Amazing: Ilja's lights shader mod now has your car reflections in mirrors

Apologies for the badly-worded thread title. I'm a little excited!
This is simply incredible in VR. Immersion goes off the scale.

Download the review51 version of Ilja's light patch
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0168374293/lights-patch-v0.1.23-preview51.zip
(drag the zip file into CM)

In:
steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extension/config/smart_mirror.ini
paste the following and save:
[REAL_MIRRORS]
ENABLED=1
SHOW_CAR=1

And you now will have the inside of the car and the rear window showing in your rear-view mirror, and the sides of the car showing in your wing mirrors. And if you are playing as God intended (VR) then.... the view in the mirrors will move when you move your head.
You know when, in real car, you lean forward to check your blind spots in your wing mirrors? Yep. That's now possible. BUT YOU CAN NOW SEE YOUR CAR IN THE REFLECTION TOO.
Amazing in tip-tops, amazing in open-tops.

The app for the in-game adjustments (including individual mirror adjustment L/R/U/D and FoV) is here:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/453595062299918337/481608826269859870/AccExtMirrors.7z
(don't forget to tick it in Assetto Corsa -- Apps in CM settings)

Ilja is a bloody WARLOCK. He's starting to scare me now.

Last edited:
I'll have to try this and see the impact on CPU performance. Pcars2 also does this and it looks great.

thanks!
Does pCARS 2 reflect your own car in the mirrors, so the rear window/back seats are in the rear-view mirror and the sides of the car are visible in the wing mirrors? I must say I never noticed that in my pre-refund time with the game. It was a long time ago though.

I thought this was pretty much a first for sim racing mirrors?

I tried it yesterday, very cool! The rearview mirrors finally behave as real rearview mirrors. The config file is a bit garbled (all in one line? I cleaned it up before adding the new lines).
A lot of config files are like that and yeah, it's annoying. How hard would it be to hit 'return' once in a while when writing them?

The app for the in-game adjustments (including individual mirror adjustment L/R/U/D and FoV) is here:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/453595062299918337/481608826269859870/AccExtMirrors.7z
(don't forget to tick it in Assetto Corsa -- Apps in CM settings)
Thanks for the direct link to the app! Where can I find it on Ilja's discord, in case there is an update some day?

A lot of config files are like that and yeah, it's annoying. How hard would it be to hit 'return' once in a while when writing them?
I don't know if something changed in preview54 regarding the config files, but I found if you open them in Notepad++ they look very nice:
sTVwAov.png

Very, very, very cool. And the fact that all mirrors can be adjusted to suit and saved for each car is brilliant.

Certainly adds to the immersion and no noticeable hit in VR either from what I can tell so far. :)

Huge credit to the developer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just a quick question - does it work online?

Very, very, very cool. And the fact that all mirrors can be adjusted to suit and saved for each car is brilliant.

Certainly adds to the immersion and no noticeable hit in VR either from what I can tell so far. :)

Huge credit to the developer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just a quick question - does it work online?

How do you save the mirror adjustments? I can't find any save feature, views reset each time I go back on track.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 33.3%