all cars are faster than my car

for example there are 20cars qualifying for a race, I get the 10th best time. Once the race starts all cars pull away from me and while in middle of race all cars just blow by me while I'm at top speed. All using same car. What could be my issue?

The guy said Q in P10 and then "blow by me at top speed" in the races....this is likely not a driving issue.

Time your laps with a stopwatch.
Thanks man seems like you get it. Starting to get frustrating for me. I did time myself with stopwatch and it was dead on. I will let myself qualify last on different servers and watch everyone pull away at startup. I should be able to keep up with the pack at least till we get to the first corner then I would understand me falling behind due to maybe not shifting/braking correctly into the corners. I have i7 processor, 1080ti card, 16gigs of ram, 1gig internet speed, getting 100-141 fps in game. I have Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals. I've tried the stock setup plus other setups, plus different cars. Maybe I just need to get many many more hours under my belt. However there is one thing that has happened. When I first setup this equipment 2 months ago and it has happened today, In AC you know when you do the setup wizard for the wheel and pedals, well, when I get to the part when you have to step on the throttle, the wizard doesn't see it, I have to restart the game for the wizard to finally configure the throttle, not sure if that's part of my problem. Anyway I'll keep at it.

online.jpg

Thanks man seems like you get it. Starting to get frustrating for me. I did time myself with stopwatch and it was dead on. I will let myself qualify last on different servers and watch everyone pull away at startup. I should be able to keep up with the pack at least till we get to the first corner then I would understand me falling behind due to maybe not shifting/braking correctly into the corners. I have i7 processor, 1080ti card, 16gigs of ram, 1gig internet speed, getting 100-141 fps in game. I have Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals. I've tried the stock setup plus other setups, plus different cars. Maybe I just need to get many many more hours under my belt. However there is one thing that has happened. When I first setup this equipment 2 months ago and it has happened today, In AC you know when you do the setup wizard for the wheel and pedals, well, when I get to the part when you have to step on the throttle, the wizard doesn't see it, I have to restart the game for the wizard to finally configure the throttle, not sure if that's part of my problem. Anyway I'll keep at it.
Sometimes you have to step on the pedals beforehand, like with my G27 the pedals will register at either 0 or 100% in any game if I don't fully depress them first, and that's hard on traction ;)

My advice for your straight line problems would probably be the following:
A) Try and carry as much speed through the corner as possible and get on the throttle early.
B) Do you use traction control? If so, don't put it at the maximum levels. They greatly limit the exit potential of your car. Useful for tracks like the Nordschleife, pretty bad for some of the others.
C) You said "everyone else" passed you. I doubt ALL of them are cheating.
D) Remember that some racing lines give a better mid-corner speed but a slower top-end speed. Rare but it happens. Judging by how they're all catching up to you, I doubt that's the problem.
E) Could you specify what car are you experiencing this on, and which track? If it's just the start of the race, the launch is very important. Does your car bog down on launch?

Wish you the best of luck in solving your problems :thumbsup:

If you qualified 10th even a really quick driver will struggle to overtake you.

The only time I have had similar experience to you was :-

Not giving 100% throttle. either me or the pedals
Dragging on the bake pedal, either me or the pedals.

You should set the AI to 98% then have a race, with the brake App on the screen.

At Monza.

Then run the replay looking at the brake App.

report back your findings so someone on this site can hone in on the cause.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back