Alright when was that again.....?

Imola quali was quite spicy, hopefully the FIA can mange the same backbone in the race as they did today. Sad to see Landos best ever quali performance get dropped but he looks to be on track for a really strong year which is exciting.

So, Tsunoda gets a 5 sec penalty for exceeding track limits while every other driver you see drives 4 out of 4 wheels next to the track, on the curbs in most of the corners. Hilarious.

So, Tsunoda gets a 5 sec penalty for exceeding track limits while every other driver you see drives 4 out of 4 wheels next to the track, on the curbs in most of the corners. Hilarious.
Turn 9 was strictly policed on the white lines. Other corners the kerbs are considered part of the track. Clearly communicated, nothing hilarious about it.

It is hilarious to me, if those busses aren't able to stay on the classic track, without exceeding more than half of the corners. But for one, they rule it different, it's just a joke.

Mercedes reckoned they were loosing 0.5 seconds a lap due to Hamilton's aero damage he inflicted in himself on lap 1. Hard to know if it's mind games but it sounds about right and he did go on a tear after the restart.

Last edited:
Yea, to be honest I don't buy the rhetoric about Red Bull having a much faster package. I think both teams are very closely matched and the differentiating factor will be week to week track characteristics and consistency by each teams drivers. If the first two races are any indication of the season I think we are all in for a treat :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what else Hamilton could have done the past two races to show that he remains in championship form regardless of the situation. The story to me is the constructor's title...Perez and Bottas hold the key to who takes it in my opinion.

Is it true the organizers for the Miami race are trying to get Nigel Mansell to reenact his Dallas GP pushing his car until he passed out as part of the opening ceremonies? The organizers indicated they wanted to capture some of the history from the great American football parking lot racing of the past.

I'm not sure what else Hamilton could have done the past two races to show that he remains in championship form regardless of the situation. The story to me is the constructor's title...Perez and Bottas hold the key to who takes it in my opinion.

Not only the constructors, the drivers championship aswell. If it ends up in a regular 2 vs 1 it could be a big factor.

This is not news. Mercedes are genuinely slower this season due to the lack of confidence of both drivers in it's rear stability. All you have to do is review the onboard footage from the first race this year and compare them with the same race from last year. The amount of micro-correction is quite evident. RBR has the edge and is a much more stable car. That is the case largely because Adrian has always packaged the rear of the car very 'tightly'. The loss of RBR floor has less overall effect because of that aspect. It means they've retained more overall surface area to play in, due to the skinnier bodywork around the engine cover.

Last edited:
This innovative breed of cars will operate in a similar performance window to the current generation of GT3 cars but will exceed their combustion engine-powered counterparts in areas such as acceleration and qualifying pace.

More lap records to be beaten :coffee:..oh I forgot EV is a gimmick :giggle:

You don't sandbag over multiple races, that's called loosing. It's sandbagging when they hide their performance in practice and then do really well in qualifying and race. The whole point is to give them a better chance at winning.

Mercedes is clearly struggling (to win, lets not pretend they've turned into Williams or anything like that) and as with most teams they are probably already focused on next year. This does give Red Bull a chance to get a victory this year.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back