Ai Driver swap work around?

I am thinking about purchasing rF2 for single player endurance racing.

I am most interested in the "resume from replay" feature and trying to possibly use this as an ai driver swap option in conjunction with the "toggle ai control"?

As I understand it once you enable the "toggle ai control" there is no way to get back control of the car? If this is so would I be able stop the race at a certain point when the ai has control and then resume the race from the replay under my control?

I think I saw this answered on the studio 397 forum. But as long as you haven't changed the button assignment for Ai control, while in a pit stop if you hit the button "I" on your keyboard the AI will take control. Then whenever the AI comes in for a pit stop hit I button again and you will be back in control. You don't have to do this during a pit stop by that seems to be what you are looking for,

I just tested with the 67 Endurance mod, and the AI will pit again when needed for tires and fuel. I was worried they would just drive til they ran dry. I'm not 100% sure all mods/cars will act properly if they do not have correct rcd files.

Well I took the plunge and bought rF2, endurance pack, challenge gt3 pack, and sebring. I will install all this today and try and get everything peripheral wise the way I like it as well. Then hopefully tomorrow do some testing and get some track time in. The plan is to get 12 hours of sebring in on Saturday!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%