AC in VR ~89fps no matter what I do

atmfuge

1RPM
Jun 29, 2019
TLDR; Running AC in VR through content manager with the below spec/mods and no matter what I do I get FPS between 87-89 FPS. I have to be missing some setting that is causing this, what is it?

I have tried adjusting every setting in content manager between and always get ~89 FPS. Doesn't make a difference if they are maxed out or on low. Is there some setting I might have enabled that is causing this. I turned the FPS limiter off in CM if that helps. I'm very new to PC gaming after decades of console play and sim racing.

PC/VR Specs:
HTC Vive
Intel i5 7400
8gb ram
Asus GTX 1070 GPU

Mods:
Sol
Helicorsa
Natural mod
Shaders patch

tlsmikey

500RPM
Feb 24, 2016
Umm..that's what it's supposed to be. VR is locked at 90FPS because that's the max that the vive/cv1 and most headsets outside of the Valve Index can produce. You can't go above that. Open the renderer stats display in AC and you can take a look at how much CPU usage you are using, but it sounds like you're doing fine.

Authense

So fast I am slow
Premium
Feb 27, 2011
No worries,

I have first seen real 90FPS with my new Vive Pro but with Vive it was always 89,6 max with render stats. I bet you won't even see 90 FPS without SOL and shader patch or without any App and with just one car on the grid, being yourself. I never did and back then I was running 7700k and 1080ti which is quite a bit faster than i5+1070.

atmfuge

1RPM
Jun 29, 2019
Thanks for the replies. Good to know I'm not missing something dumb. It seems a lot more difficult to tell the difference between setting levels in VR vs. monitors