ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yea that one, not sure why it shows up as Qualifying either and what happened with the second qualifying session.
They did swap to me at the end of the quali, so that might be why it shows the second qualifying session with 26 seconds duration.
1634929165978.png

It looks like the session change wasn't detected going from practice to qualifying - I need to look into why this was. Basically when the new laps were seen (with lap numbers less than those in memory, it discarded all the old ones)

It looks like the 1st qualifying session was correct - all Max's times match up (one lap completed event was not sent by ACC for lap 6, but that's not significant)

1634929210434.png

The 2nd host qualifying session just dumped the last lap of everyone from qualifying - it looks like the session change conditions occurred twice making ARC thing this was a new session.

Anyway, I've still got a bit more to look into. I'll keep you posted

View attachment 512243
It looks like the session change wasn't detected going from practice to qualifying - I need to look into why this was. Basically when the new laps were seen (with lap numbers less than those in memory, it discarded all the old ones)

It looks like the 1st qualifying session was correct - all Max's times match up (one lap completed event was not sent by ACC for lap 6, but that's not significant)

View attachment 512244

The 2nd host qualifying session just dumped the last lap of everyone from qualifying - it looks like the session change conditions occurred twice making ARC thing this was a new session.

Anyway, I've still got a bit more to look into. I'll keep you posted
Right, I see what is happening. I use shared memory to detect when a new session starts (because you can't use broadcast, as a broadcast session isn't available until the session is started...a bit of a chicken and egg situation). However, cunningly if you aren't the current driver, then shared memory isn't updated so session detection won't work that way. Sometimes I think Kunos just enjoy making things difficult.

I'll have to figure out yet another way to detect new sessions which isn't going to break the variety of other ways I need to use

Yea that one, not sure why it shows up as Qualifying either and what happened with the second qualifying session.
They did swap to me at the end of the quali, so that might be why it shows the second qualifying session with 26 seconds duration.
Can you try 1.13.11. I've adding an extra condition for detecting session changes when you are not the active driver.

Regarding the extra qualifying session with one repeated lap - I don't think I can do much about that. Looking back through my notes, that was an occasional side effect of supporting multiple team drivers - there's not enough information to definitively determine a session change, so I had to have some speculative logic that would occasionally give these ghost sessions

Last edited:
what a great tool! Using it since a few weeks and it's really nice! The only thing I recognized is, that it get's slower over time with more data. Scrolling get's a bit jerky and it loading times are a bit longer. I suppose that the SQLite is responsible for this? Or is this more a GUI-type of topic?

And will there be a way to backup/export the data and restore/import it in future?

Nice work, just donated some coffees ;-)

what a great tool! Using it since a few weeks and it's really nice! The only thing I recognized is, that it get's slower over time with more data. Scrolling get's a bit jerky and it loading times are a bit longer. I suppose that the SQLite is responsible for this? Or is this more a GUI-type of topic?

And will there be a way to backup/export the data and restore/import it in future?

Nice work, just donated some coffees ;-)
Given the amount of data ARC harvests, it will slow down to some extent over time, however, I'm trying to keep this within tolerable limits

I think I've eliminated most of the SQLite bottlenecks (mainly due to inefficient queries). I think all queries should now be sub-second.

There are two limits which are GUI related
  • Screen initialisation - just because there are so many objects on the screen, it can take a few seconds to initialise a page the first time it is displayed. Once initialised, it should be quicker swapping between pages
  • All the list view controls. These slow down with the data displayed. You'll see this being the worst in the leaderboards page, particular for a popular track like Monza where there are nearly 11000 rows, but this should only take a few seconds. If you hide columns you are not interested in, then rendering is quicker
On start-up, the app does various housekeeping tasks, making sure the database is in a good state and looking for and applying updates. Periodically (I think the default is once a month) it will perform database maintenance on start up (which can take a few minutes). You can adjust this in the settings page. Needless to say, the app will be quicker on an SDD than a HDD. Normally start up should only take about 10 seconds

If you opt in to the global ARC leaderboards, these can take a long time to download the first time (up to an hour given the number of people taking part). This can slow down the app while this is in progress. Note this pauses when you start a race. You can also manually pause it - see the help (F1) and search for Pausing Leaderboards.

If you experience slow downs (when the leaderboard update is not in progress), then let me know the specific problem, and I can look into it.

Finally, every session is backed up to a file (see the backups tab) - these can be re-imported if required. All the data is permanently stored in a database (see Backing up data in the help file). This database should regularly be backed up (or for ease it should be on a constantly synchronized folder such as OneDrive).

Finally, many thanks for the donation - it is much appreciated

HI,
Everytime I try to use the automatic update function of ACC RC, soon after the install finishes, Kaspersky detect a trojan in a .msi file somewhere in ones of the Windows/*/config/ folders (cannot find which in Kaspersky log) and ask to clean the PC and restart, after that ACC RC (at least the executable) is removed. Something odd or to worry about here?
Thanks,
Hervé
Hi Hervé,
Just coming back to this point. Iko Rein pointed out on the Kunos forums that some AV tools flag the method that ACC uses in the sample to read shared memory - specifically GetAsyncKeyState(). Some AV tools detect this as a potential key logger. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystroke_logging if you're interested.

I don't use that API directly, but instead I use .NET MemoryMappedFileAccessor to read shared memory - it's a bit of a guess, but if this .NET class uses GetAsyncKeyState then this could be a reason why Kaspersky thinks it is a potential key logger.

Now unless Kaspersky whitelists ARC (probably unlikely as it is too small) or improves it's algorithm to prevent false positives, this doesn't fix the issue, but at least it should go some way to explaining it

Last edited:
Hello Doug,

I still like your tool very much. For me personally the best little helper out there for ACC!

Do you plan on implementing some simple "live helpers" to have some additional info during runtime... like:
- the last 5 laps with consumption, pressures, sector times and so on...
- maybe an external track map

Thanks in advance.

Greets

Last edited:
Hello Doug,

I still like your tool very much. For me personally the best little helper out there for ACC!

Do you plan on implementing some simple "live helpers" to have some additional info during runtime... like:
- the last 5 laps with consumption, pressures, sector times and so on...
- maybe an external track map

Thanks in advance.

Greets
That is a possibility but I’d have to find a good way of implementing a game overlay. The way I do the summary pop up is a bit of a bodge and won’t really work during a race. I’ll have a play around and see if it is feasible

I think initially it does not have to be a fancy, half-transparent thing. A simple window may be sufficiebt for the first step. I personally have an additional screen where I could pzt that window. I think there are some others out there with additonal screens. For the guys with single screen it would maybe not look good, but in the right position in front of acc it could also help.

Greets

I think initially it does not have to be a fancy, half-transparent thing. A simple window may be sufficiebt for the first step. I personally have an additional screen where I could pzt that window. I think there are some others out there with additonal screens. For the guys with single screen it would maybe not look good, but in the right position in front of acc it could also help.

Greets
If I start initially for users with a second screen makes it a lot easier. The tricky bit comes if I try and create an overlay on top of ACC - ACC frequently issues “show as topmost” events

Hi Doug. Firstly what a great tool. Just getting to grips with it. I have a question about the tyre pressure columns on the sessions page. Are these based on average pressure for the lap?

I’m out of town at the moment so can’t check the code, but IIRC I made a change some time ago so the lap pressures are average over the lap. The tyres dialog gives starting/max/min and average pressures over the whole race (or the life of the tyre if there is a pit stop)
Hi Doug. Firstly what a great tool. Just getting to grips with it. I have a question about the tyre pressure columns on the sessions page. Are these based on average pressure for the la

Hey,

maybe it was discussed earlier but can you explain why there are so different lap times within the first round?
Why does driver 1 need 5 minutes while driver 2 needs only 2 minutes and driver 3 needs 6 minutes and so on.
Is there some option flag which I should use to avoid this behavior?
2021-11-18 21_10_54-Window.png

In some races sector 1 is completely missing.

Kind regards

Hey,

maybe it was discussed earlier but can you explain why there are so different lap times within the first round?
Why does driver 1 need 5 minutes while driver 2 needs only 2 minutes and driver 3 needs 6 minutes and so on.
Is there some option flag which I should use to avoid this behavior?
View attachment 518556

In some races sector 1 is completely missing.

Kind regards
This is just one of those ACC features. I take lap and sector times direct from ACC. I’ve previously tried to work out what lap 1 sector times mean but have long ago given up. Maybe it is the time from joining to the end of sector 1, but I’m not too sure. And yes, sometimes ACC doesn’t supply lap 1 sector times ( usually sector 1 but sometimes sector 2).
In short, there’s nothing I can do here as it is the source data that supplies these values

This is just one of those ACC features. I take lap and sector times direct from ACC. I’ve previously tried to work out what lap 1 sector times mean but have long ago given up. Maybe it is the time from joining to the end of sector 1, but I’m not too sure. And yes, sometimes ACC doesn’t supply lap 1 sector times ( usually sector 1 but sometimes sector 2).
In short, there’s nothing I can do here as it is the source data that supplies these values
Hi Doug,

okay understood ;(. Keep pushing, nice project.

Kind regards

well... it shows green in the HUD from about 250°C to 750°C, I think... this is just a good guess, unfortunately there is no proper documentation afaik. Also I don't know if this is optimum for all the 4 brake types...

Hi Doug.
Quick question, currently I'm not using ACC companion with new ACC update 1.8
Basically because I don't know what has changed in shared memory and I don't want to mess my database with unwanted results. Did you check it already ? Is it ok to use it or is it better to wait for an updated ACCR ?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.