Alright when was that again.....?

Whats there to tell, he got promoted as ok driver from a mediocre team because Rosberg resigned out of the blue. The Mercedes team made a pretty good driver out of him by now.
Perfect for 1-2 finishes without them banging each other of the track.

Yesterday, Viscaal won in the F3. The commentators mentioned how Viscaal improved, and lately is trained by someone that trained Bottas too. Just a funny fact I think.

It was a good race. And old Max got the win. But the real mystery is about the racing point brake ducts. I see a court case with lawyers. The car is legal in the eyes of FIA but not rival teams.

Well done to Max a great drive and the team did a great job over the weekend.

However I did notice one thing that annoys me slightly with people gushing over him on social media.

The car was just bloody good on it's tyres. Yes Max and the team did a great job but Albon was in the same situation, his tyres were perfect as well. He was passing people as if he had another 100hp. Whilst those around him were struggling he simply wasn't.

I'm not saying Max wasn't brilliant to win the race, I'm just saying that the car delivered him the goods as well on this occasion and he took full advantage of it.

Mercedes unfortunately had their usual problem in these situations, they never seem to do well in tough races, when they dominate out front they are supreme but in a battle they tend to trip over themselves. Reminds me of '94 and '95 with the Williams team. They had dominated for so long that when Benetton started thinking out of the box with sneaky strategies and clever thinking they were tripped up on lots of occasions, even though they sometimes had the faster car.

topic.png

Yes strange, or maybe not, there is allways one the faster driver. :thumbsdown:
maybe Prost and Senna were equal fast.
Prost and Senna weren't equally fast, they just had different strengths and weaknesses and maximized or minimized them to their fullest pontential with a similar outcome.

With todays F1 it's a bit different and I can't really think of equally strong pairings since Hamilton/Rosberg or Verstappen/Ricciardo, atleast in the top teams. I consider Vettel as strong as Le Clerce but the comparison is a bit more difficult with Vettel being on the ejection seat. And what we don't know aswell is stuff like contracts and who get's wich kind of support in terms of engineering, data or even technical upgrades. For example with Bottas as with Vettel these days it's allways interesting how just one of them has big issues in the respective team and how the team basicly allways pulls the right strategy calls for the "right" side of the garage. With Vettel having the issues that he had for the last two weeks it makes me wonder how people still see equal chances between him and his teammate while you need every minute you can get to prepare the car for the race.

People can call me a thinfoil hat but reading or listening to interviews from different personalities in F1, especialy from the 80s and early 90s it get's quite obvious that people underestimate the amount of games that are played and that there more often than not is no such thing as equal cars and opportunities within the same team.

However I did notice one thing that annoys me slightly with people gushing over him on social media.

The car was just bloody good on it's tyres. Yes Max and the team did a great job but Albon was in the same situation, his tyres were perfect as well. He was passing people as if he had another 100hp. Whilst those around him were struggling he simply wasn't.

I'm not saying Max wasn't brilliant to win the race, I'm just saying that the car delivered him the goods as well on this occasion and he took full advantage of it.

Mercedes unfortunately had their usual problem in these situations, they never seem to do well in tough races, when they dominate out front they are supreme but in a battle they tend to trip over themselves. Reminds me of '94 and '95 with the Williams team. They had dominated for so long that when Benetton started thinking out of the box with sneaky strategies and clever thinking they were tripped up on lots of occasions, even though they sometimes had the faster car.
Nonsense. You have Leclerc and Ocon who managed to stop only once. Leclerc said he was also catching Bottas at the end, so it was really only Merc that was struggling. It's not like the RBR car absurd.

I mean, if I had the money I sure would straight up buy a GT3 car and race professionally - but I don't.

On the other hand you can get an Alfa 156 or an BMW e36 328 with roll cage under 10.000£. I'm sure with repairs and services the budget would have to tripple. But still, a man can dream.

Post pictures of your choices. :)

Yes, the RB car played a big role in this, but don’t forget Albon finished 39 seconds behind Max. Faster laps normally take more out of the tires. Albon‘s race performance was also great though and I enjoyed his overtakes.

Last week, there was a mention that Bottas could have been switched to 2 stops (before tyre fail), but it wouldn’t be fair because Lewis didn’t have option for that. What was that about? Since yesterday it looked fair to switch Lewis to better strategy with healthier tyres for the end.

But Albon is of hardly any use for the team at this moment, great achievement that he drives from 9th to 5th. Or from last to 5th. or whatever great overtaking he does during a race...
Helping the team with alternate setups as a benchmark, or driving in between RB/Max rivals is out of question. He never was even near Verstappen with the current car (which is a bitch to drive fast in qualy).
Instead he was battling with with formula 1.5 cars again.
That takes a toll on your ego, tires and laptimes.

Last week, there was a mention that Bottas could have been switched to 2 stops (before tyre fail), but it wouldn’t be fair because Lewis didn’t have option for that. What was that about? Since yesterday it looked fair to switch Lewis to better strategy with healthier tyres for the end.
Because Lewis would start crying that Bottas had a better stategy.
Was easier to sacrifice Bottas and keep up the good spirits.
Like they did before so many times.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea