F1 2012 All assists off = all assists off (except when you go off)?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

~cw

RD 2010-2024
Premium
Funny thing this - I noticed when you exceed the track boundaries, instead of being able to light the wheels up on gravel, grass or runoff area cement (and spin the car, as would happen in real life) the game attenuates your throttle input. if you give it full throttle, you can see your driver's leg pumping up and down maniacally, which looks stupid. Also, isn't it completely unrealistic?

And, when you live dangerously and ride the kerbs out of corners, the game to me feels like it's dynamically applying Medium TC to stop you spinning out, even if it's disabled. Sure, once all four wheels are on tarmac you can spin the car round as expected, but I feel like I can keep full throttle through lower speed corners without any fear of spinning.

I have so far only done the driver's tests and one three-lap race so far but it definitely feels 'weird' compared to what I felt was fairly realistic breakaway in 2011. I feel less need to modulate throttle input to stop a spin because the game will do it for me.

And yes, all assists off ;-)

That wasn't my intention, you know, to drive like cocks.

I was pointing out how the activation between the autobrake and track is very narrow.

Spa turn 7, take a little more outside, spin. Exit on turn 9, spin, and Blanchimont's runoff, better call it spin off. :<

And on South Korea, I wasn't talking about running wide there but rather the heavier auto braking it presents. Overshooting the high speed hairpins will almost always lead to a lock, and destroying your rears, but simulating the same thing on an actual track (whether TT or free practice), you're not going to get any lockups.

You just need to slow the **** down. I like trying to be on the edge, but there's a time and place for it. Qually, yes. But, like in real F1, racing is more of an endurance/strategic race than anything. (...) But, either way, it teaches me to keep my car on the track (like a real formula 1 driver would)
Imagine Vettel and Alonso's incidents during this and last years' Italian GP but with that crazy-ass autobraking...
I haven't seen much "slowing the **** down", "endurance racing" or "keeping the car on the track" there.

The guys took all 4 wheels to the track, if it was ingame, they'd just slow to a crawl until they get back.

The problem is when they skirt the two sides quickly
I estimate at least 3/4ths of the car outside triggers the autobrake, here's the catch :
(20 second mark)

If Alonso were to tap the brakes abruptly (autobrake) because he was still turning in , he would be promptly sent spinning because the autobrake activated and then went to the track

Wow. You guys have one example. If I remember rightly, Vettel got a drive through penalty for doing that. That means whatever point you're trying to make is a little meaningless. You think that just in case you're going around the outside and get pushed wide that codemasters should do go back on dealing with cheaters? I've overtaken on that corner around the outside before. 2 wheels on the track. It's a little nervy, but it's fun. If what you're suggesting becomes a reality, then you'd have people braking too late for the next corner, completely missing the chicane.

Not sure if you play with no assists, but if you did you'd probably appreciate that running wide and accelerating hard on grass only worked well for people with traction control on on last years game. If I ran wide, I'd likely spin. It just levels the playing field a bit.

If you get squeezed off the track, that's your bad. I have no problem staying on the road. I'm only annoyed with myself when I get screwed by the autobraking when I go off the track. A harsh penalty system for going off track is totally fine. It's the best improvement from last year imo.

Imagine Vettel and Alonso's incidents during this and last years' Italian GP but with that crazy-ass autobraking...
I haven't seen much "slowing the **** down", "endurance racing" or "keeping the car on the track" there.

And if you're talking about when Vettel did Alonso last year, he had two wheels on track. It only autobrakes when you're off track entirely

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back