Ai Driver swap work around?

AUY2K

25RPM
Jul 24, 2011
I am thinking about purchasing rF2 for single player endurance racing.

I am most interested in the "resume from replay" feature and trying to possibly use this as an ai driver swap option in conjunction with the "toggle ai control"?

As I understand it once you enable the "toggle ai control" there is no way to get back control of the car? If this is so would I be able stop the race at a certain point when the ai has control and then resume the race from the replay under my control?

j_troc_71

100RPM
Premium
Nov 13, 2018
I think I saw this answered on the studio 397 forum. But as long as you haven't changed the button assignment for Ai control, while in a pit stop if you hit the button "I" on your keyboard the AI will take control. Then whenever the AI comes in for a pit stop hit I button again and you will be back in control. You don't have to do this during a pit stop by that seems to be what you are looking for,

davehenrie

250RPM
Jun 4, 2017
I just tested with the 67 Endurance mod, and the AI will pit again when needed for tires and fuel. I was worried they would just drive til they ran dry. I'm not 100% sure all mods/cars will act properly if they do not have correct rcd files.

Reactions: j_troc_71

AUY2K

25RPM
Jul 24, 2011
Well I took the plunge and bought rF2, endurance pack, challenge gt3 pack, and sebring. I will install all this today and try and get everything peripheral wise the way I like it as well. Then hopefully tomorrow do some testing and get some track time in. The plan is to get 12 hours of sebring in on Saturday!