Alright when was that again.....?

Red Bull could buy the Honda F1 department, from memory, the Honda engines are made in the UK, so maybe its possible they could take it over?

Last edited:
Maybe Lawrence Stroll will buy it out and rebrand it as Aston Martin to go along with Racing Point's "transformation" into Aston Martin F1, and Red Bull just keeps using it since they're already affiliated with Aston Martin. Pure wild conjecture, of course - and why would they give up running with Mercedes. So, nevermind there's no way that's gonna happen.

Could you elaborate on that? I'm not as up to speed on F1 politics these days, but why are Renault the only option?

From my uninformed view, Mercedes seems like they'll give Red Bull the finger before even being formally asked for an engine. Why would they want to potentially create a real competitor to themselves? But Renault also seems unlikely to me. They're making decent progress towards best-of-the-rest, and without Red Bull at the front they have the very real possibility of regular podiums.

So that leaves Ferrari, with a poor engine and poor car, not really doing anything of note. Why not give your crappy engine to another team for a hefty fee? Easy money if it's their only real choice.
Realistically I don't think Renault but financially the most likely between Ferrari and Mercedes.

I think we will have a new engine supplier.. Cosworth has always been an option..... Either way Honda leaving is not good for the sport.

Honda has a habit of coming I to F1 for a few years, be on the verge of success and then pull the pin. At the most recent example of this is when they did all the work for the 2009 car and then pull up stumps before the season started. We know how that played out.

formula-world-championship-ford-cosworth-dfv-2001573.jpg

European roads are pretty old, many of them were "designed" by a man with his ass and cart over the course of hundreds, if not thousands of years. It wasn't just the Romans that had roads in ancient times, they were everywhere, the Romans just took them to a higher level of sophistication. The oldest preserved timber road discovered was found in Ireland and dated from 1500BC.

America on the other hand got to start from scratch in a period when industrialisation was taking off. Many American roads were built with cars in mind, and not so much for horse and cart, America had the ability to go though stuff because of more industrialisation. There seems to be a lot of flat bits in America too.

European tracks grew out of European roads, when there were no tracks to race on. We don't like straight lines in Europe, I actually can't see how you'd get any enjoyment out of driving a straight road really fast. I want twisty roads, hills, blind corners, basically a roller coaster, which is way more dangerous to drive on that an American road. The danger adds a lot to the enjoyment for Europeans.

Red Bull could buy the Honda F1 department, from memory, the Honda engines are made in the UK, so maybe its possible they could take it over?

Everything is done in Japan apart from the battery pack, that's only done in the UK because of the shipping regulations of large batteries from Japan.

There's no chance of anybody buying the facility in Japan as it incorporates their other divisions.

Yes lets bring back the Cosworth DFV , they won't win any races but at least they will be worth hearing again. That way Mercedes can win all of the races while we wait for that glorious sound to go by.
F1 definitely needs to practice the KISS principle. I appreciate all the technology and innovation, but at this point its moved so far away from the actual racing enjoyment, I must imagine even the drivers must be shaking there heads.

I reckon they will go back to Renault, i doubt they will leave f1 as the global exposure from F1 brings in way more cash for them than it cost to run the team,
Ferrari and Mercedes both know if they supplied red bull with their engines right now they would hand red bull a championship or three

As for a new engine manufacturer I’m not sure what the cost would be to enter and most seem to be focusing on electric

Can you image if all the teams had the same engine. The racing would be much more entertaining. Let the teams build their own chassis but the engines are all the same. Its not ideal but it would surely cut cost and most people would care less what is under the hood. You could still stick a logo on the front for a manufacturer that is paying the chassis bill. The manufacturers are not designing and building their own engines "in house" anyway so why does it even matter.

Can you image if all the teams had the same engine. The racing would be much more entertaining. Let the teams build their own chassis but the engines are all the same. Its not ideal but it would surely cut cost and most people would care less what is under the hood. You could still stick a logo on the front for a manufacturer that is paying the chassis bill. The manufacturers are not designing and building their own engines "in house" anyway so why does it even matter.
F2 is almost what you want so go ahead, watch that instead
Also the chassis is a much bigger factor on car gaps than engines lol

Last edited:
Driver Yuki Tsunoda is backed by Honda and rumours are he might have a seat soon in F1, maybe that was to be with Redbull? Wonder if this decision affects his chances?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.