Alright when was that again.....?

I saw a podcast with craig Scarbough who realy knows his stuff. He said Charles had a knock into the wall before the crash and nocked a small pin in the diferential. This caused grease inside to leak out into the gear box. This is a small thing the team would not notice as the grease would be inside. And the difeerential is probably set up with grease in the factory. making it not a part of the routine tear down procedure. So i understand how this problem went un identified by the team. Cracking open a gearbox must be a long and timely procedure. Yes there is a jocker card that alows team's to sit up all night but we are still early into the season. The only question is if Leclerc started 3rd with a time penalty would he be able to get close enough to pass Max. I remember a David Coulthard in a Maclaren Mercedes held up by Enricie Bernoldi in a Arrows Cosworth here.

Last edited:
Yeah, verstappen was gifted the win by being 2nd on the grid. All he had to do was not crash into the wall and the race was his.
David you are a nice man but why? why do you worry about max. he probably would have taken that pole anyway so it wasn't that kind of gift. Leclerc made a rookie mistake Max had once made as qualifying is just as important. with so much talent and especially in monaco, a mistake is expensive

David you are a nice man but why? why do you worry about max. he probably would have taken that pole anyway so it wasn't that kind of gift. Leclerc made a rookie mistake Max had once made as qualifying is just as important. with so much talent and especially in monaco, a mistake is expensive
Are you sure he is a nice guy?, or he has a Max obsession, when he reads the word Max he allways in the negative mode:thumbsdown:

Ferry, I do not 'worry about max' - this is a Formula 1 discussion, and I was simply discussing Formula 1.

Monaco is a notoriously difficult place to overtake on the road; I have seen many races where a faster car behind has been unable to get past a slower car to take the win. In my comment, I was only saying that being given pole position by Charles, Max was put in a very strong position; stronger than any other circuit.

Yes, he may have earned pole in his own right rather than inheriting it, but equally, he may have clipped a barrier on that last lap and destroyed his car (which he has done in the past, several times). We will never know, but that is the joy of discussion :)

I would consider us friends now, after our recent conversations, and you yourself said that we will probably never agree over verstappen - you are correct! I try to watch F1 pragmatically; criticise drivers when they make mistakes, praise them when they over-achieve, but unlike @Appie Kuipers , I will not simply heap praise on a certain driver because of the flag that he drives under.

Here's to many more civil discussions about Formula 1 !

1622190591243.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back