ACC: First Preview of Paul Ricard Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Paul Ricard.jpg

Marco Massarutto has teased a first image of a soaking wet Paul Ricard circuit in Assetto Corsa Competizione - demonstrating a frighteningly lifelike looking image.

Now let us all be honest here, Paul Ricard in its modern configuration isn't exactly everyone's cup of tea when it comes to racing circuits of choice, the once legendary track having had something of a makeover in recent years to become instantly recognisable from the TV screen, but practically impossible to tell where one is driving when out on the circuit.

Thanks to the wonders of modern asphalt technology, the Paul Ricard High Tech Test Track is something rather unique in the racing world - but man is it difficult to pick out where those corners are!

Coming very soon as part of the Steam Early Access release programme for Assetto Corsa Competizione, Kunos Simulazioni own Marco Massarutto couldn't help but spread some of the excitement by pushing out an early preview of the track under wet conditions - an image that really does showcase what is an incredible graphics engine in play with this already very impressive feeling racing simulation.

So there you go folks - Paul Ricard is ACC first look. Looks pretty good doesn't it? - even if the track is awful!

Don't forget to check our review article and video, found HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Excited for Paul Ricard coming to ACC? Enjoying the title so far? Let us know below!

Wait...am I the only one who likes Paul Ricard? Yea the corners are sometimes hard to see, but hey...IRL racers/sim-racers didn't get into racing because it's easy, right? At least when you run off into Joseph's runoff-zone of many colors, you're usually far away from any walls :D

and YES, that image is really something amazing...and thankfully I can actually believe this comes from the game itself and isn't a render (unlike some other recently released titles... :whistling: )

I was waiting for someone to say they like it. :thumbsup: Most don't usually care for it. I think it's an acquired taste.

Wait...am I the only one who likes Paul Ricard? Yea the corners are sometimes hard to see, but hey...IRL racers/sim-racers didn't get into racing because it's easy, right? At least when you run off into Joseph's runoff-zone of many colors, you're usually far away from any walls :D

and YES, that image is really something amazing...and thankfully I can actually believe this comes from the game itself and isn't a render (unlike some other recently released titles... :whistling: )

I love Paul Ricard - it's an absolute blast to hot lap or race on. Very engaging track to drive on - lots of combination corners as well as a few corners that don't have any real obvious solution.

Aesthetically, it's a bit of a train wreck...but at the same time it's got that French "yeah, thanks for your opinion, but we're going to go ahead and get all weird with it" thing going on, which I sorta dig.

• Deleted member 241736

Some people really need to grasp the meaning of early effing access.
EA, best excuse for this crap at the moment. I really regret spending my bucks to this. Most controllers doesn‘t work proper and hardware challenges are out of space. IMHO Kunos is a nvidia marketing store (hope temporary). I‘m on i7 and 1060/6gb

When someone shows me a screenshot that you have to wonder is it a real life or really a game I instantly remember Dakar 18. If you remember you'll know it...
Truth be told ACC looks a ton better than Dakar does now. Or probably any Dakar game from the series in future ever will. :D
Let's call it cautiously optimistic. :)

I really hope we get tracks outside of Europe
These are some of my picks

NA/Canada/Mexico
Laguna Seca
Daytona International Speedway (Road)
COTA
Watkins Glen
Virginia International Raceway
Road Atlanta
Road America
Sonoma Raceway
Canadian Tire Motorsport park
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez

Asia
Suzuka
Macau
Fuji
Marina Bay Street Circuit
Zhuhai International Circuit

Twin Ring Motegi
Tsukuba Circuit
Sportsland SUGO
Tokachi International Speedway

South Africa
Kyalami

Australia/NZ
Symmons Plains Raceway
Sydney Motorsport Park
Bathurst
Gold Coast
Adelaide Street Circuit
Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit
Barbagallo Raceway
Pukekohe Park Raceway
Sandown Raceway

Brazil/Argentina
Autódromo José Carlos Pace
Autódromo Internacional de Curitiba
Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo

I like Paul Ricard from a spectating point of view as it allows me to extend my vocabulary due to the expressive drivers freely expressing their opinion of the corners!

Actually don't think I've ever driven around it so could be fun.....

I really hope we get tracks outside of Europe
These are some of my picks

NA/Canada/Mexico
Laguna Seca
Daytona International Speedway (Road)
COTA
Watkins Glen
Virginia International Raceway
Road Atlanta
Road America
Sonoma Raceway
Canadian Tire Motorsport park
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez

Asia
Suzuka
Macau
Fuji
Marina Bay Street Circuit
Zhuhai International Circuit

Twin Ring Motegi
Tsukuba Circuit
Sportsland SUGO
Tokachi International Speedway

South Africa
Kyalami

Australia/NZ
Symmons Plains Raceway
Sydney Motorsport Park
Bathurst
Gold Coast
Adelaide Street Circuit
Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit
Barbagallo Raceway
Pukekohe Park Raceway
Sandown Raceway

Brazil/Argentina
Autódromo José Carlos Pace
Autódromo Internacional de Curitiba
Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo
In which title my friend?
ACC will only sport tracks raced in Blancpain series.

EA, best excuse for this crap at the moment. I really regret spending my bucks to this. Most controllers doesn‘t work proper and hardware challenges are out of space. IMHO Kunos is a nvidia marketing store (hope temporary). I‘m on i7 and 1060/6gb
It's version 0.2, what do you expect. Optimizing to make it run smoother is mostly cominh in the later phases.

- Excited for Paul Ricard coming to ACC?
Not in the slightest no!

- Enjoying the title so far?
No Mouse Support In VR No Buy...Oh no wait I already did :p
Seriously aside the lacking Mouse Support (I can live without it for now) it's shaping up to be a decent Sim alright, the updated Physics and Tire model from AC are becoming more noticeable and IMO both are good upgrades to the feeling of the Sim.
AI still needs some serious work so I'm looking forward to improvements in this area, but for now they are at least Raceable.
Unfortunately though my low-end VR system is feeling the strain so I'm hoping a bit more optimisation might help in future releases, if not it might be time to upgrade me thinks.

- Let us know below!
I already did above!

• Deleted member 241736

It's version 0.2, what do you expect. Optimizing to make it run smoother is mostly cominh in the later phases.
It‘s Version 0.2.1 and I expect a proper controller support to check ACC entirely. Whats the prop giving us s real „0-deadzone“, not the one with a 30 degress deadzone it‘s sooooo annoying

Guys, stop using "EA"! Kunos or any other sim racing title studio has nothing to do with that horrible and arrogant publisher who destroys whole gaming industry. Is it really so difficult to type: early access? Is it? Please.
And for the Paul Ricard, the picture looks amazing but this track is and always was my Nemesis. So for the upcoming update I'm patiently waiting for BMW M6 :D

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 74 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 51 20.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 53 21.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 5.6%