all cars are faster than my car

for example there are 20cars qualifying for a race, I get the 10th best time. Once the race starts all cars pull away from me and while in middle of race all cars just blow by me while I'm at top speed. All using same car. What could be my issue?

There is a rare bug where AC thinks your CPU in running at a different frequency than it really is. It will cause stuff like that.

If you want to check yourself save a replay of a lap you do in any session then watch it back and time it with your watch/cellphone. If you don't get close to the laptime shown in game that's the problem.

If it's against AI just make sure you are using DRS if there is one

There is a rare bug where AC thinks your CPU in running at a different frequency than it really is. It will cause stuff like that.

If you want to check yourself save a replay of a lap you do in any session then watch it back and time it with your watch/cellphone. If you don't get close to the laptime shown in game that's the problem.

If it's against AI just make sure you are using DRS if there is one
Thank you I will try that.

Eh? The advise listed on here is contary to the advise I have seen before.

I was under the understanding that humans are much faster in the corners than any AI can be, therefore the AI do have a slight speed advantage on the straights to compensate for the poor cornering. The bottom line is you have to corner better to get the faster exit because you won'twin a AI drag race.

Afaik Stefano mentioned a lot of times that the AI can't cheat. They can be on the perfect limit with active stability control etc but they have the same physics.
So if you can't win a drag race vs the AI it's not because they have some straight line boost. It's just because you can't launch and shift as perfectly as a computer.

Exiting out of a corner doesn't have the launch problems (clutch mainly) so you shouldn't be slower on the straights, if you are at the limit.

I second the advices though:
- move your mouse cursor to the very right, activate the pedal app and check if you have throttle at 100% or not.

- if you have it at 100% do the CPU bug check

- if everything seems right, do a video and post it here. Maybe you are just slow on corner exit (no shame, maybe just a false impression of your skills, happens to all of us at some point) :)

This is a computer with numerous other computerized hardware you are using which, is way more complicated than the real car its simulating.
What kind of wheel are you using? Are you using a wheel? If so make sure its up to the latest firmware and driver. Only use a black usb port. I think that goes for all wheels still?
Don't use antivirus only Windows Defender, maybe Malwarebites? I'm having best luck with Windows 10.
I had noticed the VR DK2 did strange things to AC. Not sure if different screens can have simular effects? Make sure your field of view is correct.
Make sure all drivers are up to date like your usb chipset. I needed a powered usb port was the last thing I did because it didn't have enough power.

With a real car you can just look at joints and see what is loose.

Good luck and ask a lot of questions with videos. Don't get discouraged. Its the safest and cheapest way to race and so much fun.

Eh? The advise listed on here is contary to the advise I have seen before.

I was under the understanding that humans are much faster in the corners than any AI can be, therefore the AI do have a slight speed advantage on the straights to compensate for the poor cornering. The bottom line is you have to corner better to get the faster exit because you won'twin a AI drag race.
This wasn't about AI at all but thanks.

Afaik Stefano mentioned a lot of times that the AI can't cheat. They can be on the perfect limit with active stability control etc but they have the same physics.
So if you can't win a drag race vs the AI it's not because they have some straight line boost. It's just because you can't launch and shift as perfectly as a computer.

Exiting out of a corner doesn't have the launch problems (clutch mainly) so you shouldn't be slower on the straights, if you are at the limit.

I second the advices though:
- move your mouse cursor to the very right, activate the pedal app and check if you have throttle at 100% or not.

- if you have it at 100% do the CPU bug check

- if everything seems right, do a video and post it here. Maybe you are just slow on corner exit (no shame, maybe just a false impression of your skills, happens to all of us at some point) :)
will try it all but my problem is straights on public servers, I'm already half way down the straight and cars catch me and pass me and are gone, I'm thinking to myself are they cheating some how?

Take note of the suggestion about the pedal app, if you are not at 100% full throttle
then every one will overtake you. ( take the mouse pointer to the far right of the screen and
look for the pedal App)
Stay off public servers, you are a premium member, do one of the Assetto Corsa Racing Club & League
Races were you can ask for help on team speak.

Take note of the suggestion about the pedal app, if you are not at 100% full throttle
then every one will overtake you. ( take the mouse pointer to the far right of the screen and
look for the pedal App)
Stay off public servers, you are a premium member, do one of the Assetto Corsa Racing Club & League
Races were you can ask for help on team speak.
Turned on the app and I'm at 100% throttle. Could my issue have been the ping over 200 on those servers?

I started on the sim's back in 2012, an had very few podiums even off line have to my AI on a low settings. Tried various things over the year's with no real success, so now don't worry about it. Just try Wreckfest it's more about survival than winning :)

All it takes is to be just a tiny bit slower applying the throttle coming out of a corner, or taking the corner at a slower speed than the other driver. Every straight is a drag race, pure and simple and all cars equal, the guy that get the "hole shot" has a car that's faster on every part of the straight and gets to the braking zone quicker. It's not sim physics, its the real thing,

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back