ACC Race Control

Misc ACC Race Control v1.5.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yes, that is definitelly planned.
But doing it well is difficult because you want the program to be somewhat intelligent with who the broadcast is focusing on.
You should talk with Giacomo Vannucci. He started something a few months ago (video on the reddit link below). We tried it and it works great, when it works. It has some bugs, but it would be a start in the right direction I believe.

You can see his email at the beginning of the video.

Last edited:
Hello Lenny.

Firstly, thankyou so much for the tool. Its great. Is it still being working on at all?

We've been using this on a 50 car gridded league, and although great, few suggestions or improvements from a live user. Are any of these possible?

• Car manufacturer on broadcast tab
  • Number of pitstops made on broadcast tab
  • ability to go back to live from a replay via a button, rather than waiting for timer to finish
  • Incidents tab to include cars leaving the circuit to try and find any spins/accidents.

I haven't been able to get the results to upload to sheets yet, will be my error. But I still have the log file. Is there any way this can be loaded into anything after the race to find all of the contacts etc?

Thankyou.
Marc.

Firstly, thankyou so much for the tool. Its great. Is it still being working on at all?
Yes!

1) Manufacturer and pitstops and other stats are comming with the next update.
2) Sadly the game doesnt allow to cancel a replay so im afraid thats not going to be a thing.
3) Cars going offtrack probably not but spins are possible. Not in the next update but after that maybe.
4) There is an option to export the incidents in the next update as a text file.

If you need help with your google sheet stuff let me know!

LennyS updated ACC Race Control with a new update entry:

Release v1.3.0

Changes:
  • UI changes (replce the tabs with a menu on the left hand side).
    • All menu items are now detachable by clicking on them with the mouse wheel.
  • Changes to the live timing tab.
    • I now the "Live Timing" item in the menu.
    • Added multiple views to the live timing table to give different data.
      • Two views focused on qualifying.
      • One view focused on the race.
      • One view focused on miscellaneous statistics.
      • One view focused on the driver...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello Lenny,

Not sure if this is even possible, but would it be able to pull down data from the google sheet and display it in a browser source for broadcasters to use, please?

Happy to let you know "how" to do it as we've been working on something ourselves but not in java, so let me know and I can let you know the means on how to do it and you can do whatever you need to to make it work in java. :)

Also, in the latest update, is there a way to see "live qualifying times", similar to how it works in F1, where you can see the current sector time the drivers are on and previous sectors with purple/red/green/grey dependant on if they're "up" or down.

I have to say, this app has come on leaps and bounds since I first got that copy all those months ago, so credit to you!

Cheers,
Terry

Last edited:
Hello Lenny,

Not sure if this is even possible, but would it be able to pull down data from the google sheet and display it in a browser source for broadcasters to use, please?

Happy to let you know "how" to do it as we've been working on something ourselves but not in java, so let me know and I can let you know the means on how to do it and you can do whatever you need to to make it work in java. :)

Also, in the latest update, is there a way to see "live qualifying times", similar to how it works in F1, where you can see the current sector time the drivers are on and previous sectors with purple/red/green/grey dependant on if they're "up" or down.

I have to say, this app has come on leaps and bounds since I first got that copy all those months ago, so credit to you!

Cheers,
Terry
I'm not planing on doing something like the browser source right now. It would probably be easiest to setup a local or hosted website to pull data from the spreadsheet directly and display it in whatever way you like. No need to do it through Race control really.

As for the live sector times.
I have tried something like that but it doesnt really work out. The game does not know the current sector time so i have to measure them manually. However with lag and latencies and all that it isnt really possible to measure the sector times accurately.
It didnt really make sense to give you access to data that is just going to be wrong.

Maybe i can improve my method a bit more but i am not very confident its going to make a difference.

I'm not planing on doing something like the browser source right now. It would probably be easiest to setup a local or hosted website to pull data from the spreadsheet directly and display it in whatever way you like. No need to do it through Race control really.

As for the live sector times.
I have tried something like that but it doesnt really work out. The game does not know the current sector time so i have to measure them manually. However with lag and latencies and all that it isnt really possible to measure the sector times accurately.
It didnt really make sense to give you access to data that is just going to be wrong.

Maybe i can improve my method a bit more but i am not very confident its going to make a difference.
Ah I see, that's completely understandable.

Thank you for the reply either way and for letting us know that it's not possible in terms of live sector times!

Again, great application!

How does one use the virtual safety car? I see the menu, that’s not what I mean. I mean I have league races running in a remote dedicated server. Can this affect what happens on a remote server?

How does one use the virtual safety car? I see the menu, that’s not what I mean. I mean I have league races running in a remote dedicated server. Can this affect what happens on a remote server?
No it cannot affect what is happening on the server.

The VSC function can only monitor the speed of the cars to see if anyone violated the speed limit.
It is up to you how you want to comunicate the start and end of a VSC period with your drivers.

You can do it via the ingame text chat or maybe using a discord voice that.
Up to you.

No it cannot affect what is happening on the server.

The VSC function can only monitor the speed of the cars to see if anyone violated the speed limit.
It is up to you how you want to comunicate the start and end of a VSC period with your drivers.

You can do it via the ingame text chat or maybe using a discord voice that.
Up to you.
Very cool idea. Thanks for the explanation!

Can you still drive in a race with this tool being activated? Like competetive racing on a server in a league or will this be disabled because of the broadcasting API or something else?

Can you still drive in a race with this tool being activated? Like competetive racing on a server in a league or will this be disabled because of the broadcasting API or something else?
you can drive and have Race Control running at the same time no problem.
We do it quite often in my league.

Hi @LennyS
Great work! Thank you a lot for app. The only question is if it possible to connect to more than one game client? If not, do you planning to add this feature?
What do you mean exactly?

Do you mean multiple instances of Race Control and one game?
Then yes. No problem.

Do you mean one instance of race control and multiple instances of the game?
Then no.

I’m not sure what i missed but I can’t get broadcast control to do anything. I click on HUD, Camera, a particular driver, or the replay options but nothing happens. is this not supposed to communicare with the game and change things acordingly?

I’m not sure what i missed but I can’t get broadcast control to do anything. I click on HUD, Camera, a particular driver, or the replay options but nothing happens. is this not supposed to communicare with the game and change things acordingly?
Hm that is weird, did the application freeze?
If you can, zip up the log folder and send it to me in a DM so i can have a look at it.

Hm that is weird, did the application freeze?
If you can, zip up the log folder and send it to me in a DM so i can have a look at it.
I don’t think it froze; the timing info was all being updated in real time. It just would not change cars or cameras no matter what I clicked on. What is interesting is if I changed cars or cameras in game, Race Control would show the changes.

Hey Lenny, thx for this lovely tool, but a mate and I tried to run the app while also streaming. Both of us suffered a huge network limitation. as soon as we closed the app, upload was fine again. Any idea how to fix or what could have caused that?
Short info what was running while that appeared:
ACC
Second Monitor (Laptimes/Pitboards)
OBS for the Stream
Discord
and then RaceControl by you

If i can help you with further details just hit me up

Hey Lenny, thx for this lovely tool, but a mate and I tried to run the app while also streaming. Both of us suffered a huge network limitation. as soon as we closed the app, upload was fine again. Any idea how to fix or what could have caused that?
Short info what was running while that appeared:
ACC
Second Monitor (Laptimes/Pitboards)
OBS for the Stream
Discord
and then RaceControl by you

If i can help you with further details just hit me up
i cant say that i have tired streaming but i can have a look if i can reproduce your problem.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 1 3.6%