AC Modding Questions Thread

Crap! Forgot about that. Was actually having a similar issue with another track, should have checked that out here too. I’ll test it in a bit and see if it fixes it.
also on a whim if it doesn't try shading it smooth, as at least importing a flat mesh will give you lots of double/triple vertices which I can see cars get stuck in

preview.jpg

for the driver there is a "model" to watch it in content manager.
But I would like to have only the Gloves, but I dont know how to remove the rest of the driver :D

Hey, I tried to change a cars number plate from a european to a japanese one with 3dsimED3. Whenever I save the car and load it in the showroom or the game the mirrors are gone.
Any idea how to fix that or another easy way to change the license plate?
__custom_showroom_1678779459.png

I get the size of a european sized one that way.
View attachment 647239
I would probably hide the old plates and insert a correctly sized plate via CSP model replacement instead of changing the complete model. this way the mod can still be used in multiplayer sessions and you could also have different license plates for individual skins (placing the ext_config.ini in the skin folder instead of the car's extension folder).

INI:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = maserati_mc12.kn5
HIDE = numplate.001, numplate-1
INSERT = plate_jp.kn5
INSERT_IN = numplate
OFFSET = 0, -0.054333, -0.673897    ; move: X, Y and Z axis, in meters

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = maserati_mc12_lod_b.kn5, maserati_mc12_lod_c.kn5
HIDE = numplate.001
INSERT = plate_jp.kn5
INSERT_IN = __blue_wrap_
OFFSET = 0, -0.054333, -0.673897    ; TODO: offset different from LOD A

1678791015757.jpeg1678791854351.png
You'll need the license plate as an individual kn5 alongside the ext_config.ini.

Last edited:
I would probably hide the old plates and insert a correctly sized plate via CSP model replacement instead of changing the complete model. this way the mod can still be used in multiplayer sessions and you could also have different license plates for individual skins (placing the ext_config.ini in the skin folder instead of the car's extension folder).

INI:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = maserati_mc12.kn5
INSERT = plate_jp.kn5
INSERT_IN = numplate

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
HIDE = numplate.001
INSERT = plate_jp.kn5
INSERT_IN = __blue_wrap_

View attachment 647256View attachment 647268
You'll need the license plate as an individual kn5 alongside the ext_config.ini.
I will try this in a bit.

INI:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = maserati_mc12.kn5
INSERT = plate_jp.kn5
INSERT_IN = numplate

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
HIDE = numplate.001
INSERT = plate_jp.kn5
INSERT_IN = __blue_wrap_

View attachment 647256View attachment 647268
This works for me but I'm having trouble finding the offsets for the plate.
When I'm using 3DsimED to get the offsets they aren't the ones the game uses.

Edit: I tried first using the model from the kunos Supra MK4 and it's not showing in game or is somewhere hidden in the car. Then I tried using the one from slang's F40 and the scale doesn't fit. Editing scale I the ini file doesn't affect it in game.
Screenshot_as_maserati_mc12_shuto_revival_project_beta_14-2-123-20-39-2.jpg

Edit 2: I managed to position and scale everything with 3dsimED3.
No idea why I can move or scale some objects but not others with the INI parameters.
Anyways thanks alot for showing me this way of modifying cars!
Screenshot_as_maserati_mc12_shuto_revival_project_beta_15-2-123-5-3-8.jpg
Screenshot_as_maserati_mc12_shuto_revival_project_beta_15-2-123-5-2-57.jpg

Last edited:
hello
i am chasing my dream of put my car in game, but suspension make it hard, try with frame animations, and even car load and suspension seems to work as expected (animation) , i find out most of meshes are out of place. i use 3dsmax for export,apply a reset xform and convert to mesh,looks like the pivot point is wrong when loading in kseditor, after load of animate fbx file. any one find out this problem before and find out a solution??
20230320181911_1.jpg

Can some please help all I've dove is change the wheels. The problem I'm having is when ever i save the kn5 file to the game the body doesn't load in. It renders fine in kseditor

Attachments

• 20230324234515_1.jpg
    20230324234515_1.jpg
    684.5 KB · Views: 47
  • ksEditor - MODEL_ d21.fbx 3_24_2023 11_43_00 PM.png
    ksEditor - MODEL_ d21.fbx 3_24_2023 11_43_00 PM.png
    206.2 KB · Views: 49
Can some please help all I've dove is change the wheels. The problem I'm having is when ever i save the kn5 file to the game the body doesn't load in. It renders fine in kseditor
The main difference from kseditor to ingame is that it moves objects around to match the physics (mainly the wheels) so if your mesh is somehow in the wrong place, you could end up in that situation if it's only correcting the wheels. What you can do is move the camera around and try to see if you can spot the rest of the vehicle. Most common issue is that it's 100x too large or small due to unit conversion on import/export.

Last edited:
The main difference from kseditor to ingame is that it moves objects around to match the physics (mainly the wheels) so if your mesh is somehow in the wrong place, you could end up in that situation if it's only correcting the wheels. What you can do is move the camera around and try to see if you can spot the rest of the vehicle. Most common issue is that it's 100x too large or small due to unit conversion on import/export.
Thank you completely solved my problem

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know which .ini or .lua file contains the settings and which .kn5 file is loaded? I would like to duplicate the pitcrew.kn5 and give one of them a different name, which will then also be loaded into the content manager showroom. or does anyone know how I can add an object to the showroom_start.ini that I previously added to the showroom.kn5 file. the reason is i have a driver who is outside the car. What I can't do is that the driver's skins, like in the cm_showroom, are not displayed in the original showroom. it works with the cm_showroom, but this pitcrew.kn5 is then also loaded into the game and the driver is there in front of the car. maybe someone can help.

Last edited:
Question regarding Dampers which I forgot and can't seem to remember.

When you plot a damper's graph in a chart, you multiply the F from suspension.ini by the speeds:
Bump Slow = 8000
Bump Fast = 3000
Threshold = 0,05

0|0=0
0.5|8000=8000*0.5*10
X|3000=X*3000*10

AFAIR, there was a "by defaults" speed for X which I don't remember. Does anyone know?
Cheers

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 13.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 28 14.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 69 35.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 110 56.1%