Alright when was that again.....?

my £1 bet is on someone other than LH to win DC this year. mercedes are not going to win.
imo -- 2020 was dull, and 2021 won't be any better to watch, with another team ruling.

hopefully it will be better in 2022 :thumbsup:

I can't say who I think will win as most of the top teams now have some of the very best in the field and Q3 will show the true pace. However, I really hope the cars are indeed closer and Merc isn't sandbagging...then I hope that Lewis gives the best drives of his life and silence all the naysayers...but who am I kidding, it's always a lose-lose situation for him. In the eyes of many:

If he wins, it's Mercedes that fixed their issues, not that he drove the car to the limit all season.
If he loses, he's a talentless hack that doesn't deserve his previous titles.

:rolleyes:
It's a shame, but you're right. I think Lewis wins because he has the best team with the best car that he gets the most out of and almost never puts a foot wrong. It's also worth noting that he helped to make it the best team.

I still get tired of hearing him complain that the tires are shot just before he sets a fastest lap, but that's a pretty small complaint in the overall picture.

Merc is sandbagging.
They are running a long wheelbase car. That means they lack agility in tight turns. This means most of the tracks on the calender they will under perform. Monza and Paul Richard have long straights so they will dominate there. Just package rear end power unit and other components like every other car. Next year we will have a new airo philosophy so they are probably more focused on that. The other teams are catching up.

Lewis Fanboys when Lewis wins: He's the best driver of all times, he would win in any car
Lewis Fanboys when Lewis doesn't win: It's the car man, Merc is letting him down.

Of course, marginalise everything I said by chalking it up to fanboyism...because nobody that thinks Hamilton is a great driver can have logical arguments, right?

Also, I never said he'd win in any car, that's foolish. What I did say is he has a lot of naysayers, for many reasons, but mostly because they chalk his success up to his Mercedes exclusively, like he didn't dominate karting and feeder series and achieved at least 1 pole position and race win in every season for all 14 seasons he's been in F1 (that includes the several years before Merc, when McLaren were definitely not the fastest car for a few seasons).

Yes Hamilton is one of my favourite drivers, but he’s also a slow starter with season openers so I actually voted for Riccardo as a long shot, another one of my favourites and also because McLaren has been my team and they're getting much stronger each year. Norris winning would also be cool, but I think realistically Verstappen will want to make a statement early this year.

I still get tired of hearing him complain that the tires are shot just before he sets a fastest lap, but that's a pretty small complaint in the overall picture.

When you realise he's had more than one title-deciding DNF in his career due to his tyres going (or his engine dying), you'd be paranoid too about what you're feeling with the car. Also, they all complain believe it or not, but he's been the reigning champion and F1's most-famous driver currently, so his messages are broadcast at a higher rate than others.

Of course, marginalise everything I said by chalking it up to fanboyism...because nobody that thinks Hamilton is a great driver can have logical arguments, right?

Also, I never said he'd win in any car, that's foolish. What I did say is he has a lot of naysayers, for many reasons, but mostly because they chalk his success up to his Mercedes exclusively, like he didn't dominate karting and feeder series and achieved at least 1 pole position and race win in every season for all 14 seasons he's been in F1 (that includes the several years before Merc, when McLaren were definitely not the fastest car for a few seasons).

Yes Hamilton is one of my favourite drivers, but he’s also a slow starter with season openers so I actually voted for Riccardo as a long shot, another one of my favourites and also because McLaren has been my team and they're getting much stronger each year. Norris winning would also be cool, but I think realistically Verstappen will want to make a statement early this year.

Formula 1 fans discussing tires, team performances, track limits, calendars and tracks ...
Lewis Fanboys: "Why are you not talking about Lewis, he is the best driver. Stop hatin' on him man. Y'all just jealous."

Last edited:
To me it looks like Redbull is basically the same car as last year with subtle changes and a new engine. The rest, however, looks to have gone backwards in terms of pace with some more than others which is why we're seeing a slight shuffle up in the order based on FP3.

Has anyone in the UK subscribed to F1TV in the UK? I know we can't get the actual races, but I love historic racing and I am wondering if the £20 a year is worth it for the archive content.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.