Alright when was that again.....?

Lewis was fastest on Friday practice. That i saw live this morning. I usually don't care about practice but seeing this was round one after 4 months of trying to contain the virus to a point we can put on a show. But Lewis is bad here, its a tough track despite its simple layout. I have struggled on sims just to get though turn one. This is Lewises biggest challenge yet.

I saw Lewis in press conference i hope no body nicked his bicycle his chain and padlock was still around his neck.:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

• Deleted member 561801

Come on Max. I know that RB are good on this track!

I don't think being perhaps past his prime equals "washed up" for Vettel. He's still the 2nd winningest driver behind Hamilton the last several years, at least since Rosberg left - with a car that obviously was not equal to Mercedes with any consistency. The mistakes were obviously very costly, and Mercedes/Hamilton rarely make any. The team hasn't been flawless either though, but whatever that's just how F1 is. And, Vettel is far from the first driver to be a whiny ##### when things don't go his way. I'd rather see him race outside of F1 than be stuck in a mid field team though, otherwise it's just a repeat of Alonso at McLaren minus the reliability woes - unless a team is on the brink of a major step up to challenge Mercedes - which some would say Ferrari are slipping away from as well.

I've been an intermittent F1 fan since the early 90's, but in general there's always been one guy and one team with a car that is better than everyone else and dominates for a while until the tide turns. Defining who is "best" seems almost pointless, plenty of drivers never got rides in the best cars so who knows. I don't think it's a stretch to say most of the mid-field drivers right now could routinely at least be fighting for podiums if not wins if you put them in the Mercedes. And I don't say that to diminish Hamilton's talent - he is fast and remarkably consistent, almost error-free. He no doubt would extract the maximum from any car he drives, but he would not have anywhere near the success he has had if he were with another team over the last 6 years - all else being the same.

I think Hamilton will get to 8 championships and 100 wins (at least), and you can't do that without being really good, even with the best car. But, in F1... especially in F1, you could be the Jedi Master of Motorsport and if you're not in at least the second best car on the grid you aren't going to be World Champion.

This might turn out to be an easy season for the pink ... sorry black benz.
Still we have less than a half season in front of us which is better than nothing.

Sorry but all of this is an intellectual construction that has little to do with the truth. I played amateur football about 30 years and I have attended football games for more than 40 years - never heard a single racist insult against a white guy. I'm not saying racism does not go both ways, I know it does, but white footballers just don't hear same racist insults.

In F1 we had this, not so long ago:
g2r6bE3.jpg

Why does it "have" to be racist? An insult is an insult, it is designed and meant to hurt the person aimed at and NOT the insulter, racial skin colour insults are actually the lowest brow easiest insults and lazy. Like many insult that are visually based, like fat, big ears, big nose etc. People who resort to racial insults are usually the lowest common denominator and lacking in finding a clever way to insult someone. Also if you're in a predominatly white crowd it'd be really daft to call someone a "white bleep" woudn't it?!!

ALL insults are bad.

That picture is shocking, IIRC correctly wasn't it from a Barcelona test with the Spanish fans peeved at Hamilton's falling out with Alonso.

Note I wasn't saying racism doesn't exist just that it's an overused term especially now and detracts from real racism when it happens.

And believe me Ive been insulted loads in my life for a couple of reasons one of which has caused severe mental health issues, none were racist insults but they still hurt like HELL.

sigh and of course White footballers have never ever been verbally abused at all have they?

What about Blacks who had no interest in F1 at all suddenly becoming interested when Hamilton came along. Or how about Black voters in the US not voting until Obama came along?

Weird how "were all the same" up until someone non white does something and it's all about their skin colour? Racism goes both ways.

Am I racist for not liking Hamilton?

Well I liked Mansell and Button so I must be right?......but not a fan of Hill and Coulthard....so........

Racism card is played too often and it diminishes accounts of real racism.
There is no racism card. I'm merely stating the obvious with everything that I have said. I myself have been watching F1 since the early/mid eighties, but, other than myself why would other black people watch a sport (F1) in which you see no one who looks like you? We created the very great wealth of the NBA and NFL, so these would be the sports that we would watch. Why vote in a racist society in which we built the wealth and the economy as it was us who built the country and picked the cotton, without being paid wages, and under the constant threat of death, so black people were not optimistic about America before President Obama became president.

How dare they too cheat. I mean they are so evil I expect them to start next race in Monza with tyre pressure under allowed range. :roflmao:

On topic, team choose driver for future, they didn't want to risk his upset and decided to let go older driver. Next....
That's all that you expect from Ferrari. Hell, in their desperation I expect them to hire someone to sabotage the competing cars to be honest.

I find it all a bit odd this Black Lives Mercedes and F1 "we are one" or whatever it is, I mean nice idea, but will they boycott Bahrain, I mean they use modern day slavery and human trafficking....
Or Boycott China for terrible human rights record?

No...no they won't...

So really all it is, is a nice livery and a sticker to make them look good..absolutely no actions taken at all to help people right now in Bahrain being taken advantage of.....
Has Lewis even mentioned slavery still happening in the mining of cobalt in Africa?
In fact has anyone from the BLM movement mentioned that?

Or these celebrities with massive diamonds, who do they think goes to get those diamonds?
I'll tell you....black kids, for pretty much nothing, worked to the bone......

But hey...look, the car is black....we care....

I'm happy F1 is back...
will Mercedes be allowed to race if the other eams appeal the DAS?
Doesn't sound like the DAS system is legal.. but I'm not sure even if its banned it will be enough to slow them down to give other others chance.

I find it all a bit odd this Black Lives Mercedes and F1 "we are one" or whatever it is, I mean nice idea, but will they boycott Bahrain, I mean they use modern day slavery and human trafficking....
Or Boycott China for terrible human rights record?

No...no they won't...

So really all it is, is a nice livery and a sticker to make them look good..absolutely no actions taken at all to help people right now in Bahrain being taken advantage of.....
Has Lewis even mentioned slavery still happening in the mining of cobalt in Africa?
In fact has anyone from the BLM movement mentioned that?

Or these celebrities with massive diamonds, who do they think goes to get those diamonds?
I'll tell you....black kids, for pretty much nothing, worked to the bone......

But hey...look, the car is black....we care....

In the artworld i was always told to keep my mouth shut. 'Don't bite the hand that feeds you.'
Now BLM is being exposed for what it really is and the people who push it. Do these companies really want their social ideals? No. But remember that hand. They always dangle the carrot and then run away from it. The premier league and the Labour leader have egg on their face.

In the artworld i was always told to keep my mouth shut. 'Don't bite the hand that feeds you.'
Now BLM is being exposed for what it really is and the people who push it. Do these companies really want their social ideals? No. But remember that hand. They always dangle the carrot and then run away from it. The premier league and the Labour leader have egg on their face.
They do not actually care about equality or anything. It's just corporations being corporate. They need to look like they care, so the massive amount of sheep in the world will look at them and gasp at how X brand is making the world a better place.

Just look at this thread, the amount of people that still fall for what BRANDS do to appear inclusive is hilarious. Same people that think BLM is a good thing, it's unbelievable.

"ehrm mah gud, [BRAND] changed their profile picture to a rainbow, so inclusive!"

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back