Alright when was that again.....?

I hope i'm wrong about the mercs. Or at least they aren't a second or more faster in the race when they want to be. Last season max could have the perfect race, strategy and a big dose of luck and lewis could still win comfortably with a puncture on the last lap.

Bottas second fastest behind max in FP1 :thumbsdown:
They didn't make any visible changes to their car, so maybe they really are going to struggle a bit for a couple of races. It seems like now is the time to grab some points against them while they sort everything out. I'm pretty confident that they will sort everything out eventually.

Forgot about that service :) It´s 27 Euro per year...that sounds okay if the service is working. Does anyone use it in Germany ?
Got 2 questions:
- can i watch the races live ? I do only see "Live timings, leaderboards, Telemetry, Live-Positions on track"
- If i can watch the races in the App -> is there any advertisement in the race like it was on free-tv ?

Have never used this service before...
Honestly, Sky Sports Germany is absolutely useless if you're only gonna watch F1. They killed the Free-TV broadcasting in Germany so you either pay 25 Euros per month for Sky or you pay 7 Euros per month for F1TV using a VPN. I connect to France and watch it through there and it's definitely worth it.

To answer to Foxi81, F1TV Pro Access is no longer available in Germany thanks to Sky, so you can't watch anything live. Hence why I personally use a VPN and watch through France.
About advertising, I haven't seen any during my entire time I've used F1TV last year and this year, so I don't think they do advertising when you already pay for it.
I'm using F1tv since 2019. I used discount codes and canceled my subscription for 19+20 but then I got a mail from them that sky got all the rights and if I'd want to use F1tv in 2021, I shouldn't cancel the subscription and just let it renew on its own.
I guess that's a loophole in the sky deal?
Guess I'll keep it until my credit card expires!

It's such a shame... For me it's worth the 74€ per year or whatever the costs are right now.
No way I'll get sky!

I'm wondering how many German fans f1 will lose. I now about 30 households who watched f1 on RTL.
None of them has sky and everyone said the races wouldn't be exciting enough to get sky for it.

Mick Schumacher might get some to get it though...

Question: Is there any country where F1 is broadcast for free?

At one time in France this was the case and it was a family event, but since it was put on a pay channel, no.

In italy, only Sky is broadcasting all of the races live, but their free DTV channel, "TV8" is broadcasting all of the races, only with a slight delay (2 to 6 hours depending on the rest of the schedule, and the original race start time), and some of them are broadcasted live.

Take aways from Friday:
  • Tsunoda is a very exciting talent.
  • McLaren look set to pull away from the midfield for a safe third.
  • Alpha Tauri looks like it could lead the midfield.
  • Alpine and Aston Martin look very well matched, should make Alonso Vs Vettel very exciting.
  • Fantastic start at Ferrari by Sainz, very solid race simulation.
  • Mercedes and Red Bull look well matched and like the teams to beat.

Last edited:
Saw Friday practice and i was happy to see Mercedes behind. I am getting tired of there domination and it seems the likes of Red Bull and McLaren and even Ferrari may advance forwards. Or maybe Mercedes are just playing games with a plan to push later in the season. The Sakhir track is quite technical unlike Melbourne where you usual kick things off. A simpler track and a good starting block. But thanks to Covid and the worldś struggling economy we cant go there.

Last edited:
Oh the free practice sessions look promising, so many drivers and cars in a few tenths, hopefully no dominance from a single team, mclaren looking really strong and vast improvement for ferrari too, promising.

I believe everyone is still holding their peak performance. We will see true pace in Quali tomorrow. That being said I am excited with the early performance of Mclaren and Red Bull.

And I'm an Idiot and payed for F1TV.com in Germany 27 Euro just to watch replays on an Android App...wich my TV can't handle.

If i had it known before --- you can watch all Races and Qualifying on Servus.tv.com in Austria via Internet without VPN. :whistling:
Well you still get the library of old recordings, which is very nice imo.
12-30 minutes per grand prix weekend nicely summarized. I've watched the Vettel wdc seasons and some older seasons. And of course you get some documentaries so not completely wasted!

I can't say who I think will win as most of the top teams now have some of the very best in the field and Q3 will show the true pace. However, I really hope the cars are indeed closer and Merc isn't sandbagging...then I hope that Lewis gives the best drives of his life and silence all the naysayers...but who am I kidding, it's always a lose-lose situation for him. In the eyes of many:

If he wins, it's Mercedes that fixed their issues, not that he drove the car to the limit all season.
If he loses, he's a talentless hack that doesn't deserve his previous titles.

:rolleyes:

Take aways from Friday:
  • Tsunoda is a very exciting talent.
  • McLaren look set to pull away from the midfield for a safe third.
  • Alpha Tauri looks like it could lead the midfield.
  • Alpine and Aston Martin look very well matched, should make Alonso Vs Vettel very exciting.
  • Fantastic start at Ferrari by Sainz, very solid race simulation.
  • Mercedes and Red Bull look well matched and like the teams to beat.

I haven't been paying attention but this was the compilation that came up in my feed...

Really excited to see what Tsunoda can do long term.

The outside overtake of Mazepin after the DRS zone at about 7:52 to 8:04 is awesome.

Last edited:
I can't say who I think will win as most of the top teams now have some of the very best in the field and Q3 will show the true pace. However, I really hope the cars are indeed closer and Merc isn't sandbagging...then I hope that Lewis gives the best drives of his life and silence all the naysayers...but who am I kidding, it's always a lose-lose situation for him. In the eyes of many:

If he wins, it's Mercedes that fixed their issues, not that he drove the car to the limit all season.
If he loses, he's a talentless hack that doesn't deserve his previous titles.

:rolleyes:

Lewis Fanboys when Lewis wins: He's the best driver of all times, he would win in any car
Lewis Fanboys when Lewis doesn't win: It's the car man, Merc is letting him down.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back