Alright when was that again.....?

I am of a different opinion to many. McLaren was his only move. When Ricciardo was at Red Bull he was out-qualified by Verstappen, who was given carte blanche to crash into him to win. If he went to Ferrari the same thing would have happened with Leclerc. McLaren have traditionally been fairer in their 1 and 2 drivers throughout F1 history. Norris is likely to out-qualify him but unlikely to try to win a race by crashing into his team mate in the first few corners. You could argue the same for Leclerc, however, McLaren are a fairer team in race orders than Ferrari. I also have a feeling none of the top 3 teams want to upset the apple cart with their main drivers and just need a more consistent and nice points winner than Ricciardo as a second driver.

I don't know if it is a good move for McLaren as Sainz was more consistent, however it is great for a neutral F1 fan.

I have respect for Bottas after not liking him at first. It is a bit like Raikkonen in terms of quiet, does his job, northern European. There used to be a time when that was respected more than being loud mouthed and disrespectful.

Hello all.

I have been a long time supporter of this site through the use of downloads. Mostly Automobilista, Stock Car Extreme and Race07. But now I've decided maybe it is time to introduce myself and start a topic.

The topic in question, is that of a little known genre within entertainment media, but one I'm sure we all wish there was more of - Motorsport Fiction!
Especially with the COVID-19 pandemic impacting on our enjoyment of watching this great sport live around the world.

When I think of Motorsport Fiction. Only a few things come to mind, and they are all movies. Grand Prix (1966), Days of Thunder, and Le Mans come to mind. All great films. But never have I been able to find a fictional novel covering the sport I love so much. Either that, or I haven't looked hard enough.

Therefore, I present to you - Race. A new fictional motorsport novel detailing the rise and fall of a promising young superstar, who has his career cut short by a terrible accident. Only to be spurred on to once again attempt to rise to the top of his field.

Feel free to have a look here

Thank you, and in the meantime, I look forward to getting to know some of you :)

Regards,

RubyDragon949

Last edited:
Regardless of where the sport took place, he is a professional sportsman. And that garners a sportsman's punishment. He knowingly and willfully cheated. He made the team look bad. There was no way they were not sending him out of the paddock.

I believe that the racer who stood in from him should be banned from all sanctioned e-Sports events as well and should receive a fine as well.

Regardless of where the sport took place, he is a professional sportsman. And that garners a sportsman's punishment. He knowingly and willfully cheated. He made the team look bad. There was no way they were not sending him out of the paddock.

I believe that the racer who stood in from him should be banned from all sanctioned e-Sports events as well and should receive a fine as well.
Or maybe they should just be burned on a pyle in front of the simracing community for destroying simracing.

Silverstone will go ahead. The teams can fly to northern ireland. Step one foot on the turf and then will be let into UK with no quarantine. Also the big blonde retard Boris is now on their side trying to get them exemption.

Theres a reason Toto hasnt spoken to Valteri......also the same reason Lewis hasnt signed a new contract yet. Look at the bigger picture......Aston Martin. Toto bought shares in Aston. The AMG boss is now the head of Aston Martin.Bigger picture seems to be that Mr Stroll and Mr Wolff are getting the right people in place ready for Mercedes to pull out of F1 as a manufacturer. Aston Martin will run mercedes engines with Lewis Hamilton driving and Toto Wolff as Team Principle.

I have respect for Bottas after not liking him at first. It is a bit like Raikkonen in terms of quiet, does his job, northern European. There used to be a time when that was respected more than being loud mouthed and disrespectful.
Contrversey sells in this world. Listen to the news, verry little posative will be said. And in my opinioun its a pack of lies filterd through the goverment.

Theres a reason Toto hasnt spoken to Valteri......also the same reason Lewis hasnt signed a new contract yet. Look at the bigger picture......Aston Martin. Toto bought shares in Aston. The AMG boss is now the head of Aston Martin.Bigger picture seems to be that Mr Stroll and Mr Wolff are getting the right people in place ready for Mercedes to pull out of F1 as a manufacturer. Aston Martin will run mercedes engines with Lewis Hamilton driving and Toto Wolff as Team Principle.
Toto: Hello Valeteri hows things. Vaeleteri: OK, Cars good. Make space in trophy casbet. Toto:Bye Valeteri.

In a shock announcement, it has been confirmed that Audi Sport Abt Schaeffler Formula E driver Daniel Abt has been caught cheating during the recent Formula E Race at Home esport round.

Having been a mainstay in the real world Formula E series for several years now, as well as coming from a celebrated motorsport family, Daniel Abt has received a 10,000 euro fine and disqualification from the most recent Formula E Race at Home Challenge esport event due to a rather controversial and somewhat pointless attempt at cheating his way into the top positions of the series - by engaging a 'ringer' to take his place in the latest round of the series.

The series is designed to allow the real world Formula E drivers to continue racing in aid of the UNICEF charity while Covid-19 continues to place real motorsport on hold throughout the world. Using the Formula E content within rFactor 2, the series has so far served up some interesting racing as the entirety of the Formula E grid have adapted with surprising success to the virtual world.

Of course, the series is designed for the real drivers to take part in their virtual machines, and following disappointing results in the championship to-date, Daniel Abt decided it would be smart to have a sim racing professional (Lorenz Hoerzing) pretend to be the German driver in the latest round of the championship.

Having been called out during the race by his rival drivers, then subsequently following his "race finish" allegedly suffering from connection issues that preventing him taking the post race interview process, it has been confirmed that the German was indeed using a 'ringer' to replace him on the circuit - resulting in a 10,000 fine and disqualification from the series to date.
“I did not take it as seriously as I should have,” said Abt in a statement following the announcement of his transgressions.​

“I am especially sorry about this because I know how much work has gone into this project on the part of the Formula E organisation. I am aware that my offence has a bitter aftertaste but it was never meant with any bad intention.”

The driver who took his place in the main event, Lorenz Hoerzing, has been disqualified from all future rounds of the supporting esport professional series, with sporting misconduct cited as his offence.

What do you think of this announcement? Why do you think a professional would cheat in this way with nothing to gain for any "success"? Did Abt get away lightly with a 10,000 fine in your opinion? Let us know in the comments section below!

View attachment 375902
This only proves again that "e-sports" are not real sport. Take videogames so seriously is waste of time.

I have to say I used to scoff at the idea of Formula-E for about 3 years now I believe. Well, that has since changed. I recently bought the GEN 2 car and I have to say I am head-over-heels in love. I can't pin down what it is about these cars. Maybe because they make me think I'm flying an X-Wing Fighter? I went and downloaded all of the tracks that are available on the Workshop.

I've been using the 200Kw setting mostly. I tried the 225Kw and OMG what a difference. I'm afraid to go higher =o). So far I like Rome the best. I like that big downhill S-Turn. Watch out though the end comes real fast. I think I'm going to start watching the Race at Home series until the real thing comes back. The other cool thing is GEOX is an American team, so I have someone to root for.

The best part is I can race at night everyone is sleeping an no one is the wiser.

Esports itself is not serious enough to warrant such a punishment to a real world race driver. However it is the breach of trust and code of conduct as an employer that clearly forces VAG to take serious steps, especially in the aftermath of Dieselgate.

Getting caught leads to reputation damage on all levels, the charity, (e)sports* and his employer.

*If it were online gaming alone I would not push for any punishment except ridicule (and banning), but unfortunately it is not gaming in a vacuum, but a professional driver and a business trying hard to become recognized as a new type of sport - at least commercially - eSports.

I don’t think this event should end his career, but he brought this upon himself and he has no one else to blame - he risked all for practically nothing to gain.

He should have taken it with a grain of salt like many of his wiser colleagues, taken a loss with a smile and point out the difference between a game and reality - and taken that to the real race track once normalcy returns and win real races.

Audi was right, I think it is wrong, but he does deserve it...
Inconsistent, I know.

Last edited:
The legendary Williams Formula One team are in hard times this morning, as they terminate title sponsorship with ROKiT phones and announce could well be up for sale.

Having endured incredibly lean times in recent seasons, all the indications pointed to a gradual upward trajectory for the former World Champions in 2020, with new technical leadership, robust sponsorship packages and a star driver in the form of George Russell heading into the opening races of the 2020 season.

However, Corona had other ideas and placed the racing world on immediate hiatus, leaving many racing organisations throughout the world in a perilous financial position - with more than a few outfits from various series having to access their situation carefully over the last few weeks.

Sadly for Williams, it appears that these bizarre times have been hard on the second most successful team on the grid, with news today that the squad have parted ways with title sponsor ROKiT with immediate effect.

The loss of revenue for a team who lost a rumoured £13 million last season is a harsh blow, and despite assurances that the outfit are "fully funded" for the year ahead, Williams are now formally courting potential investors or buyers for the nine times Constructors World Champions.

Via a statement released yesterday, Deputy Team Principle Claire Williams had the following to say about the future of the outfit:

“As part of this new strategic direction, the WGPH [Williams Grand Prix Holdings] board is undertaking a review of all the various strategic options available to the Company,” said Williams in a statement.

“Options being considered include, but are not limited to, raising new capital for the business, a divestment of a minority stake in WGPH, or a divestment of a majority stake in WGPH including a potential sale of the whole Company.

“Whilst no decisions have been made regarding the optimal outcome yet, to facilitate discussions with interested parties, the Company announces the commencement of a ‘formal sale process’.”

They added: “The Company is not in receipt of any approaches at the time of this announcement and confirms that it is in preliminary discussions with a small number of parties regarding a potential investment in the Company.

“There can be no certainty that an offer will be made, nor as to the terms on which any offer will be made. The WGPH board reserves the right to alter or terminate the process at any time and if it does so it will make an announcement as appropriate. The WGPH board also reserves the right to reject any approach or terminate discussions with any interested party at any time.

“While the Company has faced a number of challenges, Williams currently remains funded and ready to resume racing when the calendar allows in 2020. The WGPH board believes that the strategic review and formal sale process is the right and prudent thing to do in order to take time to consider a full range of options and put the Formula 1 team in the best possible position for the future.”

A huge blow for the British team, the Williams troubles come at a time when rumours continue to circulate that the Renault squad are about to announce their exit from the sport as a constructor, retaining a presence as engine manufacturer to customer teams, and the potential that reigning World Champions Mercedes are actively considering selling the team to interested parties.

Difficult times for Grand Prix racing ahead.

Original Source: F1.com

For more from the world of Grand Prix Racing, head over to the Formula One sub forum and get yourself involved with the community today!

Williams F1 1.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back