Alright when was that again.....?

Porsche is the rumour. Good old Jos Verstappen suddenly has a new friend on social media:
Ola Källenius. Let the gossip around Mercedes & Max begin, or Williams?

Last edited:
Can you image if all the teams had the same engine. The racing would be much more entertaining. Let the teams build their own chassis but the engines are all the same. Its not ideal but it would surely cut cost and most people would care less what is under the hood. You could still stick a logo on the front for a manufacturer that is paying the chassis bill. The manufacturers are not designing and building their own engines "in house" anyway so why does it even matter.
They already did that in A1GP. It wasn't very popular and died a sudden death after a few years.

I think we have entered some kind of tipping point where the engine manufacturers are really more interested in EVs than ICEs. F1 has some thinking to do. They're either going to have to roadmap going to a full EV series down the road (if that's even possible...doesn't Formula E have some sort of exclusive deal?) OR they are going to have to say screw it and go "retro" with the engine spec. 3.5L V8 or something.

I think we have entered some kind of tipping point where the engine manufacturers are really more interested in EVs than ICEs. F1 has some thinking to do. They're either going to have to roadmap going to a full EV series down the road (if that's even possible...doesn't Formula E have some sort of exclusive deal?) OR they are going to have to say screw it and go "retro" with the engine spec. 3.5L V8 or something.
Nah. With today's exposure F1 would have 10 manufacturers (1 per team) if they made this cheaper lol. It's all about costs, really.
Motorsports is marketing, the folks that want EVs on streets won't watch racing even if they get what they want but far too many watching now will leave it (which is the real issue since their kids won't get introduced to the sport, chain reaction that already happend in CART/IRL days).
Plus it's impossible to put anything electric now that would give F1 speeds and decent range before they need to recharge. I mean 330+kph with all that drag must use some ridiculous amount of electricity. The ZEOD with all the efficient aero used 150kg of batteries to do a single lap at LM slower than a GT, imagine what an F1 car needs to do 10 laps at Monza
This move will happen sooner or later but they need to be careful. Marketing departments love to over react nowadays

Last edited:
They already did that in A1GP. It wasn't very popular and died a sudden death after a few years.
I never followed A1GP however I don't think the rules were for each team to design its own chassis. Also, best drivers in the world did not drive the cars. I don't think the failure of A1GP is evidence that a common engine in F1 produce the same results.

Honda what a Legend and all that Jazz. That's the Prelude for Today, WOW. Insight is that it wasn't a Breeze and they got Beat. Now they're looking for Clarity. Civic Life is at a Crossroad. Their Logo is not Fit for F1. It's not LaGreat. They will take their Passport and Vamos. The Odyssey is over and so much for the Accord.

Porsche is the rumour. Good old Jos Verstappen suddenly has a new friend on social media:
Ola Källenius. Let the gossip around Mercedes & Max begin, or Williams?

I really hope not. Porsche shouldn’t be wasting time with a series like F1 tht has near zero future applications.

At this stage, I don’t even mind if this is the demise of F1, in similar ways like WSC, Group B and Group A. It needs to go because it does not have much purpose.

The day it goes full EV is the day I quit watching it, and I have watched since the 70's.

Max will quit Red Bull next season to join Mercedes 2022.

Mercedes won't hire Verstappen unless Hamilton is about to retire or very close to it. Why would they spend all that extra money to get Verstappen over Bottas to gain the same result (1st and 2nd). If Hamilton is going to retire at the end of this year or next then maybe, but they certainly won't have them competing against each other if Hamilton still has a few years in him.

I read this morning that Renault, being the engine maker that supplies the smallest number of teams, is forced by rule to supply RBR and AT, unless they come to an agreement with another supplier.

I immediately thought that Honda was leaving because of the economic crisis brought on by the pandemic.

This shows that the engine rules have to be simplified quickly. F1 needs an independant engine maker, like Cosworth, in situations like these. But this won't happen if engine design and development remains as expensive as it is now.

I think we have entered some kind of tipping point where the engine manufacturers are really more interested in EVs than ICEs. F1 has some thinking to do.
This is the truth, period. Oil burning engines will not lead the future for the worlds largest auto manufacturers nor motorsport, however aggrieved some resistant diehards may feel about it.

Honda
Mercedes won't hire Verstappen unless Hamilton is about to retire or very close to it. Why would they spend all that extra money to get Verstappen over Bottas to gain the same result (1st and 2nd). If Hamilton is going to retire at the end of this year or next then maybe, but they certainly won't have them competing against each other if Hamilton still has a few years in him.
so you think he can’t beat Ham, and Max is the same levell to Bottas :roflmao: :mad: where do you find this wishdom?
if you can find the statitics at the age of bought at 23j old, you will think again.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea