After Update, GT3 Braking - Why No Lockup?

I'm enjoying the new update, but after a friend pointed it out to me, I went back and tried the GT3 classes and found he was right. It's impossible to lock up during straight line braking. Why is that? I even tried cars that I'm pretty sure don't have ABS in RL, but it was the same. No matter how hard I stomp the brakes, I can lock them up, even on long straights like Hockenheim.

As people said, the GT3 use ABS and TC. Only GTE's don't have ABS (i don't remember about TC).
They have TC afaik. Makes for good racing. Some sliding into corners and interesting braking zones but nice exits where a contact doesn't necessarily spin you out.

A good traction control is always faster than manual control btw. Like the one in F1 back then :)

I have not checked, but is it possible to set TC and ABS levels while driving?
TC 100% sure!
When you are in the "garage" you can set the TC levels as "xx%" and map a button for level + and -.
Very useful when your tires start to wear down so you apply higher levels to reduce the risk of spinning out.

Not sure about ABS... afaik there is a hotkey for it but I didn't find it as a button that's "mappable" on the wheel!

Huh, I didn't realize they all had ABS. Probably got confused because of some other sim. More than likely AC, which doesn't follow RL rules in restrictions in terms of setups.

That being said, it would still be nice to be able to adjust the level of ABS. I think it's a little too high in R3E right now, at least for my tastes. But, knowing that it's a RL assist for all cars in the class makes more okay with it. Thanks for knowledge!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back