Alright when was that again.....?

maxresdefault.jpg

Merc: Puts on new special livery to honour the team members' contributions.
Lewis' Fans: Whoaaah, rude! Did Lewis even allow this? Doesn't Merc know that only the driver matters?
I like the idea but you cant read it. Put a banner saying thank you everyone at factory . Keep it simple, otherwise it is just a bunch of names.

maxresdefault.jpg

Merc: Puts on new special livery to honour the team members' contributions.
Lewis' Fans: Whoaaah, rude! Did Lewis even allow this? Doesn't Merc know that only the driver matters?
Driver gets the glory and trophy. Sadly there are to many people involved at least 500-1000 or more. The driver is 30% of the finished product.

I like the idea but you cant read it. Put a banner saying thank you everyone at factory . Keep it simple, otherwise it is just a bunch of names.

Driver gets the glory and trophy. Sadly there are to many people involved at least 500-1000 or more. The driver is 30% of the finished product.

Merc has 3000 working at it according to Toto.

Prost was one of the best, not as naturally talented as Senna IMO, but more of a brain. Rosberg, for me he was good, but not quite cream of the crop, yet still (with some luck) snagged a WDC in that car.
Allways funny how people refer to Rosbergs title being lucky. For all the bad luck he had the years before his title and simply considering the fact how he crushed Hamilton at the beginning of the year it was simply a deserved title and not more or less lucky than any of the Hamilton titles. It allready started with him being at top form at the end of 2015 when he won three races in a row and transfered that performance into 2016. You don't have such a streak against someone like Lewis Hamilton due to luck.

I don't like what Nico Rosberg stands for today with his agenda for automated driving and electric car stuff, but I think it's well worth to give him the credit for beating Lewis Hamilton fair and square with some nice wheel to wheel action and as a result of hard work. He might not have been as naturally gifted as Hamilton but he clarly made up for it with hard work and comittment.

Prost was one of the best, not as naturally talented as Senna IMO, but more of a brain.

Absolutely. Prost was, along with Lauda, the smartest driver I've seen. He's seldom ever mentioned along Fangio, Clark or Senna, probably because his driving style was very efficient but not flashy. But just look at his record and he's one of the top drivers ever. But when it counted, he could be as quick as anyone. Just watch his drive at the 1990 Mexican GP: started 13th, won the race.

The other thing I always respected about Prost was his awareness of risk. He was always aware he could die on track and he drove accordingly. His refusal to drive at the 1989 Australian GP was the smartest move of the day.

Last edited:
Allways funny how people refer to Rosbergs title being lucky. For all the bad luck he had the years before his title and simply considering the fact how he crushed Hamilton at the beginning of the year it was simply a deserved title and not more or less lucky than any of the Hamilton titles. It allready started with him being at top form at the end of 2015 when he won three races in a row and transfered that performance into 2016. You don't have such a streak against someone like Lewis Hamilton due to luck.

I don't like what Nico Rosberg stands for today with his agenda for automated driving and electric car stuff, but I think it's well worth to give him the credit for beating Lewis Hamilton fair and square with some nice wheel to wheel action and as a result of hard work. He might not have been as naturally gifted as Hamilton but he clarly made up for it with hard work and comittment.

The proof that Rosberg was excellent is to compare him to Bottas.

Case closed.

Either that or it will become worse for McLaren. I wouldn't have changed engines for 2021 if I were at McLaren. The Renault engine doesn't seem so bad.
New engine, new influx of capital, two good drivers, and a year away from new regulations... I'm very excited to see what McLaren can do in the next few years.

Reactions: BP
With Ferrari that's team orders, Irvine almost won it the year Schumacher broke his leg, Schumacher returned and supported Irvine (I think!).

Team orders. Not this old chestnut. If Schumacher had not broken his legs, he would have won that season easily and Hakkinen would not have had a look in and yet Irvine failed.. Because? He was not of Schumachers calibre by a long shot. Barrichello.. Yeah, that guy was always moving over to let Schumacher pass (NOT) so much so that out of the seasons he was Schumachers team mate at Ferrari, Shuey got 5 titles, Barrichello came 2nd in the championship a total of twice... not 5 times.. just twice. He struggled to even come second most of the time!

I believe Schuey made the difference in that car... In the Mercedes.. You could stick anyone in it and they would probably come second at least (Behind Hamilton who makes the difference in the key moments.. its just with the mercedes there are far less key moments).

Team orders. Not this old chestnut. If Schumacher had not broken his legs, he would have won that season easily and Hakkinen would not have had a look in and yet Irvine failed.. Because? He was not of Schumachers calibre by a long shot. Barrichello.. Yeah, that guy was always moving over to let Schumacher pass (NOT) so much so that out of the seasons he was Schumachers team mate at Ferrari, Shuey got 5 titles, Barrichello came 2nd in the championship a total of twice... not 5 times.. just twice. He struggled to even come second most of the time!

I believe Schuey made the difference in that car... In the Mercedes.. You could stick anyone in it and they would probably come second at least (Behind Hamilton who makes the difference in the key moments.. its just with the mercedes there are far less key moments).

Makes you think, whether the reason for Vettels failure to become WC with Ferrari was Vettel's motivation to emulate Schuhmacher's success and career instead of making his own dent in the universe.

Fair enough, sad to say I've been corrupted by the Hamilton hype over that year then! Shame he quit.

Pretty certain Ferrari team orders where a thing, but overall I agree with you. Mercs success is less about the driver and more about the actually car.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back