Resource icon

Misc AC Ferrari F2004 Physics Pack 1.999a

Login or Register an account to download this content
LTLGamer1 submitted a new resource:

AC Ferrari F2004 Slicks Tire Mod - Ferrari F2004....on slicks!

Just how fast would the AC Ferrari F2004 be if it ran on full slick tires instead of the grooved tires it ran on in 2004? I've modified the tire files (tyres.ini and associated lut files) of the F2004 based on the AC Ferrari SF70H. The tire size is the same. Of course, you do need to own the 70th Anniversary pack (and AC of course) to use the mod.

I have included only the modified tire files. You would need to create a copy of the AC F2004 (after extracting the...

Read more about this resource...

@Puma5002 Just use a regular browser to download. Don't drag and drop the file inside CM if that's what you're doing. You need to follow the instructions I've given in the description. I can't upload the whole car folder as such because the car is Kunos's.

I'll update the description accordingly.

LTLGamer1 updated AC Ferrari F2004 Slicks Tire Mod with a new update entry:

Wider Tires

I decided to go through the FIA F1 2004 technical regulations and noticed that the approved tire sizes were much larger than the ones used by Kunos (only in tyres.ini). So i've increased the tire size to match sizes used in the Kunos model whilst remaining within the approved tire size range of the FIA. I've also added a lightly modified digital_instruments.ini.

Everything else from the previous version remains the same.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Mind you the width in tyres.ini does nothing except determine the skidmark dimension. So ideally it'd be the size of the tread touching the ground, not the section width.

ATTENTION: v1.5 had an extra (.sfx) file that shouldn't have been there. The 4 of you who had downloaded the mod please reinstall the mod from scratch.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience I've caused.

why is there no sound? followed step by step with the instructions and im sure i got it right because they work but the sound is just gone
edit: fixed it, had to replace the SFX files and modify the GUID file to be "ks_ferrari_f2004_sl" at every instance it appears instead of "ks_ferrari_f2004" + rename the bank file to "ks_ferrari_f2004_sl.bank"

Last edited:
LTLGamer1 updated AC Ferrari F2004 Slicks Tire Physics Mod with a new update entry:

Final

Please delete all previous versions of this mod and please reinstall this mod. The car folder name now is ks_ferrari_f2004_s1

For the best possible experience, use CSP (the newer, the better)

I've finally managed to get an actual slick tyres model working for the car via CSP (included the required parts as a separate kn5 file). The tires were taken from the Ferrari F138 (had to edit the rim sizes to make them fit; I Used 3DSMax for that). Their diffuse textures were taken from CSP. The lettering on the sidewalls should change as you...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes