AC: Update Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ! Can't see this thread anymore so... What do you guys think the new build will bring up to the table?

Because these days its photos and future content, but I'd myself rather enjoy a 1.0 release ! With proper collisions etc... Anyone got news?

pretty sure they are also expert at stalling. I dont want to bash them because their work is awesome for such a small team, but why do they keep announcing release release since 2 years? :( they should not say anything and everyone would be happy ^^ Now it's too late :p
To be fair everyone has been begging for details since they first announced it and if they didn't say something we'd have people complaining that they're not saying anything. As you do now that we're not getting by weekly updates.

They're sort of damned if they do and damned if they don't. They can't please everyone. I'm just happy with what we have already, even with it's flaws (although flaws is the wrong word, maybe shortcomings is better) it's still immensely enjoyable. I think most of us are really excited at the possibilities that Assetto Corsa present, but we live in impatient times. It's not that long ago that things that now happen instantly would have taken months. We need to appreciate the best takes time and all good things come to those that wait.

I still vividly remember that pretty much every day for two years one of my friends or I would say "well, one more day closer to getting to play Assetto Corsa".

I am enjoying (very much actually) what we have right now and also looking forward to what we will receive in the future. It seems that there are many that can't enjoy what they currently have because they are too occupied with worrying about what they are going to get.

On the AC forum someone apparently quoted a tweet by Marco saying there would be no update today but they are working on the RC of v1.0 which would be the last version labled as Early Access.

Sounds a lot like v1.0 is close but given the current status it may not have too many features.

Last edited:
On the AC forum someone apparently quoted a tweet by Marco saying there would be no update today but they are working on the RC of v1.0 which would be the last version labled as Early Access.

Sounds a lot like v1.0 is close but given the current status it may not have too many features and I'd guess the MP will then be marked as "beta". :O_o:

Indeed: https://twitter.com/m4tty90/status/510342897406070784

Translation:

- Will there be an update today or we will have to wait?
- No update today... we are working for the release of a v1.0 RC that will be the last in Early Access.
- OK, good to know! Will the v1.0 RC have the contents expected for the v1.0 Final?
- Yes
- Thanks, excellent news!

Release Candidate, it's usually the final stage of development.

Yes. To add to that: In Software Development, a Release Candidate contains all the features & bugfixes ready for shipping. It is the final stage before the release of a software product, and in case no more bugs are found, the RC becomes the release. In most cases there will still be a few minor issues in the RC of a software product, and those are addressed for the final release.

Eheheh, a small anecdote: I remember the RC releases of Windows 7, they ran perfectly on my system, and then came the final release, with a nasty incompatibility with my router that prevents me to use the UPnP function, incompatibility that still exists. :confused:
Fortunately it was fixed with 8.1. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back