(ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface

Apps (ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface 1.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
g-forces are in there too, yes.

maybe use an alternative?
Basically I want to compare telemetry recorded on track (rental karting, I'll record on an iPhone where I can output CSV files. There also is some tool that should output directly in motec format but they seem for outdoors tracks) to the one in AC. But of course in the real thing I've no access to RPM or pedals, but I do in accelerations. rotations and speed. I'm trying to make my kart and track as accurate as possible.

Last edited:
Will this work with MoTeC v 1.1.5.85 which I already have installed?
Yes.
You might just need to "transform" the acti "workspace" at the first start.
Motec will ask you to do this to make it compatible with the latest version.

The telemetry files will work either way, no matter the Motec version

KLGreene submitted a new resource:

(ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface - (acti) ac telemetry interface (motec output): v1.0.0

Read more about this resource...
Is there any way to add the system clock time to the recorded telemetry information?
I am trying to synch the telemetry data with another data source, and believe that comparing both data streams to the system timeclock would be the easiest way to do so.

The saved telemetry data seems to record the system time to the minute to when the AC session begins, but I have not bee able to determine a way to indicate the time lapse between the session start and the the beginning of the out-lap.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated!

Is there any way to add the system clock time to the recorded telemetry information?
I am trying to synch the telemetry data with another data source, and believe that comparing both data streams to the system timeclock would be the easiest way to do so.

The saved telemetry data seems to record the system time to the minute to when the AC session begins, but I have not bee able to determine a way to indicate the time lapse between the session start and the the beginning of the out-lap.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated!

I started getting messages as the following:

>>> UDP2 ERROR, type='ascii' codec can't encode character '\uf960' in position 0: ordinal not in range (128)
I just installed and encountered the same issue. It looks like it's related to/the same problem as the Unicode decode error mentioned in the readme file in the \Documents\acti folder:
If the in-game ACTI Trigger Control is unable to launch ACTI due to a "Unicode Decode Error", you need to manually specify the system text encoding. You can do this by opening a command prompt, typing in "chcp" [Enter] and writing the provided value in the ACTI Trigger Control config.ini next to "text_encoding_override" (the number value should be preceded by "cp").
The config.ini file is in your assettocorsa\apps\python\acti folder, and you should enter the value as cp### (no space between cp and the number you put in).

Hope that fixes it for you too!

Yeah, I get that, I already have my own python motec writer, and the socket connection is no big deal. I'm just trying to understand how the original ACTI tool was getting so much more data than I can see being sent through the udp socket. I ended up sending a big chunk of static data right after the trigger handshake for mine, and many more values through the udp socket in the acUpdate call.
Anyway, like I said, it's not a real issue, it just makes me doubt my sanity when I look at the code compared to what I get out of the original tool.
Hi, did you manage to get all channels you wanted and write ld files ? Somewhat replacing acti and its exe converter ?
Would really add some channels into motec, some specific per car (lua phys), and if possible add some static channel/info with car setup.

Yeah, I get that, I already have my own python motec writer, and the socket connection is no big deal. I'm just trying to understand how the original ACTI tool was getting so much more data than I can see being sent through the udp socket. I ended up sending a big chunk of static data right after the trigger handshake for mine, and many more values through the udp socket in the acUpdate call.
Anyway, like I said, it's not a real issue, it just makes me doubt my sanity when I look at the code compared to what I get out of the original tool.
I gather you know the ld file format and can write ld file from Python? Could you share that info so that I can get the data out of ld files? I would like to post process the ld data before using it in Motec i2 --> see this post for what I am trying to do.

Hi, I've look into code and can't find where file path is set. I guess it's into the asciitomotec exe then. Any way to change the path where files are stored into /telem ? Would like to make like telem/car1/track1/, telem/car2/track1/ etc

Wonderfull tool but shame not maintained anymore and closed source.

I gather you know the ld file format and can write ld file from Python? Could you share that info so that I can get the data out of ld files? I would like to post process the ld data before using it in Motec i2 --> see this post for what I am trying to do.
I started with the code from ldparser ( https://github.com/gotzl/ldparser ), and updated it so that motec could actually read the files from it's write method. I've been reticent to share my updates, not knowing how motec responds to reverse engineering their proprietary format, and being rather risk-averse...

Love the app, spent quite a few hours last night troubleshooting and wanted to document the solution I found.

Problem
  • UDP2 ERROR, type='ascii' codec can't encode character '\(letter, letter, number, number number)' in position 0: ordinal not in range (128)
  • It would create a telemetry folder for the car/track but there would be no files in the folder
  • Everything else appeared to be operating the way it should. It would connect, accept triggers, run the ascii to motec exe and all that

Solution
All I had to do was remove the [brackets] in my name

Hello I have run into a kind of unusual error with acti. It was working fine for me but after I did 3 laps on the Nordschleife in online, somehow acti doesnt create any telemetry files anymore.
It does work in singleplayer though.
Everything works as usual though, it is connected, it starts actii_to_motec.exe but after that nothing happens anymore.
I then tried deleting the car specific folder in telem and I can see it creates it again after completing my lap and acti doing it's thing.
For now I am without any solution for it and kind of confused. Even more because it was working before.
When I look into the actii_to_motec.log file it shows the lines:

>>> INFO : ascii_to_motec converter v1.0.0 written by Latch Dimitrov - Oct 2014
>>> INFO : Starting converter with loglevel = 3
>>> ERROR : Aborting program! Line #: 185 , Filename: ascii_to_motec.cpp

Is there anyone who could know the reason for it to suddenly stop working on an online server? ( Note it does work in singleplayer as mentioned )

Can someone help me setting this up? Still popping this error or not recording any data.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2024-03-24 030244.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2024-03-24 030244.png
    639.3 KB · Views: 14

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering