Aluminium extrusion profile assistance

Hey Guys,
Scratching my head here,

I designed a rig and had it powder coated in which I have yet to build it its still boxed I took out just 1 piece to check it last week,

1593291112657.png

Here on the back for the screens I had this idea in which yes I have not seen before for mounting screens this method,
but for me looked to be a great idea for mounting them + be adjustable,

I want to use these on the corners I imagined 2 be ok for 24-27 inch but with them been 32 ultra wide I thought 2 each side would do the trick,
PIVOT-JOINT-WITH-LOCKING-LEVER-TSLOT.jpg

The idea is to use 4 of these 2 each side,
like so,
1593291293147.png

Problem why I made the thread I am not sure if to tap the holes for the mounts using a taper or thread forming I was reading, anyways I bought a taper set but in my mind I imagined be a M10 max,
looking at the set the M12 seems to be the main one that would tap the threads as of yet I have not ordered all the small brackets and corner pieces the nuts and bolts,

does this want taping with a taper set or would some thread forming bolts make the threads of the Aluminium,
would just rather ask than destroy the parts by learning when you guys have a lot of experience with this stuff,
1.jpg

2.jpg

Just looking at the pattern in the center how the parts are only on the walls for the threading leaves me not much confidence would need to be clamped.

Regards Scott

I still think you're making it way more heavy, expensive and complicated than it needs to be :)

Once you get this stuff in your hands you'll realise you've specified it to surviving a nuclear explosion - probably several times over.

This stuff is also more annoying to put together the more you use of it (aligning, tightening stuff up etc)
Thx,
Yeah I build a test mule rig to get measurements and parts how I want them using it currently its all silver just raw aluminum,

this new rig needs to survive nuclear attack yes I dont want 1mm of flex anywhere all the large parts are 40x160mm industry grade machine aluminium profile :)

Upvote 0
So anyways like I was saying after the feedback I made some changes,
as my rig sits currently it uses 96 corner brackets with the black cover caps,
I have 110 with caps at the side of me,
I also have 8x of the black angle brackets shown here at the rear + 100,s of the black forged alen bolts and all the T nuts and such,
View attachment 405965
If you look under the center parts I have some more extrusion going lower I design these are for these each side 2x Behringer X touch minis so 4 in total
View attachment 405966
I also was lucky a friend ordered me some parts from Simlabs he recieved them to post me so currently waiting for these then I will send everything off for powder coating and the last few parts,
Simlabs includes, Sim Floor, 2x buttkicker LFE brackets, keyboard tray, mouse tray and such + i designed loads of parts in CAD I am sending to the 3D printers have a lovely stash of custom stuff all CAD,
View attachment 405967
View attachment 405968
4x Behringer X touch minies
View attachment 405969
View attachment 405971View attachment 405970
its quite the animal the rig currently but once finished everything will be 100% matching colour and powder coated all with end caps I have everything currently purchased and on its way just the painting left and a couple more extrusion bars :)

Scott, I have an x touch mini for lightroom. How on earth do you use it as a button box?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea