AC Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 TT 12 @ Silverstone 67, Tue 20th Feb 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
After failing to get any sort of clean lap around Nords with the V70 tyre and 96% grip I'll switch back to a free tyre choice and 100% grip. This track is hard enough without making it even harder and I want to encourage as many people as possible to enter. If you want a personal challenge then feel free to pick the V70 tyre.

Having just caught up with the threads on this subject, I can see both sides of the debate.
Personally, I like to try to get to as close to realism as I can (using H-Shifting/sequential/paddles/pedal strength as per the car I am in and some cars (as in real life) are much harder to drive than others. If that means I go off or struggle then that's the way it is with that car. Likewise if the car is too easy to drive then we would all be challenging for the lead.
While modern F1 cars are supposed to be much easier to drive than the older generations the G-forces are incredible and modern drivers have to have neck muscles like Mike Tyson to avoid having to retire after a few laps. We don't get those forces in the Sim so have to drive by the seat of our pants feeling we get from the FFB and the visual clues of moving millions of pixels around a screen.
But there is another aspect and something Colin mentions above. Having just started down the road of setting up and hosting races the one thing we need is drivers. We all want someone to race with, so we want to encourage as many drivers as possible to the various events. This means trying to find a balance between making it hard enough to recreate realism while not putting of those of us, (me included) who are lacking in some of the finer skills required to wrestle a 1960/70/80's monster around a tricky circuit.
We are lucky that there are so many choices, not only across other platforms, but even here in the AC Racing club with the mixture of cars/events now available through the week. If that's not enough then there are many other platforms with more challenging race events to chose from (Public servers:confused:) but what makes this club so popular is the well run, rules based, fair racing that you can experience with like minded people and feel like you have had fun while being tested.
There's no magic wand but the organisers here are trying to cater for all and some events will suit some people more than others.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea