Alright when was that again.....?

Screenshot from 2021-05-05 17-10-07.png

I saw this on Facebook. Roman Grosjean looking around Mercedes looking for a test deal or even a drive. The team will drop Bottas and put Rusell in the car. Hes done his time fighting a Williams and deserves the drive. Just watch Abu Dahbi 2020 where he led until a mistake with tires in pit stop. Dose this mean Lewis will drive 20222 in another team. And Roman will be in his seat in a Grosjean-Rusell line up. Roman is getting old in F1 years so he needs the drive in the car over the testing deal. Or he will never get in a Grandprix and clear his poor record of 0 wins. This is the car that that can fix that.

This is merely to give him some closure on his F1 career. Since he did not get to race in Abu Dahbi this will allow him to close that chapter of his life. And how best to do that other than drive the best car of the current era around your home circuit?

Thanks for everyone's input on the topic. I suppose I am just skeptical of teams sticking to the book on these regulations. We have seen time and time again over the history of F1 the lengths teams will go to bend the rules. To me it just seems impossible for them to determine if a team is performing additional research / development behind the scenes under the guise of subsidiary companies or what have you. This could come in the form of any part of the car for that matter.

The chance of him beating or coming close to any of Hamiltons benchmarks in a cameo test session are little to none. He just got a drive in indy car so I believe that will be his focus moving forward. He has said himself that he wants to be in a car that can compete for wins again. Mercedes has no shortage of young talent to plant in the number two car if they really are looking for that. Namely George Russel.

First of all the Merc is the best car xx years
Well we see in Barcalona if the merc wins.. I have a bad feelings for redbull the whole season.
For now yes but all the Merc staff wants to be part of the success of the (future) champ. Live life to the Max :p:D

And then next year Max announces he will join Mercedes. Guess it will not happen (anymore?)

Last edited:
And today another five top managers/engineers decided to switch their employer. They move from Mercedes to RBR. And a head of technical dev will follow also soon. Name will be announced later. (Not sure if this is also a Mercedes employee?)

(Dutch) source: https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...rcedes-overstap-red-bull-powertrains/6503471/
I wonder if this ship-jumping is because M-B wants to exit environmentally "dirty" F1 and let chemical behemoth Ineos carry that banner.

At any rate, Lewis is onboard with the same team for next year and we (well, most of us) thought he was crazy to exit McLaren for the then-struggling Mercedes-Benz AMG Petronas!

Clearly Red Bull is the little brother of Mercedes Benz. MB is simply toying with RB (and the fans). At any time, MB can turn the wick up and show little brother who the boss still is. I absolutely do not buy that RB is close to MB.

Well, no, because that would be 'widely accepted by Mercedes' :rolleyes:

'Within the paddock' infers 'most if not all teams', but I thought that would have been obvious...

• Deleted member 379375

As a driver you never want that one of deal. You use it to bargain your way into the team as a driver. Or a sub like Hukenberg did last year. I think hes looking for the bigger picture and if he beats Lewis Hamilltons times he may get a drive.
Nah

• Deleted member 379375

The chance of him beating or coming close to any of Hamiltons benchmarks in a cameo test session are little to none. He just got a drive in indy car so I believe that will be his focus moving forward. He has said himself that he wants to be in a car that can compete for wins again. Mercedes has no shortage of young talent to plant in the number two car if they really are looking for that. Namely George Russel.
Yeah

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back