ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Doug.
Quick question, currently I'm not using ACC companion with new ACC update 1.8
Basically because I don't know what has changed in shared memory and I don't want to mess my database with unwanted results. Did you check it already ? Is it ok to use it or is it better to wait for an updated ACCR ?
It should be ok to run the existing version. There are no breaking changes in shared memory. The new BMW will show as an unknown car. When I put out an update, if should recognise any existing sessions with the BMW.

As I mentioned in the ACC Forum, I’ll also add the 2021 tracks so you can partition results

Hi Doug,

just two questions.

I just compared one race result with the result in the tool. Are those gap values also comming directly from ACC or is there maybe some rounding / calculating issue at the code?

1637877573680.png

Is there some value in the json export which gives the overall time of the first car?
"totalTime" seems not to represent the overall time of the first car. In my example ACC say 11:53.435 and "totalTime": 747550 which would be converted 12:27.550.

Greetz

Hi Doug,

just two questions.

I just compared one race result with the result in the tool. Are those gap values also comming directly from ACC or is there maybe some rounding / calculating issue at the code?

View attachment 520219

Is there some value in the json export which gives the overall time of the first car?
"totalTime" seems not to represent the overall time of the first car. In my example ACC say 11:53.435 and "totalTime": 747550 which would be converted 12:27.550.

Greetz
Hi,
The gaps don't match and this is intentional. From what I can work out, the ACC gaps are theoretical gaps forward - ie at a given point, it gets the actual distance to the car in front and then calculates the approximate time for you to reach that point based on your speed (I could be completely wrong here). ARC however, timestamps each car crossing the line and calculates the actual gap. Mostly the discrepancy to ACC is only a tenth or two but sometimes you can get much bigger (eg if a car stops immediately after the line). Also, very occasionally ACC will have the position order incorrect if cars are very close (I had to validate this with replays)

EDIT: The totalTime is the time of the last car to finish the race on the same lap as the leader. I think I've got enough info available at the time of the session writing to store the leader time as the totalTime.

As a side note, the calculated times are only accurate to generally 1/10th (or whatever the broadcast interval you use in settings) plus the random latency times in the broadcast interface (as lap completed events are async). This applies to total times and gaps IIRC

Totaltime is a bit funky. For hotstints (which is really what I designed it for) it should be the sum of the lap times (and therefore match the hot stint time in ACC). For races it falls apart, partly because the first lap has arbitrary time added to the first sector and the other cars are going to affect the time (I can't remember off the top of my head, but it might be the race time of the lead car). I suspect ACC is just totalling the lap times from crossing the start line to crossing the finish time (ignoring formation lap time). I think I calculated the line cross times internally, but I don't think I'm storing it and certainly am not exposing it in the export. I'll have a look at revisiting the total time to see if I can make it meaningful in all sessions

Last edited:
Hi,
The gaps don't match and this is intentional. From what I can work out, the ACC gaps are theoretical gaps forward - ie at a given point, it gets the actual distance to the car in front and then calculates the approximate time for you to reach that point based on your speed (I could be completely wrong here). ARC however, timestamps each car crossing the line and calculates the actual gap. Mostly the discrepancy to ACC is only a tenth or two but sometimes you can get much bigger (eg if a car stops immediately after the line). Also, very occasionally ACC will have the position order incorrect if cars are very close (I had to validate this with replays)

EDIT: The totalTime is the time of the last car to finish the race on the same lap as the leader. I think I've got enough info available at the time of the session writing to store the leader time as the totalTime.

As a side note, the calculated times are only accurate to generally 1/10th (or whatever the broadcast interval you use in settings) plus the random latency times in the broadcast interface (as lap completed events are async). This applies to total times and gaps IIRC

Totaltime is a bit funky. For hotstints (which is really what I designed it for) it should be the sum of the lap times (and therefore match the hot stint time in ACC). For races it falls apart, partly because the first lap has arbitrary time added to the first sector and the other cars are going to affect the time (I can't remember off the top of my head, but it might be the race time of the lead car). I suspect ACC is just totalling the lap times from crossing the start line to crossing the finish time (ignoring formation lap time). I think I calculated the line cross times internally, but I don't think I'm storing it and certainly am not exposing it in the export. I'll have a look at revisiting the total time to see if I can make it meaningful in all sessions
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I wasn't aware of the broadcast intervall and so on. I now better understand the minimal time differences. I use your json export to write the race data in a sql database and then show the race results on a website (python flask).

What I really missing is the overall time of the first car. At the moment I make the sum of all laptimes (per driver) and print the result for the leader. I do this for every position and calculating the gap. But as you said, there are some broken informations about round 1, therfore it could be that Position 5 driver has a better time than the race winner for example hehe

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I wasn't aware of the broadcast intervall and so on. I now better understand the minimal time differences. I use your json export to write the race data in a sql database and then show the race results on a website (python flask).

What I really missing is the overall time of the first car. At the moment I make the sum of all laptimes (per driver) and print the result for the leader. I do this for every position and calculating the gap. But as you said, there are some broken informations about round 1, therfore it could be that Position 5 driver has a better time than the race winner for example hehe
Yes..I found it and it was a stupid bug just assuming 1 car. I'm just testing a fix now

EDIT: Fixed in 1.13.12

Last edited:
Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.13.12

• ACC 1.8 : Add BMW M4 GT3 (including ECU map analysis)
  • ACC 1.8: Add 2021 tracks (2021 tracks now default if DHE tyres detected)
  • BUGFIX: Session total time was finish time of last car on same lap as leader - Now leader time
  • New optional fields on lap (accurate only to broadcast interval plus broadcast latency...eg 1/10 second for broadcast interval of 100)
    • Lap 0 timestamp (offset from leader car crosses start line on lap zero)
    • Real timestamp (calculated...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Doug,
as the ACC 1.8 update seems to change laptimes and i used ACC Results Companion only for "fun" purposes till now, i'd like to clean my database and start from scratch. Is there a way inside the application or do i have to uninstall it and delete the corresponding folders?
Regards Nicolas

I think there is no real need for that. In Multiplayer all tracks are now marked as (2021), so you can filter them easily for your best times or fuel consumption :thumbsup:

Btw, just a minor thing: The automatically created desktop shortcut is named "ACCResults.exe". Since I prefer it without the ".exe" I renamed it once, but now I have to delete the new one with the exe in its name after each update.

Hi Doug,
as the ACC 1.8 update seems to change laptimes and i used ACC Results Companion only for "fun" purposes till now, i'd like to clean my database and start from scratch. Is there a way inside the application or do i have to uninstall it and delete the corresponding folders?
Regards Nicolas
Hi Nicolas,
You have three options really:
  • As @omg.imba says, new times default to 2021 tracks (mostly), so you could use that to differentiate
  • If you really do want to start from scratch, delete of rename the database ( <Documents>\ACCResults\ACCResults.DB ) - a new database will be created the next time ARC starts
  • You could rename the <Documents>\ACCResults folder, then activate User Profiles...Create a default profile to hold the new results ( pointing to <Documents>\ACCResults ) and another profile pointing to your old folder. Then you could still see your old times separately if you wanted to. This is documented in the help (press F1) under the heading User Profiles

I think there is no real need for that. In Multiplayer all tracks are now marked as (2021), so you can filter them easily for your best times or fuel consumption :thumbsup:

Btw, just a minor thing: The automatically created desktop shortcut is named "ACCResults.exe". Since I prefer it without the ".exe" I renamed it once, but now I have to delete the new one with the exe in its name after each update.
I wasn't aware to installer created a desktop shortcut! I've just found where it does it, so I can rename this.

In fact I'll see if I can make the shortcut optional (I hate things on my desktop personally)

Is there an issue with leaderboard updates at the moment? I wanted to check if some more post1.8 entries are in the boards, but my ARC is stuck at "Downloading 0 of 4892 Leaderboard Records".
The logfile contains these rows from 3 minutes ago:
[0000000C-002|001] 2021-12-04 13:02:44 DEBUG ARCGoogleDrive.GetAllLeaderboardUpdatesThread : Found 4892 leaderboard files
[0000000C-002|001] 2021-12-04 13:02:44 INFO ARCGoogleDrive.GetAllLeaderboardUpdatesThread : Pausing leaderboard download - committing entries received so far
[0000000C-002|001] 2021-12-04 13:02:44 INFO ARCGoogleDrive.GetAllLeaderboardUpdatesThread : 0 leaderboards found of which 0 have been updated
Other than that, the log only gets filled by "WARNING ACCUdpRemoteClient.MoveNext : Socket Exception receiving and processing message", which probably is ARC trying to connect to ACC (and ACC isnt running).

ACC Results Companion V1.13.13 Released

Brake Temperatures

Brake temperatures and compounds are now records in the laps and also in the post session tyre set dialog. On laps, the average temperature for the lap is displayed

Font Contrast Adjustment
To re-cap, the colour of the font is chosen (black or white) to contrast with the background colour of a heatmap. On dark blues (as in very cold brakes), this didn't work too well as pure blue is much darker than pure red or green. Therefore in a addition to overall font contrast, you can tune the weighting for each colour (here the weight for blue is reduced, to ensure a white font displays on blue)
1638626910417.png

Fuel Widget
Think of this one as a proof of concept. The idea is to show an overlay of fuel required and so on, so you don't have to switch to ARC to find the figures. This is not a true overlay so only really works properly if ACC is not full screen - ie

1638627074972.png

If you can't live with this restriction, then the fuel widget isn't for you. Maybe at some point in the future, I'll look at doing a proper overlay in DirectX or whatever.

The fuel overlay is activated as follows.

1638627319161.png

The fuel overlay will now be display when in a race.
1638627391307.png

The widget can be dragged around the screen and its position will be saved. Close the widget using the close (X) button, which will turn off the Show fuel widget option.

The reduce performance impact, fuel usage statistics and average lap time (both used to estimate the required fuel) are only calculated at the start of the session. If no fuel statistics or lap times are available, estimates may not be available for the first session with the car/track combination.
1638627467642.png

1638627479680.png

Is there an issue with leaderboard updates at the moment? I wanted to check if some more post1.8 entries are in the boards, but my ARC is stuck at "Downloading 0 of 4892 Leaderboard Records".
The logfile contains these rows from 3 minutes ago:

Other than that, the log only gets filled by "WARNING ACCUdpRemoteClient.MoveNext : Socket Exception receiving and processing message", which probably is ARC trying to connect to ACC (and ACC isnt running).
Normally, the pause message comes when you right click on the leaderboard download progress bar and select pause. It will also pause when you start a race. It should resume after races - I'll check if that still works

If all else fails, try restarting ARC...that should reset the download

To everybody, don't forget to play with new Font Colour Contrast if, as it was on my side, some tabs are blank.
Default values was white text over white background :)

Same problem for me. The font color remain white with every position of the Font Colour Contrast slider.

Any solution?

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem. I'm sure it's something obvious but I don't see what position the slider needs to be to get text to display. Oddly, text I select and then deselect remains visible.
Screenshot 2021-12-05 200544.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea