value mobo I have brought
Compared to the dongle I have the on board BT5 makes Sennheiser HD 4.40BT
sound magic and much more range to get BT5 , Intel boards with BT5 cost considerable more

Lucky I have 2 X M2 and only 3 Sata SSD so losing 2 of the 6 sata points does not matter either

2 x 8GB G.Skill 3200 CL16 single rank $139AU !@! cheap as dirt I don't want to overclock or tweak memory. Good ram is 100% + dearer and RGB alone adds $40-$50AU here

Krakken X62 paid a premium but all round better then any Corsair AIO I had
The fans at just 500rpm you can feel air from top vents :cool:
Glad to hear it all went well!
I've just chased the seller for my board as it was supposed to be delivered days ago...
So annoying as I have the CPU, RAM and new M.2 drive sitting here just waiting for the board to play with...
I wanna take it all for a spin damn it! :mad:

I said I was happy except bios bug ;)
High voltage / temps idling , basically can't use it till new bios and I have 280mm AIO
Enabling WiFi causing blue screen in W10 setup
AMD Ryzen Master won't install or run when wrong version of Visual C++ 2015 is already installed.
NzXT cam software is frozen at the same readings / temp
Other monitoring software giving varying readings
I can;t even run CPU-Z bench hits 95c in seconds

Oh it's a bios bug...
Is it something to do with running the chip on a B450 board?
Or is it chipset drivers required from AMD?
Sorry for my ignorance but I've not heard any issues like this. Although I'm sure I'll have problems now as not used to AMD stuff

All goes over the top of my head lol something like idle too much voltage and load not enough
All I know is people have said knock back voltage or set offset and wait for new bios

Idle temp does get down to 35C sometimes then shoots up to 60c but 35c matches best anywhere I seen so cooler must be working okay ............I think lol :coffee:...

Which power plan are you using in Windows? If you're using the standard Windows balanced one, try using the updated Ryzen balanced from AMD, that one is recommended now for Zen 2. But if you're already using it, try the Windows one, some reported success using that one instead, apparently.

All goes over the top of my head lol something like idle too much voltage and load not enough
All I know is people have said knock back voltage or set offset and wait for new bios

Idle temp does get down to 35C sometimes then shoots up to 60c but 35c matches best anywhere I seen so cooler must be working okay ............I think lol :coffee:...
Okay, really stupid question. But are you sure your heat paste is even and not too thick...or something of that ilk?

But are you sure your heat paste is even and not too thick
In case you are serious and not just joking - that makes very little difference. People make thermal paste application into such a big thing, but in reality, there's very little that can go wrong. The only real issue is if you use too little of it or if you somehow manage to mount the cooler slanted or something like that. But spread pattern doesn't really matter, the paste spreads more or less the same as soon as you tighten the cooler, and if you apply too much of the paste, it will simply get pushed out (which is only really a concern if you are using thermal paste that is conductive).

It might matter a bit if you're going for extreme overclocking, but for general use...not really.

Thanks but ....as Martin people repasting everywhere which yeah will do nothing

Kraken cooler has very good TIM pre-applied
Never had bad temps with AIO till now

On AMD site techs are just ignoring the questions and throw some BS up about W10 1903 and power management settings being the fault

Seriously if problems were that bad with any Intel chip they would be exchanging it
look at wear people are putting using them at 90C

and all this "early adopter of hardware you have problems" fanboys are putting out there is utter BS

People should have been forewarned so they could have made their own choices, I would have got a 9900K no question

Last edited by a moderator:
Which power plan are you using in Windows? If you're using the standard Windows balanced one, try using the updated Ryzen balanced from AMD, that one is recommended now for Zen 2. But if you're already using it, try the Windows one, some reported success using that one instead, apparently.

I tried every W10 and AMD plan made no difference temps sky rocket
lowering voltages does nothing, basically all I can do is watch wallpaper lol ;)

Worse is I promised my 8700 to someone by last weekend

Tried running the Kraken fans and pump at 100% ..... it did not drop a single C

How people are surviving on the stock coolers, they playing games at 90C

Last edited:
Turned Boost off nice 32C idle ran single thread cpuz bench and it hit 108C

Oh yeah that is with pump and fans @ 100% lmao

Only now you see people say oh yeah because CPU is off center AIOs don't work properly
and how extreme temps are totally fine .more excuses :)

Why haven't AIO makers been able to fix software by now ( see 50C and 0 % load in CAM )
Haven't they had samples ?

Suddenly you can only run a single monitoring tool at a time ?
....and 70C+ temps are fine ?

Untitled-1.jpg

Turned pump and fans back to default ...it sounded like a mack truck lol

Last edited:
Turned Boost off nice 32C idle ran single thread cpuz bench and it hit 108C

Oh yeah that is with pump and fans @ 100% lmao

Only now you see people say oh yeah because CPU is off center AIOs don't work properly
and how extreme temps are totally fine .more excuses :)

Why haven't AIO makers been able to fix software by now ( see 50C and 0 % load in CAM )
Haven't they had samples ?

Suddenly you can only run a single monitoring tool at a time ?
....and 70C+ temps are fine ?

Untitled-1.jpg

Turned pump and fans back to default ...it sounded like a mack truck lol

Not sure if it is contributing to your temperature but I do notice you have CoreTemp as monitor.
Some of the more common monitoring software we've used in the past, is causing the new generation of Ryzen to clock upward like a mini benchmark.
The only monitor I'm using with the enclosed test is CPU-z to do stress and Ryzen Master to view voltages, temps, etc...
Try those and see if the reading get better.
It could still be a defective chip but at least you'll be able to rule out the software as the culprit.
Oh...and leave the voltages at auto as per the video in the link posted earlier.
I too was concerned and had mine capped after seeing 1.40 to 1.49 volt excursions.
You'll notice in the video that it happens only at idle and on a single core.
Once the test starts and all cores go active, the voltages go down to the normal range.

About the Ryzen temperatures:
I built my first ever AMD config with a 3700X last week and initially, I was also worried about the temps, it's mid-summer here and ambient temps are pretty high atm (above 30°C), and with the stock Wraith Prism cooler, idle temps were around 50-60°C (with PBO and autoOC on) and they easily went above 80, in some cases over 90 degrees during longer stress tests or gaming.
I ended up buying a more decent air cooler (Dark Rock 4 - that's one of the biggest coolers I can still fit in my case) and it definitely helps a little bit, because idle temps are now between 40-55 degrees, but they still rise significantly under heavy load (at least the new cooler is completely silent, the Wraith Prism sounds like a spaceship preparing for take off).
But after reading through various forums, it looks like this is intended/normal behavior, at least I see many people reporting the same thing. Intel 9000 series owners tell me that those CPU's can be even hotter, so maybe I'm just not used to seeing these high values.:D

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies