AI bug?

Hi all. I only use AC for offline sporadic races as I'm not good (and young!) enough to compete and also very time poor. Nevertheless I enjoy a few races against the AI. I've done a few races in the last few days (10 laps races) and noticed that the AI starts to slow down about halfway through the race, but not for diminished performance. It seems that the cars start breaking for slow corners well ahead of the normal breaking point and then accelerate again to slow down again before turning (almost like stuttering). I've noticed it as I was catching them up quite quickly after a few laps after being well and truly behind. I've tried a few cars and tracks, but the issue seems to still be present. If someone wants to give it a go I had a 10 laps race at the Red Bull ring in Austria with the Renault R.S.01. The issue is noticeable at the slow right hander on top of the hill (turn 2). My setting are 90% difficulty (told you I'm slow!) and all the sliders are set to normal. Cheers

the behavior you describe is the normal way for low ai as kunos intended it.
a low ai has more or less the same top speed than a quick one (for the same car, of course). But at the end of a straight line, it brakes sooner then adjusts its speed with a brief action on the gas. Thus it's slower and makes the outbraking easier.
its more or less noticeable depending on the layout of the track, the quality of the AI files and the AI settings.
on the second half of a race, the thing you noticed may happen because of a loss of performance due to the tyre wear or something like that.
its how I understand the stuff for now. Not 100% sure...
nevertheless with most of original tracks and cars, this should not be noticeable with AI set to 95% and more.
could you report some observation about a gt3 race on Monza (AI set at 96%) for instance. Or something...
Ez

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back