AC Alfa GTA Classic @ Magione - 1st March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
So I decided to set up the gear shifter as a dog leg, didn't practice with it before today, what could possibly go wrong......

Start was good until the wheel spin kicked in, Andreas @640er overtook me on the inside. So I kept on the outside and easy in T1. Accelerated hard out of T1 and missed my braking point, punted Andreas @640er off :( Sorry Andreas !!

Gave the position back immediately, got in behind and looked to overtake. Felt I was faster, but I'm so inconsistent, kept gaining 5 tenths and losing 5 tenths in the same lap. plus I didn't want to punt again. Managed to settle down, get into rhythm and passed Andreas going into T3. 7th place !! Would be my best ever result ( I know, only 10 started :D )

Scott Deakin was up the road, too far for me to catch at my pace, had to hope for a freebie, never came.
Andreas couldn't keep, so 7th was looking good, just don't make any mistakes........suddenly Jim told me Han @HF2000 was 5 seconds behind me !! What's he doíng there???

Han is much quicker than me, just needed to hold on for 6 laps, tough but maybe doable........and then with 4 laps to go I decided to downshift into reverse in T1 :mad:

Came home in 8th, disappointed and annoyed, but I still enjoyed the race.
And being an Alfista loved driving the GTA :thumbsup:

Many thanks all for the race !!

Yep false start, It's been too long since I raced with the H-shifter :( :roflmao:
I only just installed a clutch this week, but haven't yet configured it in the AC so I don't think it's possible for me to do a jump start, but I have forgotten to click on the wheel a few times when I got mixed up which countdown was in progress :D

Does the H shifter help much? I'm thinking of getting one (or maybe making one), but more because I like the old cars and it seems more fitting

I qualified in 2nd and got a good start. I think Axel (Edit: Eric I mean) and @Kek700 were scrapping behind me for most of the race which slowed them down and allowed me to build a small gap. Happily, no mistakes from me so I was able to hang on. It felt like a looong 30 minutes though. :roflmao:

Last edited:
I only just installed a clutch this week, but haven't yet configured it in the AC so I don't think it's possible for me to do a jump start, but I have forgotten to click on the wheel a few times when I got mixed up which countdown was in progress :D

Does the H shifter help much? I'm thinking of getting one (or maybe making one), but more because I like the old cars and it seems more fitting

I'm not sure it helps you to go faster as you've a hand off the wheel, but you can change gear and acceleration is quicker than the flappys. It's mainly an immersion thing. Feels weird now if i drive a manual with the flappys.

I think you're right about the H shifter. It just adds to immersion with the old cars. I believe there is a small delay when shifting with paddles in a car that has H-pattern irl, but that's to even things up a bit I reckon. In rF2 somebody using paddles has a distinct advantage. Unless it's me, because I can't drive using paddles. I always get confused and crash. :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks for organizing, congrats to the podium :thumbsup:

Had massive technical issues while setting up my "rig". AC just kept on mixing up my input devices. When I hit throttle, my in-game wheel turned, when I turned my real-life wheel, the car accelerated and so on... Swapping USB ports, restarting over and over.. No idea why this problem occurs from time to time. Even though in CM it shows all inputs correctly. Therefore no practice time or qualifying for me with the expected outcome of coming home dead last :D At least I did not get a blue flag.

I like the circuit, could fit the crazy Ford 34 mod -> Legends

One of the best races I have been in, thank you, everyone for that, had a very good battle with a faster but extremely fair Axel, tried my best to return the favour in every corner giving as much room as I could, but still be competitive.
I know it was not my fault, but the off, I was somewhat upset about it, would have been nice to have run it down to the wire. ( glad the pressure was off though :roflmao: )

Thanks for organizing, congrats to the podium :thumbsup:

Had massive technical issues while setting up my "rig". AC just kept on mixing up my input devices. When I hit throttle, my in-game wheel turned, when I turned my real-life wheel, the car accelerated and so on... Swapping USB ports, restarting over and over.. No idea why this problem occurs from time to time. Even though in CM it shows all inputs correctly. Therefore no practice time or qualifying for me with the expected outcome of coming home dead last :D At least I did not get a blue flag.

I like the circuit, could fit the crazy Ford 34 mod -> Legends

I've had the exact same issue with the controllers. Very annoying!

Solution that worked for me > Check the tick box in CM "Automatically check and fix controllers order before the race". Hope it works for you too. :)

Capture.PNG

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back