Alright when was that again.....?

Both of them are not very good F1 drivers.
It's kinda ridiculous that Gasly is practising at home with the vanilla Thrustmaster pedals without even the cheapest loadcell :roflmao: no wonder he struggles. Also the Thrustmaster wheel...
As if he couldn't afford proper Fanatec gear.

One thing people do not understand is the tires alter there shape so the contact patch (This is usualy less than the width of the tire due to camber settings) And this means the grip of the car changes as it turns. There is a force of energy like a strong wind pushing the car outside. So it slides on apex . Making the car run wide on exit. A bit like drifting. Grandprix cars have been doing this for years and there is nothing wrong with it. Just don´t cut across track becuse that is wrong. But if the car is following the shape of the track and the driver is fighting to get back onto the ash fault then who cares. There had to be a rule as to how far the car can drift sideways. This will vary based on track turn and speed.

I found a solution to track limits. Have a arch with transponder detection. Place it on apex and exit of turn. Maybe one on entrance. Wide or tight to the track depending on speed and skill requred to get through. The car has to pass these or there lap is vindicated. or penalty time is added to the car. So itś like drone racing. You have to fly through say a hoop or a triangle that marks the course. It will be hard to install these around track and they may need to be larger to accommodate other racing events with larger viecles. Maybe have them bolted in the ground set in cement for stability.

seems like you missed a sec between picture 2 and 3, but on pic 2 he was in front allready for more than half a car........ also see where Hamilton is as max left track and slowing down because of oversteer where could he go????
In theory he could stay on the curbs possibly maybe but hamilton is not afraid to push cars on the outside off track he has done a number on the other Red Bull several times so I can´t blame Max for not trusting the guy.

I found a solution to track limits. Have a arch with transponder detection. Place it on apex and exit of turn. Maybe one on entrance. Wide or tight to the track depending on speed and skill requred to get through. The car has to pass these or there lap is vindicated. or penalty time is added to the car. So itś like drone racing. You have to fly through say a hoop or a triangle that marks the course. It will be hard to install these around track and they may need to be larger to accommodate other racing events with larger viecles. Maybe have them bolted in the ground set in cement for stability.
This isn't necessary - occam's razor my friend. They have all the live feeds in the control room, they see what's going on, they just need to have the balls to enforce it.

Crowd density at a typical regional motorsports event is more than likely a tenth (or less) of that of a zoo or amusement park EXCEPT maybe cues at the concession stands or restrooms.

Politicians RARELY understand anything involving racing or internal combustion engines.

It’s stupid and it’s just anti carI. I was racing at an airfield yesterday and the one cessna taking off was louder than all the cars were. Guess who the locals complain about

I just hope this stupidity doesn’t cost us any more tracks.

I’d really recommend going with someone like Rallytravel. They are very good at finding good spots and getting you from stage to stage on time. It’s amazing where a coach with VIP on the front and a driver who doesn’t stop to talk to the gate staff can get you

I used to go to one rally a year, WRC Rally Sweden. However, with that now being moved far away, it's actually a lot of hours shorter travel to Rally Finland, than Rally Sweden for me here in Norway(!!). I guess that means I'll not visit any rallies in the coming years.
Here you "have to" buy a ticket/rally pass to get on to the stage. However, we (me and @Roy Magnes ) tended to travel out a day early, at least for the first day of the rally, and it happened more than once that I got in without paying.
Also, more than once on motorsport-events where Roy either have had a rally pass himself, or come in due to media-card (in National events in Norway). The marshalls have said "ok", and not checked if I have anything... Stupid me have said that "I don't have a ticket/pass/card, so I have to pay"...

Anyway, Rally Sweden... We've had one spot we've gone to for years. Arriving the night before, you might meet others that are there early, make a fire, be social, talk about rally and stuff. Then, some years we've slept in the car, some years we've rented a cabin nearby. Last time I went a bit more... outdoorsy.
hWTa5fl.jpg

Even with no snow (Rally Sweden 2020), it was negative temperature (I don't like the winter), so it would be a slightly interesting experience.
Great feeling to wake up, knowing in a couple of hours the worlds best rally drivers will fly by!
KHLNxhZ.jpg

When on the stage, if you bring a tablet or similar with out, with proper coverage and a WRC+ account, you can be a popular guy out in the forest!
zpLuBDA.jpg

Turning back the time a year to 2019, with a bit more snow. We were at our regular spot.
VR1lpI9.jpg

Where Rovanperä went off
QgivURZ.jpg

As documented on WRC ALL LIVE
AGG9hTw.png

Later a Turkish driver went off. Somehow people managed to get him up on the road again!
0c7YCTy.jpg

That same Turkish driver actually went off where me and Roy stood on a stage the next day as well. Was quite... interesting.

Now, the rallies themselves are heavily marketed, the websites of the rallies have maps over the stages, where they are, were the spectator areas are, and where you can park your car etc. This spot there are pics from here, is a 20-30 min walk from the spectator parking, so we were surprised about the amount of people being there in 2019, usually we were like 4-10 people there.
Granted, we had been there for years, and filmed every year, and there were some stuff happening in 2018, and somehow I had a facebook stream from the same place in 2017 which had over 50k views, including some of the drivers waiting to start the stage. I guess that's not wise if you want to keep a spot on a stage halfway secret.

If you want to see the cars going off, and how they managed to get that Skoda up on the road again the vids are here. Rovanperä (and some others)going off on Vid 1, all the historic cars (including cars going off) in vid 2, and the Turkish Skoda in vid 3!

Red Bull team should have told their drivers to run similar lines as the competition as soon as they started. Don't these team copy everything the competition does that gives them an advantage? Seems like Red Bull didn't do their homework.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back