ACC Race Club Round-Up | October 2019: Bigger Grids, Close Gaps

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
Premium
@Dirk Steffen
It's the same old story for us southern hemispherians mate, which was another reason why I pulled the pin on sim racing, the timezone difference to the US and the EU will always be a hindrance and the RD AU club guys run rF2 or AMS which I don't enjoy as much as AC or ACC, sadly I don't see anything changing in the future to cater for our timezone. So how have ya been, hope all is well? Ive missed the rivalry and the banter tbh.
Hey there ;-)
We were missing you badly in the bumper car driving we did now and again.
I hope you'll show up once in a while if not only for the chat and verbal abuse of the people who deserve is most, such as @Bobby Pennington or @Celtic Pharaoh - even The Birdman aka @Allan Ramsbottom shows up now and then, fluffing his feathers (but still not man enough to take on The Battle He Knows The German Will ALWAYS Win).
I have been in a people production business since you left and am in preparation to train The Perfect Secret Racing Weapon to beat the Ozzy thread next time you show ;-) so don't be shy and show up some time!
Currently action is a bit slow though as many of the old offenders are either out of commission (The Chancer having taken on a stuntman roll in the latest Jackass movie in man vs. ocean ... the ocean won and The Ambassador is mostly chasing skirts these days, his sex addiction specializing in sorority girls having taken the better of him, so he signed up for university again ... you can't beat a man's weak will as you know best).

The racing clubs run entirely on volunteers, like the entire site on that note, if you have the time to consistently host a race a week (on our servers ofcourse) feel free to reach out and maybe we could be looking into an AU-based race club.
I am fully aware of how the RD events are organized.
What I was asking was:
How about altering event times slightly
... meaning shifting the event times on none or two days a week away from the always static EU only focused times (happening here usually in the 0200 - 0300am starting time).

Times could be shifted on some days 2 hours forward or backward to allow those paying members for whom there are no more premium races to at least have a chance to get one or two events at RD in a month rather than absolutely nothing.

I am sure on those one or two days a week even most of the EU guys are happy to still race. Imagine all the EU events would run at 0200 or 0300am starting time - barely anyone who has a family and a job could make it to race, right?

Ricoow

Assetto Corsa Competizione Club Staff
Staff
Premium
I am fully aware of how the RD events are organized.
What I was asking was:
... meaning shifting the event times on none or two days a week away from the always static EU only focused times (happening here usually in the 0200 - 0300am starting time).

Times could be shifted on some days 2 hours forward or backward to allow those paying members for whom there are no more premium races to at least have a chance to get one or two events at RD in a month rather than absolutely nothing.

I am sure on those one or two days a week even most of the EU guys are happy to still race. Imagine all the EU events would run at 0200 or 0300am starting time - barely anyone who has a family and a job could make it to race, right?
I get your point but I would have to disappoint you for a multitude of reasons:
Most important one, I simply can't make those times. Hard to host them when I am not around. As said, I am a volunteer too

We've used different times in the past (past being years ago, not ACC club), and that causes confusion, people missing out as they 'were used to time X', 'thought I read time Y' and suddenly it is different.

The starting times used now have historically proven to cater the biggest part of the European timezone. Going later becomes too late for East Europe and going earlier is too early for West of it.

This is the main reason we host in specified timezones, maximizing the amount of members that can participate. I am fully aware that it might not be achievable for US/AU based members, hence my proposition to you to step up yourself or find somebody to step up and host an AU/Asia based club.

Serge.M

100RPM
With regards to the back marker thing, because Blancpain runs different driver category’s for Pro, Pro AM, etc we are running a qualifying server with static conditions to split drivers, this way no matter what your pace is you will still be racing for a class win with someone. Can see the split on the quali page here for those interested: http://stevehasadomain.com/leaderboard.php?forum=false

Top Bottom