Alright when was that again.....?

Edited for offensive content.
And FWIW:
2021 F1 Calendar already In question as Australian GP 'Might Be Delayed'.......99.99% of the Australian population could care considering the present international situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could care less? Or couldn't care less? Either way, your posts doesn't make much sense :O_o: (sorry if English isn't your native language).

Also that's still a quarter of a million people who's opinions either matter (or don't matter, depending on what you were trying to say).

Let me clarify that for you Alfie.
In 'Australian English' just for you!
You seem to think a very few Aussies are hanging out for an irrelevant 'Made for TV' event when the majority of their fellow citizens are far more concerned with their family's health and well being, employment, education, an uncertain future financially and a third COVID 19 wave that could arrive courtesy of the cast and crew of a supposed 'sporting event'.
Perhaps the fact that the majority of the participants in this event are UK based hasn't occurred to you, as a reminder, that Nation is about to enter an extreme lockdown due to their less than competent handling of the Global health crisis allied to a certain percentage of their population lacking simple common sense when it comes to following the directions of the Health Professionals who must despair of treating such a recalcitrant segment of their fellow citizens.

Here is the official release for your edification.
In 'English' just for you.

"Just days into 2021 and Formula 1’s plans for the year may already be at risk, as the season opener in Australia is at risk of being postponed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

The Australian Grand Prix at the Albert Park in Melbourne has been the season opener since 1996 (barring 2006 and 2010). The sport tried to hold the race last year, but the event was canceled following Friday practice after a member of the McLaren team tested positive for the virus.
With efforts to slow the virus’s spread ongoing, it looks like 2021 will be the second year in a row without an Australian season opener. The good news for fans of the event, though, is that Motorsport reports the event has only been delayed.

Citing unnamed sources, the outlet reports that the race may be rescheduled to later in the year. As recently as January 1, though, F1’s official Twitter account published its 2021 race calendar with Australia as the first race of the season on March 21.
The next race on the calendar, the Bahrain Grand Prix, is set for March 28 and may become the de facto season opener if Australia is, indeed, postponed.

The Australian government has stated that two-week-long quarantines will be required for all F1 personnel visiting the country.

The sport’s 2020 calendar was rocked by the pandemic, forcing the majority of the season to take place on European tracks. Despite its efforts to limit the virus’ transmission, though, three drivers tested positive for COVID-19 in 2020.

Although Australia currently only has 279 active cases COVID-19, cases have been skyrocketing in the UK, where the majority of F1’s teams engineer and build their cars. On January 2 alone, the country recorded more than 57,000 new cases.
Formula 1 wouldn’t be the only motorsport facing scheduling issues as a result of the pandemic. Its electric equivalent, Formula E, had to cancel its first race in Santiago after Chile closed its borders to the UK."

Last edited:
The Royal family have little if any power.
Actually the queen has a lot of power, most of which is delegated down to the prime minister - but if she wanted to, she could do many things, both bad and good.

But other than that, yeah, the concept is archaic and has been outgrown by modern society. A knighthood certainly carries no value in 2021.

Actually the queen has a lot of power, most of which is delegated down to the prime minister - but if she wanted to, she could do many things, both bad and good.
Yup, the UK is just one crazy monarch away from political turmoil. They're lucky they've had a queen that just wants to stay out of it.

I enjoyed it first time round Durge and shouted myself a copy a few weeks ago for the sheer pleasure of watching Brockie fling the A9X around Bathurst to break the lap record on the final tour.
The XU1 footage was pretty good as well.
With a couple of exceptions it is probably the most honest TV 'bio' we'll get, it did annoy me that his exploits in ANF2 aboard his year old Birrana were ignored as well as the reason for the disqualification of the Eggenberger Fords being distorted.

There are ways to state an opinion without resorting to name-calling like school children. It will just reflect badly on yourself.
Cheers.

Can't say the next year of F1 is looking very interesting with many races set to be cancelled. I didn't find F1 2020 to be a great one, to put it mildly.

Last edited:
Honestly don't get the hate for Lewis, he's come from nothing, racially abused. And has shoved his middle finger up and shown what can be done.

Would be a different story if he was driving a bloody Ferrari. Well done sir Lewis, ready for WDC 8.

Max vonstrapon has more chance of winning the WDC than an turtle on speed, unless he moves to Mercedes.

Daniel Ricardo, now if he won I'd love it !! great character. Great driver.

Last edited:

But other than that, yeah, the concept is archaic and has been outgrown by modern society. A knighthood certainly carries no value in 2021.
People say the royals have power. Its flying around getting peace treateys signed. These days most nations want independence and that means doing your own thing. So England as a nation is helping less. The royals will go to hospitals and meet sick people. Any old Tom Dick or Harry can do that as a volenteer. They just don't get in the paper or news for doing it (Because they are not famous) and they put in more hours of service. The queen's face sits on Canadian money yet i dont know what she has done for Canada. We just helped England out in WW2. At the end of the line Scotland is indipendent and Northern Ireland and wales may join in. So the royals are loosing power. England is run by politicians and the Royals don't like politics so the control over England is very low. Just glorified ambassadors to a old way that has little relevance in today times. I gues Lewis with a knighthood is like the Queen just another aristocrat perching garbage. Ih he cared about the enviroment why is he sponsored by INEOS (A chemical company that uses un ethical strategies for pollution)

For me it's Bathurst (Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit), it's the only track I know where you drive steep up a mountain and then curvy down hill. Getting the curvy part down hill right makes it a incredible experience.

What's the point of arguing about powers and meanings if the man will never in his life lift a sword to protect the monarch. It's just like any other things in the past we no longer exercise but still give importance and pride. They give it out nowadays like trophies honestly, so just let them have it. Lewis gave joy to his British fans, maybe the royals are among them. You clap your hands, jump for joy and shout cheers to your favorite sports heroes to express your happiness. The royals give out knighthood to express theirs. It's theirs to give right? We normal peasants give what we can, this thread expresses that very clearly.

Maybe my answer fits not exacly what you meaned with your question but:

For me its the Gilles-Villeneuve Circuit in Montreal

Why? I would say i am just a medium-fast driver, but i am always fast @Montreal and managed to win there my only Online-League race in my life :inlove:

I'm not British so I can't comment on anyone being appointed anything in a culture that's not mine.
Without any doubt it is an achievement to sit in this car and to have a teammate who is slower.

Regarding "racing" I'll once again save some time by not consuming any F1 event in 2021 again. On the 12th of Jan. we already know the name of this year's champion - the only thing to be discussed is how many races before the end of the season the championship will be secured.

I'd like to point out that this nonsense is not Sir Hamilton's fault. Not at all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back