ACC Race Club Round-Up | October 2019: Bigger Grids, Close Gaps

Ricoow

Premium
The latest update from our ever growing Assetto Corsa Competizione racing club is here!

October is gone and what a month it has been for Assetto Corsa Competizione and the RaceDepartment Race Club! V1.1 was released on October 23rd, bringing 6 new cars and the Zandvoort circuit along with a multitude of new liveries for the 2019 season.

Not only ACC brought new stuff to the table, with the RD Race Club we've had our first ever (test) event using the driver swap functionality! 14 of our members took the journey on October 20th and teamed up to form seven teams and battle it out on the Nurburgring. Despite some issues a few of our users have faced, the race itself brought some good battles with @Vlad Zap and @Daniel Monteiro turning out to be the quickest (or facing the least issues) and winning this very first test event. We are going to test this again on November 10th with the new V1.1 build and hope that this brings more stability and fun. You can sign up now right here!

Unfortunately, we've had some issues tracking the statistics (and did not track the test event) and we had to cancel two events due to F1 being at the same time and Halloween also did not turn out to be a busy night on the ACC Club. As a result we have statistics for four races only, but they were great races nevertheless.

20191024215436_1.jpg

@Geof taking the new Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo to P8 in a rainy Qualification at Brands Hatch

October is still fall, track temperatures have been lowered across all events providing drivers with new setup choices to make to keep their tyres up to the right temperatures. However, compared to September, we've had to drive less laps in the rain! Only 25% of the distance travelled this month by our members has been rainy. Unfortunately though, after a moderately wet Qualification, the Race was completely soaked and only seven out of 14 drivers managed to complete the race.

Fun facts
  • The closest Pole Position of the month was taken by @Geof beating @Celtic Pharaoh by the blink of an eye. Just 0.082 separated the two at Monza on the 8th of October.
  • The closest win? Again @Geof beating @Celtic Pharaoh. October 1st, after 26 laps on the Nurburgring it was Geof being just 0.233 quicker! Fun fact on top of the fun fact, during Qualification it was @Celtic Pharaoh beating @Geof by 0.141 to pole.
  • Most picked car this month has been the Ferrari 488 GT3, in the four registered races, there have been 10 Ferrari's racing!
  • @Daniel Monteiro not only won the Duo race, he also won his first RD Club Race at Zolder! Being one of the four recorded race winners this month, next to @Geof (Nurburgring), @Celtic Pharaoh (Monza) & @Trebucht (Brands Hatch)! Congrats to all of you!
  • The Race won by @Geof was won from P2. The Race won by @Celtic Pharaoh was also won from P2. The two drivers sat on pole in the race the other driver won. A (friendly) rivalry in the makings?
  • 16 new Club Members have been racing with us since we started recording these stats! Welcome!
  • 1960 laps (11112 km) in just 4 events compared to 2569 laps in 8 events in September. The increased grid size to 12.5 cars definitely helped us get close to beating the lap count!
Awards
We know, after last month you guys are waiting for it! AWARDS!

King of the Overtakes - @Paul Glover (+3.5 per race)
Our Social Media manager, Paul Glover, participated in two of the four events and managed to gain an average of 3.5 positions per race! Watch your inside when Paul is coming up behind, he proved to know how to pass you ;) @JussiS, winner of the September award, did great again (+2.5 per race), so keep your eyes on him too.

Most Active Member - @Vlad Zap - 5 / 5 Races
Vlad Zap has been involved in all four events and in the duo event as well, completing an impressive 114 race laps out of the total 117 driven laps. Special Mention to @Geof also involved in the same races, however a DNF at Brands Hatch meant he drove less race laps. Thank you both for your involvement!

Fastest Driver - @Celtic Pharaoh - Three podiums, one win and one pole.
@Trebucht has been beaten this month, basically because he only participated in 1 recorded event. @Celtic Pharaoh finished all his three particpations on the podium, taking every step once and starting from the front row on the first race of the month. Therefore we declare @Celtic Pharaoh to win this award in October!

That rounds up the most recent month of the ACC Racing Club. Do you want to become part of these statistics, fight for the Fastest Driver award or do you just want to enjoy great casual racing? Then go ahead and take a look at our Racing Club right here. Into other racing sims than ACC? Take a look at their respective forums and sign up there!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Spread some love and give us a like/follow/share on Social Media!

Podcast fan? Don't forget to catch up with the latest happenings on your Podcast platform of choice! Just search 'RaceDepartment'.

Sim Racing is awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Always enjoy battles with @Geof. We're always very close on pace and he is one of cleanest and fairest drivers I've raced against. Look forward to more racing in future!

Thx man, I could say exactly the same about you... but I'm too lazy to, so I won't.

Massive thx to the Staff for entertaining us so beautifully!
See you next on track.
Cheers.

Love to join in , but need more practice first!
Just join in, you're very much welcome, there are plenty of helpful members on teamspeak that are willing to help you get up to speed. Also there are other 'slower' (hope I don't step on any toes here) competitors so you are very likely to find people to battle, follow or whatever to get you going quicker and quicker. There is usually a quite healthy mix of all levels of drivers in our events. :thumbsup: in the end it is all about casual fun anyway!

Just join in, you're very much welcome, there are plenty of helpful members on teamspeak that are willing to help you get up to speed. Also there are other 'slower' (hope I don't step on any toes here) competitors so you are very likely to find people to battle, follow or whatever to get you going quicker and quicker. There is usually a quite healthy mix of all levels of drivers in our events. :thumbsup: in the end it is all about casual fun anyway!
Ok thanks only had game a few weeks i will join in at some point looking forward to it

I joined in with a bit of qualifying last night on a big test server (40+ participants) that included some of the faster, more well known names.

I found myself 5 seconds+ off of the pole time which for me was a good indicator that I need much more practice and improvement before joining any organised races. Being that much slower would involve me spending the whole race looking behind me and trying to keep out of everybody's way instead of enjoying it so I'm going to have to do a lot better than that before joining in.

@EsxPaul I had a similar experience. Since then I indeed trained my consistency and lap times, but still not be able to match the faster players. There is only so much you can achieve with the amount of time I have to invest in this hobby I learned. ;-)
I would only be interested in online racing if I would find a bunch of guys in approximately the same time bracket per lap than what I can do +- 1 second or so. The rating system in ACC is a good thing, but I would love to see some rating, with which I can find similarly quick players to race against.

@Dirk Steffen
It's the same old story for us southern hemispherians mate, which was another reason why I pulled the pin on sim racing, the timezone difference to the US and the EU will always be a hindrance and the RD AU club guys run rF2 or AMS which I don't enjoy as much as AC or ACC, sadly I don't see anything changing in the future to cater for our timezone. So how have ya been, hope all is well? Ive missed the rivalry and the banter tbh.

Being that much slower would involve me spending the whole race looking behind me and trying to keep out of everybody's way instead of enjoying it so I'm going to have to do a lot better than that before joining in.
I always felt the same until I joined. Just being able to watch them, learn from them. In the race you'll only see them passing you once on the longer tracks, twice on the smaller tracks and it is up to them to initiate a safe overtake. They are familiar with it, just be predictable and you'll be fine.

As I said before, the different levels in our events make sure you have (almost) always somebody to battle with and you can learn from each other and get within the 3 second from aliens range, in which you can start focusing on not being lapped, continue your growth etc etc.

I havent had a lot of track time either (All sims combined around 700 hours in 8+ years) but I have grown a lot myself thanks to the racing clubs and the tips I get and now find myself consistently battling the subtop, with an occasional battle for the lead if the track suits me well :)

(aand being premium already, its not a big step to try it some time ;))

How about altering event times slightly so that RD premium members from other time zones get a chance to participate in an ACC event now and again?
It really is incredibly frustrating not to see events where we get at least a chance to race for such a long time on end.

The racing clubs run entirely on volunteers, like the entire site on that note, if you have the time to consistently host a race a week (on our servers ofcourse) feel free to reach out and maybe we could be looking into an AU-based race club.

Last edited:
Great stuff happening in Sim Racing. Love it. Meanwhile we, the slower drivers just keep plodding on. :(
Wouldnt it be nice to have 'Best Backmarker of the month' award!!!! :D:whistling:
I'll try to come up with some more 'backmarker awards'. But the problem with that is that not everybody may like being publicly called slow, so there is a very fine line between a fun award or a complete and total public humiliation

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%